do you pee off your bike?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by zmanzzzz, May 19, 2003.

1. tmjoe

tmjoe New Member

if only we could duke like a dog..nice and clean!!!

2. camshaft

camshaft New Member

Scuba Diver here.....

I haven't started cycling yet, just subscribed here because I'm interested in it, but in scuba diving we have to deal with this same problem, as someone mentioned in the beginning.

Even if you're in the water for only 45 min, you will almost def. have to go, because every 33 feet deeper you dive the pressure on you're body doubles, so it gets squeezed out of you. Everyone just goes in their wetsuit though, it's assumed. And you don't even think about trying to open the wetsuit. But then again the fact that you're in water to begin with makes things alot cleaner.

I have however seen a simple device sold to handle this. It was a condom-like piece with a thin hose attached, and then a gasket on the other end of the hose that fits to a hole you cut in the wetsuit. That way you can pee and it goes out the side of the suit. Of course no serious self respecting diver would use something so stupid, but it sounds like in a long bike race something like that may work. Perhaps just have the tube come out the bottom of the shorts and rolled up, and then just unroll when you need to.

3. Mouse Potato

Mouse Potato New Member

Including "drag the @rse along the grass"?

(a bit tricky when cycling too, unless you ride a recumbent)

4. rollers

rollers New Member

aka Tractor Pull

5. ebroadwell

ebroadwell New Member

While watching the tour this year I saw Lance just before the camera changed view points slip to the side as another rider also went ahead both to pee. Lance gets a push from his team mate on the ass while he opened his shorts from the leg and let it out.

6. zmanzzzz

zmanzzzz New Member

7. ShaunK

ShaunK New Member

You know, you might have to address this in the mechanic forums as well...proper cleaning of the bike and all that. What a thread that has been going here...talk about alll things biking!

8. zmanzzzz

zmanzzzz New Member

9. Xsmoker

Xsmoker New Member

I got to go shake da ting mon, I'll be right bach..

10. ouzo

ouzo New Member

I've tried going whilst on the bike, just cant seem to relax the muscles. I have a weak bladder so have to go often. Normally pull over somewhere and let it out. As I'm no where near the winning bunch a minute or 2 of the bike is not going to mean much.

About takign a dump, well my nerves normaly make me evacuate quite a bit in the morning before the ride, so I havent had the need whilst on the bike.

11. cpa

cpa New Member

I read an article once that told the story of a guy out training on a deserted road, who had just caught up to a girl out doing the same thing. Just as he was coming up on her wheel, she got out of the saddle, pushed her ass back and PISSED all over him.

Needless to say, she was pretty damned embarrassed when she realised he was there (shouting expletives at her).

Eeewwwwwwww.

12. melvyng

melvyng New Member

I believe Greg LeMond had diarhea once while racing in the Tour de France, he just pooped in his shorts and he smelled so bad that his domestiques wouldn't go anywhere near him. He went on to win the Tour. Now that's a stud muffin if there ever was one.

13. wildearth2001

wildearth2001 New Member

Well I know swimmers urinate on themselfs, or into the pool all the time. I know from experiance being a very active swimmer.

14. trekrider4315

trekrider4315 New Member

Runners don't do it all the time, I'm in cross country for my high school and we don't take a wizz in our pants, we stop and find a tree. But really you do get more energy if you just stop during a race, because 1) youre lighter and 2) it feels a ton better so you run faster. BUT we don't just go during mid-stride if thats what youre asking.

15. xcgeek

xcgeek New Member

I've pissed in my pants pleanty a time during a cross country (running) race.

16. zmanzzzz

zmanzzzz New Member

may this post never stop!

17. trekrider4315

trekrider4315 New Member

HAHA right on thats the attitude.

18. leifclarke

leifclarke New Member

You actually stop during the race? Highschool crosscountry races are so short. Stopping in one would be the equvalent of stopping in a 10k TT. You'd lose tons of spots.

Myself, I've tried to pee off the bike a lot of times. I just can't squeeze a drop. Some sort of stage fright factor. I've had teammates push me along, I'm tried to just go in my pants, etc. But it just won't let go! It's a terrible feeling when in the first 10k's of a 100+k road race you realize you have to pee and pace is already fast.

Leif

19. r6myoplex

r6myoplex New Member

Now this is funny. I am a newbie at biking and this is the third time I have heard or had this discussion, but this one takes the cake (no pun intended).

20. Doug_W

Doug_W New Member

While watching the world championships in Hamilton this year I saw a guy well of the pack just before the feeding station taking a leak. Kinda of made sense as the the race was 6 hours and it was only about an hour in you can't hold it that long.