Do you name your ride?

4900Rockpock

Aug 26, 2003
':(' I have a Fuji Nevada. ':('
It has served me well over the years trhough thick and thin. My friends and I have a rule, that if you do a major stunt or get into a major wipeout, then your bike earns the right to have a name. Thus my bike earned the name, Fujimonster. Have you named your bike?

(You don't need to have crashed or anything, I just want to know).

Originally posted by 4900Rockpock
It has served me well over the years trhough thick and thin. My friends and I have a rule, that if you do a major stunt or get into a major wipeout, then your bike earns the right to have a name. Thus my bike earned the name, Fujimonster. Have you named your bike?

Yup, her name is Duchess. She's too lady-like to crash although I have noticed that the **** likes to flop over whenever a good looking bike mechanic comes near her.

...Lenore (Trek 5200)

Shapely, refined, composed, she's all three
a much better cyclist than I'll ever be!

She's never quite certain when she's fully controlled,
and calmness the key, to continue to roll

but though I can fake, when control's being sought,
She knows in an instant, the moment I'm not...

Feanor

Feanor

I have named my machine Milli..not really certain why..just seemed to fit. Im still trying to come up with a name for the new bike...

Haven't named any of my bikes, although the Nishiki will get named. It will be a Japanese name. I'll post when I've chosen.

Yup,, named mine "Mario". Its a wierd name for a mountain bike but Mario is my favorite road cyclist and I actually have a selle italia Mario seat (the one with flames and a devil on it). It gets some wierd looks but I like it. My friend has a Fat City he calls "Gigi".

my friend has an old fuji blaster from when he was a kid, we call it Old Bessie, we ride her when our bikes are in the pits.

my other friend spray painted his bike in camoflauged colors, and named it Battling Beatrice.

Do you mean have we named our rides as our bikes or women....

When I repainted my bike, on the cross tube I had my name put on using graphx. But the name of my bike is Nostromo. Sometimes I feel like an alien being towed by my bike....

Memph

I decided to call my bike Sirius. A kind of a play on words. It's Specialized Sirrus Pro - a serrious bike, and after Sirus Black in the Harry Potter books. As you can see it's very black. Not only that it's a great bike. No I haven't crashed it!

Here's a nice picture - bottom of page

nice, i hope it doens't come to the same untimely demise as sirius does. I just got word that the kid with the battling beatrice, he's kinda our leader guy thing, who we all follow, sad that i'm a follower and not a leader, luckily he's going to a different school now, so this is my chance... -OFF TOPIC- anyhow, he recently told me that my bikes original name was F*ckinFuji, can you tell he's extreme/outgoing? anyhow i like fujimonster more.

My current ride is named Axel Rhodes. Axel, after the greatest cycle racer in the history of the sport, Eddie Merckx's son. Rhodes is a compromise. My daughter said it should be "Rose" after the rock singer, but I didn't really like that. I said I usually ride it on the road, so Rhodes it is.

My next bike is already named. Before I settled on the specific bike, it was tentatively called Axel Rhodes, Jr. But, when I decided on a 2004 Cannondale R1000 in the "speed yellow" color., my daughter said it looked like a "Slash McGurk." A tough, no-nonsense Irishman unafraid to take on the hardest climbs and the hairiest descents!

My Bianchi is named Mario and my Fondriest is named Fabio because it is simply fabulous.

Originally posted by Memphmann
Do you mean have we named our rides as our bikes or women....

When I repainted my bike, on the cross tube I had my name put on using graphx. But the name of my bike is Nostromo. Sometimes I feel like an alien being towed by my bike....

Memph

Memph. Explain graphx to me, please. I'm just about to put a new livery on my steed, and I was thinking along the terms of my name on the top tube. That would be very "racey" I think, and would force me to go faster so I wouldn't look like a fool on a Pro bike.

All the bikes have names:

Training bike is an orange lemond..........The orange whip
Race bike Eddie Merckx team sc..............Fast Eddie
Mountain bike Klein Mantra race..............The fat *****
Commute / shopping bike........................The car ( because it IS my car )

Gotta give your bikes names!

My Quintana Roo is named "Puta"....the ***** likes to slide on sharp turns

My new Fuji I'm naming "Skanky"....I have all different color components on her so she looks like a cheap hooker

My mountain bike I call "Fatty"....those damn things are so heavy compared to road bikes