Do you think he doped?

Bikelyst

Dec 29, 2006
Most of us know Floyd Landis's miraculous bounce back after his

disasterous stage. I was curious, considering all of the scandals

revolving around him, do you think he doped, or cheated in anyway?

Bikelyst said:
Most of us know Floyd Landis's miraculous bounce back after his

disasterous stage. I was curious, considering all of the scandals

revolving around him, do you think he doped, or cheated in anyway?

Isn't he a Mormon or something? I don't think he even drinks coffee.

Wasn't this sufficiently thrashed out back in July, August, Sept. on this and every other bike forum in the world? I'm sure if you want to see opinions on it, a search will find many threads.

DiabloScott said:
Mennonite and since he stopped on the way down Alpe d'Huez to trade a yellow jersey for a beer with a fan, I think he may have strayed a little from his upbringing...just a little, I'm sure.

No doping - I think it's the French lab's fault. Now it's Bro Deal's job to bash me... again

JTE83 said:
No doping - I think it's the French lab's fault. Now it's Bro Deal's job to bash me... again
No, I'm sure we'd rather see more French-bashing instead. You know, "Old 'Yurp" and all of that.

Did you have your Freedom Fries yet today?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am sure he is completely innocent. It's not like a pro cyclist would ever dope. It couldn't happen. Must have been the dastardly French, who framed him in order to harm their own event. Well, either that or it was the ten shots of whiskey, five beers, and two sets of identical twin hookers he did the night before.

Wurm said:
No, I'm sure we'd rather see more French-bashing instead. You know, "Old 'Yurp" and all of that.

Did you have your Freedom Fries yet today?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
In the U.S. it's much easier to blame the French than admit you are wrong. In a previous age it was the jews. Nowdays it's the French.

You know the French aren't kind to foreigners. If you try to get a job in France they have to prove first they they can't hire a competent French citiizen before hiring you. And remember those race riots they had recently?

It's a nice place to visit. But I've never seen roadbikers in Paris the 3 times I was there!

Of course he did. Who didn't? A better question would be do you really care if he doped? Or do you think that it's fair that the ones who get caught doping get stripped of their wins and the title is passed to the next doper simply be cause they did not get caught?

JTE83 said:
You know the French aren't kind to foreigners. If you try to get a job in France they have to prove first they they can't hire a competent French citiizen before hiring you.
Well, I don't know if that's "not kind to foreigners" or simply smart. You can understand a gov't looking out for their own citizens' livelihoods, because maybe the citizens have demanded it. It is their right, after all.

Of course, any immigration policy can be taken to extremes - for or against.

JTE83 said:
You know the French aren't kind to foreigners. If you try to get a job in France they have to prove first they they can't hire a competent French citiizen before hiring you. And remember those race riots they had recently?

It's a nice place to visit. But I've never seen roadbikers in Paris the 3 times I was there!
LOL, next time I visit the US I will try to get a job as an Italian national there. Funny thing, I believe that those pesky INS people have a somewhat similar view (dare I say it!) to the French equivalents... (drum roll here...) they would rather US citizens have a shot at the jobs in the US first! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I do not believe (IMHO, of course) that you can justify your 'everything French is bad' position with race riots in France. Without boring everyone to death France is having quite an issue (to put it mildly) integrating immigrants. Then again so is everyone else in Europe. So I guess that means that any doping test in a European race that comes back positive for an American rider must be suspect.

I must admit I do not understand how immigration policy, race riots in the slums of Paris (fortunately you must be immune to all this, I believe there are no run-down areas in any large United States city, but please correct me if I am mistaken), or absence of road bikers in Paris is any way relevant to whether Landis doped.

And for the record, I do think he doped. And I am neither French nor an anti-American. But I am a European, so I assume that makes me almost as bad... ;)

All meant in good humour, of course...

JTE83 said:
If you try to get a job in France they have to prove first they they can't hire a competent French citiizen before hiring you. And remember those race riots they had recently?
You mean like the U.S.'s policies about hiring H1b employees, eh? The families of Korean shopkeepers murdered during the L.A. riots might have a little different take on how serene the racial situation in America is.

All the other issues aside, I think he doped. It is a sad thing to admit because I think they tried to frame Armstrong.

I can take or leave Europeans. They're like everyone else; some good, some bad. It's not worth arguing about.

DiabloScott said:
well, actually, its been documented in articles that he once broke a record drinking espresso's at a cafe... look in "bicycling magazine" archives.

e0richt said:
well, actually, its been documented in articles that he once broke a record drinking espresso's at a cafe... look in "bicycling magazine" archives.

I'm pretty sure that was decaf espresso. He's Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes; he even married a single mom who was down on her luck... what a mensch!

DiabloScott said:
He's Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes; he even married a single mom who was down on her luck... what a mensch!
+1.

Then he decides to actually grow a pair and does the dope. Then gets caught. He must not have known what to do with himself with all of that "A"-wolf aggression running around inside after the Stage win. :rolleyes: