Do you own your dream bike???

FatBoyRacer said:
How many of you own your dream bike or is there such a thing as a dream bike???

Ooooh yeah there are dream bikes [drool]such dream bikes..[/drool]
I think of my dream bikes while simultaneously waiting to get rich and watching a pot of water on the stove.

Had a dream bike, back in the mid 90's. A 95-96 Breezer Thunder with the (brand new at tha time) xtr v-brakes and kooka cranks, Pauls derailuers, a judy prototype and full titanium bolt kits etc etc Great bike for its time, rode like a dream. the frame was only $600us but by the time i was done it was a $4.5G bike. Raced it for 1/2 a season, needed $$ parted it out to my buddies....oh my sweet baby, how could i do that to you, after you treated me so nice...

since then i limit myself to 5 grand or so per year on bicycles etc. that has to get me a road, mtb or fixie anytime i need/want one, including repair replace or upgrades. tough world, tough lock errr I mean luck hehe

I found myself saving forever to buy the bike I wanted. An Opus Vivace. I love it to death. I ride everyday without fail. But I do find myself looking at the higher end bikes. I was wondering if any of you found yourself in the same position. Once you get the bike you wanted. Do you start to dream about another or is it only me?????

A year after I get out of college (2.5 more to go), I shall own my dream bike (well of course, until the latest bike technology replaces my previous dream bike)

I actually have a '96 Breezer Thunder (Deore XT stock except for CK carbon bars), and yes it's all you say about them.
Other 'dream' bike I have now are a 2007 LeMond Tourmalet (stock), '83 Marinoni custom with full Campy group (very fast), '73 Kabuki Pro (one owner...me), Trek 500 (105), Univega Supre Sport (triple butted CroMo/Campy), Trek 930 (stock), Leader framed custom hybrid trainer), and some other lesser animals.

I'm happy but never content it seems... :)

My dream bike is my 2006 carbon fiber Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 clinchers. Gives me an inspiration every time I ride it, knowing I'm going the fastest that I can possibly go. It cuts against the wind, especially on windy days. And when people see me ride it they think I'm rich. It cost me about $5570 all ebay, but at retail bike shop prices it would be around $9000.

Yes, I do have my dream bike. I ws thankful enough to earn enough money to buy a 2013 Specialized Sirrus Elite (I am 13 years old and I am in a middle class family so this is a lot of money!). I had wanted that bike for a long time, as my previous bike was a 2007 Giant Boulder SE. It did the job, but it was not the bike I wanted. This bike has immersed me into cycling, and I have done many miles on it since I bought it in July. It is a dream to ride compared to my other bikes, and it is exactly what I wanted. The tires are large enough to ride on some dirt bike trails and some rough roads, but they are skinny enough to go fast on the road. I can average about 18 M.P.H on the road. I love the paint job on it, as it is a silver matte finish. It looks like it came out of the future! The only thing I would do to it to make it better is maybe throw tires that are a bit skinner on it, and change the straight bars to drop bars. Other than that, absolutely perfect!