Do You Think Hollywood is So Satanic?

danfoz said:
Now off to load some Madonna onto my playlist for VO2 work. Cheers.
i see your plan and i think it madness. if you think by riding at a speed greater than that of sound and thereby escaping the discordant gruntings of madonna, you will only hurt yourself, break others windows or have to listen to her dreck. be not foolish.

JTE83, maybe you would enjoy this book. It's published by the Yale University Press.
http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/bookprinter.asp?isbn=9780300116670

Apparently it's "possible" that Benjamin Franklin was secretly a Satanist.
Caution: It's technically possible that CampyBob or SlovakGuy are secretly Satanist. That's not saying much.

Originally Posted by slovakguy

i see your plan and i think it madness. if you think by riding at a speed greater than that of sound and thereby escaping the discordant gruntings of madonna, you will only hurt yourself, break others windows or have to listen to her dreck. be not foolish.
Once again humor rears it's ugly head and reveals it's virtue, a lesson Mel Brooks taught me in The Producers and the irony of which on a thread of this title does not escape me. Quicker than a ray of light is indeed faster than the speed of sound, I will give you that.

I was educated by the Holy Ghost Fathers.

One of the priests, Fr. "Spud" Murphy, who taught us used say to us "God is Great, but the Devil isn't that bad either".

I don't know if he was taking the p1ss or whether he was serious when he used say this.

"If we lived under a theocracy, there would be a lot more constraints on your sexual behaviour than that. Have you read the fine print?"

I would rule the universe with and iron fist inside a velvet glove.

Depends on which theocracy. Not all ayatollahs are created equal. I don't think the Mormons/LDS are doing too badly. Catholics seem to ignore their supreme leader a lot. Some Muslims rock da Casbah and the local Amish are party freaks.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
"If we lived under a theocracy, there would be a lot more constraints on your sexual behaviour than that. Have you read the fine print?"

I would rule the universe with and iron fist inside a velvet glove.

Depends on which theocracy. Not all ayatollahs are created equal. I don't think the Mormons/LDS are doing too badly. Catholics seem to ignore their supreme leader a lot. Some Muslims rock da Casbah and the local Amish are party freaks.
I have warned you about the velvet glove and the perception that it projects. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Quote by Dan:
"It hit the side bumpers HARD when I was zoning out loosing consciousness doing 5 minute VO2 intervals last week. Blue and orange sparks, literal sparks, I kid you not. Metal/rubber on rubber... static?"

Nah. Just the impulse engines sputtering as the ion drive kicked in.

Ain't it hell forgetting where you're at and what you're doing? Oxygen starvation, boredom or both?

"Master of Puppets or Damage Inc. would probably do better for a soundtrack, haven't listened to them in ages but somehow they were the first two that came to mind when I thought about it seriously."

Sound of Guns:

0.jpg

Rock & Roll...fighting Satan's forces...who knew? Behind the scenes video with "angels and demons":

0.jpg

Next up, the video about making the video about making the video.

Quote by JH:
"I have warned you about the velvet glove and the perception that it projects. Not that there is anything wrong with that."

Are you sure you're not thinking of The Velvet Undergound?

Book recommended by U2K:

"The Hell-Fire Clubs scandalized eighteenth-century English society. Rumors of their orgies, recruitment of prostitutes, extensive libraries of erotica, extreme rituals, and initiation ceremonies ..."

Meh...sounds just like the Democratic National Convention a couple of year ago.

Originally Posted by limerickman
The greatest trick he will pull is that there is no thing as sin and that hell doesn't exist.
He has managed to convince huge numbers of people of this -
Well, there is no manual entitled "How to Make The Lord Reveal Himself to You". One just has to hope that, if God exists, he will reveal himself to them eventually. If he doesn't, tough.

Some Christians present some form of Pascal's Wager to nonbelievers, but that isn't actually an argument for God's existence, and it has very few implications for what we should do or believe just in case God really does exist. The Bible seems to have at least fifty different translations, and each version presents each verse with slightly different grammatical structure. These slight differences can have huge repercussions. Exodus 21:22-25 KJV says that inducing an abortion isn't that bad as long as you don't harm the woman. Exodus 21:22-25 NIV says that inducing an abortion deserves eye-for-an-eye retaliation (death). This radical and highly suspicious difference also exists between the 1977 NASB and the 1995 NASB, where it arises from one subtle difference in sentence structure.

