do you pee off your bike?

zmanzzzz

May 19, 2003
...or do you pull over and catch back up?

my friend was fish guiding for lemond and asked him that very question. greg told him he stopped and then caught up.

never had to pee during a race. The races here with their speed is so that if you stoped you would never catch back up. If you did you would of wasted a ton of energy. So I would HOLD it.

Dear Fello Cyclists

This is a very interesting debate I would have started it a long time ago but I was a little Embarresed so thanks for Grinder for starting it, well when I was doing the 5k Races before I have had time when I just needed to go and there was No chance of me to Hold and I was in a really good position to do well in a race I actually did Urinate My self and I tell you I was so relieved and it felt so good that It gave me this extra burts of energy from out of no where from being in 5 place and 20 seconds behind the top 4 I managed to catch them up and actually bloody won the race with a personal best, But Now I am doing cycling and If I was in the same Postion or even if I was not I would propably do the same and just Urinate I will think about it as just a spare of the moment things that will help me gain that much more energy from somewhere well This is my Imput to this Debate If you feel like you need to urinate and are racing in a fast race Just bloody do it man Becouse you will kick your self if you stoped urinated and by some chance managed to finish like 1 or 2 minutes behind the pack you where, or just stayed with the pack urinated your self and Managed t finish the race as the winner or in such a great position, well I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

nice post!

i actually peed on my cog on a long tour to stop it from squeaking. :D

it worked sure enough. for about 5 minutes and then was even worse. :(

jesus you guys are sick. if you do chuck a **** while you are racing and manage to win doesn't every one go, "hey look at that big wet patch around that guys crotch, he ****** his pants, hahaha" me personally i would not like to win if i was remembered for pissing my pants. but i suppose it would be funny

worse still, what would it be like for the rider behind? as the urine stream hits the back cog, it would create a nice spray pattern for riders behind to enjoy.

Dear All

Its not Sick Its called Determination and Not wanting to top and give your rivals a chance to pull away, as for the Ladies I am sure they will kiss me because I am cute and Lovely hahahah.
Well there is a way around the wet Patch If you get your drinking bottle and Prettend your drinking from it, while you are on your bike racing so if you are going to urinate your self drop some liquid on to your short so it looks like the wet patch came from drinking So spreay oyur shorts and your top so its all wet and people will automatically think you sprayed your self with your own drinking bottle.
If there was some other rider Behind and you really need to **** well spray your self soo much that you start driping and then urinate so when your urine is driping the rider behind thinks its still the water dripping, these are some great ways to save embarresement, well I hope to have helped you and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Sure anyone who does a watersport involving a wetsuit does it deliberately to get heat round their body. Pish away and be happy with it.

once i was at a ultimate frisbee tournament in eugene in march called the mud bowl. the mud was like clay and 4 inches deep. the temp was close to freezing and the whole team was close to hypothermic. one of our team mateds peed on his let to warm up.

I was in a race back east, many years ago and saw a team-member **** while riding in the pack. It was a country road course, and his line was far right as possible. He pulled the right leg of his shorts up, and let go. It was very messy. All over his bike, feet and leg. He was not popular after wetting a good number of other riders in the pack. He was ridiculed mercilessly after that, for a really long time.

Don't **** in a pack.

Cheers....

I'm not sure where this thread is heading, but I guess it can only get worse...

I used to play local piddling poor (if you'll forgive the pun) level American football and one of the players told me about how he had to take a wiz when he was playing. He said he was playing safety (I can't remember if he was a strong or free safety but probably free, as if you even cared) and was tackling people whilst he had a big wet stain on his bottom set (or trouser bits, for those not so au fait with American football equipment).

I thought that was a somewhat unpleasant thought.

During a wet and muddy XC race I let go once, and absolutly took after that.
In my first XC race I stopped during the race, again the release allowed me to go much faster.
As for road, the guys allways go to the side of the road during the 20 mins before races. I couldn't stand people reminding me "don't pee in the bunch"

Originally posted by zmanzzzz
lol, what are you doing over there. they are a bunch of gaywads. ;)

I saw about 30 visitors in our stats from that page, so I had a look :)

cheers