Do you speak to RLJ's?

In article <SMf*[email protected]>
David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote:
> Quoting D.M. Procida <[email protected]>:
> >I think a threat of physical aggression in the context of a cyclist on
> >the road, even playing chicken or cutting someone up, whether you really
> >want to insist it's an act of violence or not, is bad and dangerous
> >behaviour.

> No-one is disputing that

Except me :) I don't see that raising risk awareness with a practical
demonstration is necessarily wrong - probably better for an errant
cyclist to encounter me on a bike than an oblivious or homicidal
motorist.

in message
<1hmss5p.pvm5yjjxsy0fN%[email protected]>, D.M.
Procida ('[email protected]') wrote:

>> > Depends on your definition of 'act of violence' I get mine from...
>> >
>> > For example, violence in public places can include intimidation,
>> > threats, and physical or sexual assaults, between friends or
>> > strangers.

>> Yup. I also think that we should extend the definition of 'green' to
>> include the colour of the top traffic on the pole; and white is, let's
>> face it, only a slightly paler shade of black. If other people think
>> these words have more restrictive meanings, so as to actually allow one
>> to distinguish between concepts, they must clearly be idiots, whatever
>> idiot means.

> I think a threat of physical aggression in the context of a cyclist on
> the road, even playing chicken or cutting someone up, whether you really
> want to insist it's an act of violence or not, is bad and dangerous
> behaviour.

Ah! That's a completely different argument, and one I can happily agree
with.

;; Usenet: like distance learning without the learning.

Al C-F wrote:

> What sort of person would need assistance to mug a little old lady?

Cue series of mother-in-law jokes....

--
\\\\\ Stevie D
\\\\\\\__. Bringing OLFs to the common hedgehog since 2001

(Adrian Boliston) wrote:

> let's face it the most likely "victim" of a cyclist RLJ is the
> perpetrator him/herself!

Watching a RLJ in action the other night, it occurred to me that a
driver seeing the RLJ at the last minute might take sudden evasive
action which could threaten innocent bystanders, such as myself.

The RLJ was of course wearing a helmet and high-visibility jacket.