Not to mention that The Bible gives a lot of commands that no modern Christian follows, despite their belief in God, sin, and hell. Even the New Testament is filled with commands about giving up your possessions and befriending the lame, crippled, weak, and homeless. Few believers actually do this, but they say I'm the one going to hell.

If you care to study the concept of hell you will find that there is little descrpition in the bible. This not to say that it doesn't exist but to note that the modern visions of hell come from authors like Dante.
Satan himself does appear some especially in the New Testament.

"If you care to study the concept of hell you will find that there is little descrpition in the bible. This not to say that it doesn't exist but to note that the modern visions of hell come from authors like Dante."

Uh...Zoroaster much, bro? The basic concept goes back a long ways...like even before Ron Reagan, bless his Irish Conservatism, was prez.

See you on the Chinvat Bridge.

No...that ain't the one Christie ate donuts on.

danfoz said:
What I wrote was "parts". Your contention to my post seems to indicate you're the one not paying attention. One thing I will say is the founding fathers got it correct when it came to personal sovereignty and freedom from nutcases seeking to impose their will on others. That's my opinion, and unless you feel I'm not entitled to it there's no arguing the point.
I was paying, attention, thank you. I reinforced the point just to make sure that there was an objective view.

urge2kill said:
Well, there is no manual entitled "How to Make The Lord Reveal Himself to You".  One just has to hope that, if God exists, he will reveal himself to them eventually.  If he doesn't, tough. Some Christians present some form of Pascal's Wager to nonbelievers, but that isn't actually an argument for God's existence, and it has very few implications for what we should do or believe just in case God really does exist.  The Bible seems to have at least fifty different translations, and each version presents each verse with slightly different grammatical structure.  These slight differences can have huge repercussions.  Exodus 21:22-25 KJV says that inducing an abortion isn't that bad as long as you don't harm the woman.  Exodus 21:22-25 NIV says that inducing an abortion deserves eye-for-an-eye retaliation (death).  This radical and highly suspicious difference also exists between the 1977 NASB and the 1995 NASB, where it arises from one subtle difference in sentence structure. Not to mention that The Bible gives a lot of commands that no modern Christian follows, despite their belief in God, sin, and hell.  Even the New Testament is filled with commands about giving up your possessions and befriending the lame, crippled, weak, and homeless.  Few believers actually do this, but they say I'm the one going to hell.
That assumes, of course, that there is a god, something for which there is a decided lack of evidence. It would behoove believers to remember that they have faith and that faith does not require evidence. We should emphasize that last point: faith requires zero evidence. That should be something that the spiritually minded reflect on before they go all holier than thou, start telling people how they should live, or trying to enact laws that force their religious views on others. As for this Satan thing, it's interesting that people have ignored how many churches have reversed course on this idea and the idea of a hell. Reversing course does make some sense. After all a "superior being" or "god" can't be much of a superior being if it get's its panties knotted by people who don't worship it. Really, should a god have an ego, a sensitive one at that?

Get over yourself CAMPY. Stop watching FOX news and sitting in the pews and spend some time in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienator .

That assumes, of course, that there is a god

In Pascal's Wager, the wager is whether we should try to believe that God exists just in case he really does exist.

Some of us live in the real world and not the one of Unicorns and rainbows. It is not as simple as some portray it.

Quote by faust"
"Get over yourself CAMPY. Stop watching FOX news and sitting in the pews and spend some time in the real world."

I find the pews filled with the finest of folks and Fox news is a bit too far left for my tastes.

Quote by JH:
"It is not as simple as some portray it."

Indeed. Life is not all unicorns and rainbows. It is complicated by Pirate Cat weilding a gold-plated Deagle widdy da beamz! And unicorns don't fart rainbows. They belch and fart Faustian Fire!

A perfect example of Satanic art from Hollyweird!

I am bottling Unicorn farts as an alternative to Obamacare and expect a great result with a friendlier website. www.unicornrxfarts.com/cureyourshiteforfree