Do you shave for cycling?

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
I swore I'd never shave my legs and after 25 years of cycling I still don't and won't.

My wife on the other hand started shaving other parts of her body seeing she has always shaved her legs.

For comfort I had introduced her to chamois butter by paceline for women. Always having had a naturally thick bush, she found it more comfortable to shave into the shape of a landing strip. Far more comfortable on the saddle and very smooth with the chamois lube.

I always thought that if anybody shaved for cycling purposes it would be me so I'm really surprised it turned out to be the wife.
DSCN1495-2.JPG

Fourlegsgood2wheelsbad

Jul 27, 2022
I'll pass the word on to my wife

myself would not really need to shave legs even if I wanted. Lost all my leg hair dealing with a hormonal-low bodyweight issue. Once I restored Testosterone to normal limits , no hair grew back.

But I've got a few chest hairs I can let peek out the neck of jersey.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz

cobbwheels

Dec 7, 2022
I don't shave my legs but I do trim my leg hairs using barber's clipper.

It always leaves around 7mm length of hair. An article I read discussed about some sort of stupendously expensive leg cream that left some sort of short threads hanging out in the wind claimed to improve aerodynamics by helping to 'grab' the air flow smoothly around the legs.

You can do the same by simply trimming your leg hairs at no cost!!:p

I don't actually do it for aero gains. I simply do it because so I don't look like the odd man out when everyone has their legs shaved! And just trimming, doesn't make it look too gay. Pardon my words!

cobbwheels

Dec 7, 2022
I swore I'd never shave my legs and after 25 years of cycling I still don't and won't.

My wife on the other hand started shaving other parts of her body seeing she has always shaved her legs.

For comfort I had introduced her to chamois butter by paceline for women. Always having had a naturally thick bush, she found it more comfortable to shave into the shape of a landing strip. Far more comfortable on the saddle and very smooth with the chamois lube.

I never shave, nor trim anything in the groin area, especially the areas that contact any part of the saddle. I've only done it once and caused huge discomfort with the pokey short and pointed shaved/trimmed hairs poking my skin when I'm grinding on the saddle!o_O

Chamois lube might solve the problem but I never use chamois nor any lube down there.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz