Do You Own Different Bikes For Different Rides?

JoanMcWench

Feb 17, 2015
I'll admit I do. I have two that I use regularly: The first is for 'important' transportation which means work or shopping. I take care of that bike like it's my baby Frankenstein monster. I also have replacement 'just in case' parts for when something happens somewhere along the trips.

I also have a beach cruiser which I use for fun transportation. Riding with kids or the park or the beach as the name of the bike so aggressively suggests. There's a few issues with this bike. I clearly don't care for it as well & it doesn't have the bells & whistles.

Anyone else have different bikes for different rides?

Reactions: haleylx4
Of course!
Singlespeed 24" for dirt jumps and skatepark,
26" 1x10 for booting around town and commuting.
26" fully geared mountain bike with a trailer for errands.
Had a road bike but I sold it for motorcycle insurance money.
Planning on finding an old but high end steel road bike and re-doing the whole thing.

I just have the one for every use. It's a mountain bike with front & rear suspension, disc brakes & it also has some nice tread tyres that are not too slim and also not too chunky.

I can go pretty much anywhere and in any weather conditions with it and I love it. I don't use it as much as I'd like to but I still like to think of my bike as a bit of a workhorse.

BikeBikeBikeBike said:
Of course!
Singlespeed 24" for dirt jumps and skatepark,
26" 1x10 for booting around town and commuting.
26" fully geared mountain bike with a trailer for errands.
Had a road bike but I sold it for motorcycle insurance money.
Planning on finding an old but high end steel road bike and re-doing the whole thing.
Well, I think we all secretly knew YOU had more than one bike, BikeBikeBikeBike. :rolleyes:

I don't, I only have one, but then I wouldn't identify myself as a recreational cyclist. I ride almost exclusively for transportation, and only in town. I have considered getting a different type of bike at some point in the future, one that might be a little easier going uphill, but then I think my spine is happiest with an upright bike, so I'll probably stick with that.

I mainly use one bike but I do keep a spare mountain bike in the case my main bike breaks down or has a mishap. Its always a good idea to keep more than one just in case of an emergency!

I have one main bike for commuting/take when trailer camping, and another main bike for my longer weekend rides, and another main bike for touring, and yet another for off road riding, plus a few others I ride ever so often.