Do you own a pair of Vans?

milk

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50757
Question: Do you own a pair of Vans?

- Yes
- No

What the title says - do you own vans? The shoes thread seems to
indicate that you probably do...

--
milk

'Just 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives. I guess it's kind of
unfortunate that I'm spilling mine on the pavement.'
(http://www.myspace.com/milkandshins)
milk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12254

Nope, I have owned, in all of my life, one pair of vans shoes.

I keep my shoe choice simple, convers hightops, or ones from walmart.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

I have nly owned two piars of vans and i only wore one pair of them. I
were etnies all the time or i wear converses. If I go to play tennis I
wear addidas to play in but I wear my etnies until I get there.

--
lucky_8

I'm not a hardcore rider yet only because I need a trials uni and my
learner is broke
working on level 4 and I just started the level system. I also don't
even like the level system
unicycle for christ
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

i dont like vans (at least the ones i had from target a while back). I
went through 3 pairs in 2 months (skateboarding).

I wear Emericas now. Great shoes.

--
skate4flip

reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 6/01/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

skate4flip wrote:

> I wear Emericas now. Great shoes.

My emericas were pretty strong, though they looked as though they were
made entirely of cake icing (the bad cardboardy kind you get on the
boxed birthday cakes from supermarkets). The best shoes I've ever owned
were my Osiris', though they were a little big...

--
milk

'Just 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives. I guess it's kind of
unfortunate that I'm spilling mine on the pavement.'
(http://www.myspace.com/milkandshins)
milk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12254

Wow, I've worn a pair of Vans every day since... end of april I THINK,
and they were the cheapest Vans in the store ($40, I can't tell what
model, sorry) And so far they don't show a SINGLE sign of wear anywere.
And I ride street, trials, muni, freestyle in them. Before these Vans I
had NSS shoes that were literally destroyed in little over 2 months.

I love them. The bottoms are perfect for unicycling, stiff enough and
flat with the right tread for pinned pedals. I've done a bunch of not
too fast gliding on a knobby tire with them, and I am suprised they
have no wear at all.

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

*><>* Screw in Lightbulbs for Christ **<><**

bugman wrote:
> I currently own my 2nd mini van. So I guess briefly I owned a pair of
> mini vans.

lol - I was honestly just waiting for someone to do that. :p

--
milk

'Just 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives. I guess it's kind of
unfortunate that I'm spilling mine on the pavement.'
(http://www.myspace.com/milkandshins)
milk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12254

what if we own 3 ... my most worn ones have lasted for 9 months of
wearing them everyday everywhere

--
skrobo

*><> Unicycle For Christ <>< PM me if you would like to
join!!!*
ok i have been riding for 3 years, doing tricks for 6 months and being
sorta hardcore for 3 months (before that the only trick i did was a
hop-180 to backwards riding or a spin off of a wall or something

-stephen-
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

I have a pair of Vans that I wear for my urban and neighborhood riding.
I have a pair of Nike hightops that I wear for MUni. I got the Nike
shoes at an outlet mall so they were sort of cheap.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656

I wear DVS shoes and I love them so much. They are about a year old now
and they still look brand new. I use to wear nike shoes and stuff like
that, and those would have fallen apart by now. The type of leather
they used on the outside is shiny and stays shiny, so whatever it is, I
love it.

Plus the sales woman (my age) at the element store was really hot and
was hitting on me the whole time, haha. Then afterwards I was browsing
around the store and she spanked me while she was walking by and
winked, so maybe that has something to do with my fond memories towards
them... : -P. That was an awesome day, haha.

--
cegli

I like to unicycle.
cegli's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10585

milk wrote:
> What the title says - do you own vans?

No but I've got two cars. Sorry :rolleyes:

I wanted something with some ankle cover and Vans only seem to do low
cut shoes. I thought about 661 Duallys but was put off by Roger saying
his don't last long (but he admits to being hard on shoes). My riding
shoes spend most of their time wet and gritty so I wanted something
that should be nice and strong and durable.

I've just bought a pair of Five-Ten Impacts (came this morning) -
they're about the same price as the 661s but look to be more rugged (I
hope) and have had good reviews from mountain bikers so I thought I'd
give them a go. First impressions are pretty good - they look
well-made but not too heavy and are very well padded round the ankle.
I'll put a review up when I've tried them out.

Rob

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
weekend in May 2006
Same again next year anyone? It'll be dry, I promise.