Do You Think Hollywood is So Satanic?

The word "morality" is vague in meaning.

"Sexual immorality" is an English translation of a Greek term used in the Bible. Scholars debate its meaning.

Nice try, but I don't want your daughters... I'm a sinner!
devil.png

0.jpg

How does one measure morality, or immorality for that matter?

IIRC we were thought that there was an objective good and an objective evil. One is measured relative to another. In other words to judge something as immoral, there must be a measurement of what is moral.

Originally Posted by limerickman

The Bible teaches that Lucifer (Satan) was an archangel who, through his own pride, considered himself to be better than God.
The Bible further teaches that Lucifer (Satan) attempted to usurp God and that in the resulting battle was banished along with 30% of all archangels from Heaven.

The Bible teaches that Satan is the source of all evil and that man can be an agent of that evil.
Man must decide to choose between God (good) and Satan (evil).
That choice is called free will.
I like the illustrations with the horned creatures in the abyss...
big-smile.png

That's true.

Political ideology was the debate of the 20th century.
I think Religion will be the debate of the 21st century - and this could bring even more conflict than what was witnessed during the 20th century.
I find psychology and psychiatry to also be very interesting for the "spiritual" side of people...

What do you think that would happen in our segment of time if people showed up claiming that they had "visions" that nobody else could see etc?

Dr. Ramachandran does stuff with neuroscience and spirituality, like temporal lobe epilepsy.

IIRC we were thought that there was an objective good and an objective evil. One is measured relative to another. In other words to judge something as immoral, there must be a measurement of what is moral.
Who me?
I'm just an unbeliever who was raised Christian.

Cortard's delusion (walking corpse syndrome) is interesting. I'm inferring/gathering that it's related to depression.
They think they are dead even though they're still walking, talking, functioning people. Sometimes they think they are in hell. Sometimes they think they can't die because they think they've already died.

0.jpg

Originally Posted by Volnix What do you think that would happen in our segment of time if people showed up claiming that they had "visions" that nobody else could see etc?
There would be those who would treat any such claims as being ridiculous and unbelievable.
And there would be those who would treat such claims as being valid and believable.

limerickman said:
There would be those who would treat any such claims as being ridiculous and unbelievable. And there would be those who would treat such claims as being valid and believable.
Sort of like the words of politicians. Some will believe regardless.

Ke4roh owns this photo. It is a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.
Link to its Wikipedia page and license: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Go_to_church....jpg

I hope I did that right...

How interesting. I just compared the 2012 USA religion statistics to the 2011 Australia religion statistics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States#Statistics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Australia#Demographics

The U.S. is 73% Christian, 48% Protestant, and 22% Catholic.
Australia is 61% Christian, 33% Protestant, and 25% Catholic.

Okay, scroll down.
Wikipedia - Religion in the United States #Attendance Gallup International indicates that 41.6%[86] of American citizens report they regularly attend religious services, compared to 15% of French citizens, 10% of UK citizens,[87] and 7.5% of Australian citizens.[88]

Apparently a region's religious composition is unrelated to its church attendance.

That billboard is in Alabama, a U.S. state with 58% attending church weekly. It comes in 2nd after Mississippi at 63%.
Both states are in the so called "Bible Belt" of the United States.

We're number one! We're number one!

Well...unless you count countries governed by an ayatollah or shariah execution committee.

Metric? Wasn't that invented by them commie Frenchies to hide how crappy their Renaults were? If'n a feller din't have no wrench to fit it, it wasn't busted!

I say we go with the Whitworth system and worship at the alter of Morris Garage.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Metric? Wasn't that invented by them commie Frenchies to hide how crappy their Renaults were? If'n a feller din't have no wrench to fit it, it wasn't busted!

I say we go with the Whitworth system and worship at the alter of Morris Garage.
I dont think it was "invented" there but the "Le System International de Metric System De Litre Au Bier de Brasserie" was founded there...

Measuring liquids in gallons would be nice. That way when they ask "How many beers did you have?" I could just say one! Not to mention these hideous half a litre water bottles. You cant drink the whole at once and then there is this little piece that you carry around that its not enough for second glass
confused.png