Do You Prefer To Cycle In Groups Or Alone?

Riding with a group of friends can be fun and I did it few times. However, most of the time I ride on my own. You can choose your pace and don't check on the people around you. You can focus on yourself, ride how and where you want, think about something without being disturbed. I don't know, I guess it's more of a habit now.

It's always nice to ride with other people, but I'm a lone wolf myself, so I'd rather appreciate the nature and fresh air by my lonesome. It's always nice to just ride around, never having to catch up / wait for your companions, and your whole experience solely depends on you. It's more fun that way, and that's why I love just riding around with no company, just me, my bike, and the world at my feet.

I prefer to ride with other people, but I don't usually get the chance to do it. I go out with a group once a month or so; a few friends and I usually schedule a time together. But I do most of my riding for convenience, to the shop or to work, etc., and in those situations it's rarely possible to ride with someone, which suits me fine. I am comfortable riding alone or with a group, there's just something a bit more special about being in a group.

I like both but for different reasons.
I find riding alone more relaxing, I can go where I want and do what I want.

If you want to progress and push yourself, nothing is better than riding in a group. Finding people who are better then you can really up your game.

Riding alone is going to give one the freedom to check new routes as well as discover better things. The difference is what we have with trying to ride with others since we are going to ride through a route comfortable with everyone.

I prefer to ride with other people, but I don't usually get the chance to do it. I go out with a group once a month or so; a few friends and I usually schedule a time together. But I do most of my riding for convenience, to the shop or to work, etc., and in those situations it's rarely possible to ride with someone, which suits me fine. I am comfortable riding alone or with a group, there's just something a bit more special about being in a group.

Honestly, riding with a group will bring that fun which we can't get when we ride alone since there will be shared jokes and laughter when on such journeys which is nice.

Both, usually alone at weekends on bigger rides so I can go at my own pace. During the week I go to a social ride where there is a small group of us.

Wow! I have been a mememe of a social ride back in those days when I was living in the uphill and I must confess that we used to learn so much from one another on a days that we meet which is good for one to get better.

I remember back then that I used to be alone cycling it's because I would like to discover and roam around and I believe that the places I have been are safe since I was just a kid. Now that I plan to start cycling again, a GPS would be really useful and seems like I still prefer to ride alone or maybe I just need one company.

Problem with me anyways is that I have such varied work hours due to a business I run I can't even join a cycling club because I can't usually ride when they do, and it's almost impossible to find a riding partner because again conflict between their working hours and mine. I would have to find a retired person who doesn't mind going on a whim which most retired people are set in their ways and want to go at a time that suits them. But this has been like this most of my cycling years except when I use to race, but my job was different back then and I had set hours, and the team all worked and had similar hours. So the only way I'm going to be able to either join a club or find a partner is when I retire from one of my businesses, the other business I have I can set my own time since it's just owning and managing rental properties unless it's an emergency of course but thats very rare.

Riding with a group is fun. Because of the strong banding that may be created with a group cycling. I just like eating a pizza It fun to eat and drink with a friend. The best thing for a group the unity that may be develop to and making sure the hole group is still on the road.

Biking in groups is so much fun especially when they're your friends, but I don't mind biking solo just for some nice peace and quiet especially during early mornings or at night.

As an event host with the Vancouver Bicycle Meetup group I ride with groups from 6 to 31 in number. We ride at different speeds if in a small group vs the larger groups. We also are a "no drop group" which means we wait for people and that also means that there will be some who just want to keep going at speed. This does pose a problem till they have a breakdown of any sort and then it becomes sensible. Riding in a group is also a great way of having incentive to get on that bike and ride it. Yes there are meetup groups where speed is the goal . We have a sister group called " Clipped In" and I can keep up to them for about 300 feet. I am non competitive however I do like speed which is why I ride the kind of bike I do. As you age you need every advantage you can get. I do ride on my own but a group is far nicer.
, I always prefer riding with a group. It's fun to have people to share the experience with and particularly with mountain biking, it feel way safer to have more people along.
It's also nice to be with the group in case of any emergency repairs that need to be done, especially for someone like me who's still learning to patch a tire and fix my chains.
Between the six of us we've also been able to search out some really great trails, as well as working on a few of our own!

If it's a reco ride, groups make sense. I like the social side.

If i'm training, I will always do it alone. You don't get fit by tapping out 180 watts in a bunch for hours on end.

Ah, the joy of group rides! Who wouldn't want to swap the serenity of solo cycling for the thrill of constant chatter and the added "safety" of more riders potentially blocking your path? And hey, who needs personal reflection time when you can have group lunches filled with calorie-laden foods that will undo all the exercise you just did? Yes, nothing says "fun" like trying to keep up with a crowd on your new Bacchetta Giro, while navigating the intricacies of diamond frame bike etiquette. But please, do enlighten us with more tales of your group adventures and the technical jargon that comes with it. After all, we're all here to expand our knowledge of cycling, one overused buzzword at a time. ;)