Do you prefer to ride with males or females?

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
This was the topic last weekend when I met with the ladies' group in our village. One woman said that she prefers to jog with males because it gives her a sort of challenge. On other replied that jogging with males can make you conscious so it is best to jog with women. There are other remarks but before I be branded as sexists, I am relating those opinion to riding.

Come to think of it, what I do enjoy is to ride with a mix of male and female riders. When I fail the challenge of males then I can go along with the females in the group.

I don't mind who I ride with. I have ridden with some ladies, who could out ride me. As long as they can pull, I will be on their wheels as much as I would a guy's wheel. Besides, a lot of the women I ride with are nice looking, and the view is so much better behind them.

I prefer to ride with other women. I think it's extremely sexist to think that males will give women a challenge when doing any sort of exercise.

I prefer to ride with other women. I think it's extremely sexist to think that males will give women a challenge when doing any sort of exercise.

I am sorry but that doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying males can't make a challenge to females?

I don't challenge females because I like to ride behind them...

Seriously, it doesn't matter to me who I ride with, most of the time I ride by myself anyways.

I am sorry but that doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying males can't make a challenge to females?

I'm not saying that they CAN'T. What I'm saying is that too many men say they prefer to ride with women so that they can challenge their women friends and push them to be better, when in reality I know a lot of female cyclists who could out bike any man.

I'm not saying that they CAN'T. What I'm saying is that too many men say they prefer to ride with women so that they can challenge their women friends and push them to be better, when in reality I know a lot of female cyclists who could out bike any man.

Any man, sorry I can't agree otherwise we would have many women in the Grand Tours. Can some women out perform some men? Yes.

I think if females are co-cyclist then it will pleasure for us to ride with them.During cycling, it makes fun to ride with a girl
as they are our partners in real life also.
I ride with my girlfriend as it gives me true satisfaction to ride with her and urges me up.
Be healthy, be fit keep cycling.

I like riding with women. It seems they ride along with me and don't challenge me like men do. I have had too many male riders suck my wheel for 30 miles then go to the front and try to drop me at times. WTF! C'mon man, suck wheel for 30 miles then try to prove you're strong?! The women I ride with don't do silly things like that. Men have this macho thing that they have to prove themselves.

The women I ride with are strong. Take my wife in the blue. 53 years old and we pass a ton of male riders. 44-60 mile rides and she cruises by men who struggle to hold a wheel. Our friend Aimee in black. Runs marathons and runs all over men on the bike. She's not even in top form like she is when she preps for a marathon.

We're pretty realistic. I realize a top male rider will beat a top female rider but here in the mortal world, women can hand silver platters and asses out to men ha ha!:D

In the picture we passed 3 bikes that took our wheels. A tandem and 2 much younger riders. The guy far back has already fell off. The guy in the red fell off a few miles down the road. The tandem fell off a bit after that. I know these younger guys are looking at my wife as we ride by thinking "freaking old lady!". :p

But then again, part of my enjoyment is having my wife pass guys who get upset about it! Pretty entertaining! :D

DSCN2182_zpsu6gebhau.jpg

Here we passed 5 other guys who hopped on the back and were struggling to stay on. Yes, I believe everyday women can challenge everyday men at recreational levels.

DSCN0184_zpssgvofqbt.jpg

Well, the only male person I ever bike with is my husband. And I mostly bike with females, my friends or my neighbours. Do I prefer one over the other? Both have their advantages and disadvantages, let's put it that way.

When I'm riding with my husband, he challenges me, that's for sure. He is very competitive, not only with biking, but with all things. So it's a bit difficult to ride with him because it ends up in a competition. Now, that's not always a bad thing because sometimes it helps me beat my previous record. Not beat him per se, since he's a better rider than me, lol. But yeah, I can beat my records trying to beat him. Haha!

When I'm riding with my female friends or my female neighbours, it's just that, riding our bikes. Sometimes, we would go to the commercial complex and bike there since it's less crowded and has wider space. And we don't even compete, we just talk or sometimes not talk, depends on our moods.

So I can go with any really... They both have different kinds of "fun."

I prefer riding with women, but I think it really depends on your "riding group". What I like about my all girls group is that we all have similar stamina and fitness levels. Plus whenever we stop for wateror snacks, I find it easier to talk and connect with other women.

It really depends on the kind of ride that I'm looking for on any given day. If I want a serious ride to break my own personal best time then I would rather ride on my own, if I feel like getting competitive then I like to ride with men, but if I want a leisurely and enjoyable ride in the countryside then I would much rather take women with me and stop for a drink along the way! There are situations where both are ideal!

I think it all depends on the person and not the gender. I often feel like when riding or running with other woman that they talk too much (i am a female also) and I like to exercise in silence. So if the person is quiet and just keeps training, jogging next to me it's ok.

I like a mix as well but I really think it depends on the person. I enjoy casual rides as well as rides for causes more so than competitive rides so personality has a lot to do with it for me. I enjoy riding with my husband but he's a serious rider so he trains a lot harder than I do, which can be hard. However, I have female friends that are very competitive and they can be quite stressful to ride with as well. So for me, it's definitely dependent on personality and the nature of the ride!

My husband used to belong to a singles biking group where there were both males and females involved. He never mentioned if he preferred riding with one over the other, but since we've been married we mostly just ride with each other. In fact, we went bike riding on our very first date and have been together ever since. I can't really figure out the point of a 'singles' riding group anyway. Who meets their next romantic interest while riding a bike? Does that happen in real life or just in the movies?

I usually ride with my male friends but I don't think I have a preference... I just like to ride with man when we're going to make a bunch of races, because the girls that I know can't ride that fast.

I prefer to ride with males because they will push you harder. I usually workout with males a lot no matter what sport I am doing because I like to achieve great results.

The thing is I mostly ride by myself. However when there's a chance for a company the gender doesn't really matter. I prefer casual rides with friends or people I know. Because even if we'd be riding in silence all way long I prefer it to be a comfortable ambiance. So, men or women doesn't really matter as long as it's a decent person.

I prefer riding with friends above all, and when I'm riding with my friends, it doesn't matter if they're male or female, or if the group is a mix of both. But if I'm riding with strangers or even just people I don't know that well, I prefer riding with other women, because I feel safer that way. Being surrounded by a lot of men I don't know would just make me more uncomfortable.