Do you think I'm eating enough?

DeadLights

Apr 9, 2011
I know these kinds of threads suck. I have been working on my nutrition for several months, as I have lost around 70lb since last October. I had myself "dialed in" while I was doing nothing but lifting weights and light cardio. By light cardio I mean 2 days of elliptical for 40 minutes at a time, with 3 days of prowler pushes. Then lifting 3 days a week as well.

I'm 32 and 190lb currently and at 1900 calories I was dropping 2lb a week. I wont get into specifics of what I eat. Let's just assume that I already know how much protein, carbs, fats I need to be healthy.

Now I have changed things up considerably because of family time issues and injuries.

So this is my current workout:

Monday - Friday I do 40-45 minutes on an elliptical on my lunch break. I keep a good pace the entire time. Heart rate between 150-160, buckets of sweat!

Then I ride my bike when I get home every day that I can. I try for M-F but you know how it is. Weather doesn't always permit, so we will say I ride at lest 4 days M-F. I do between 12-20 miles at an average of 13mph thanks to the hilly area I have to go through. I also try to do 1 longer ride on the weekends of 30miles +

I'm either not eating enough or my body hates the torture I'm putting it through, or both, because I feel like a turd. Tired, sluggish, and generally just meh...

I'm so motivated to hit the 160s for weight, but I think that I may need to rethink things here. I have been trying to keep on track for 2lb a week, and so far I'm still doing it, but I feel like a turd.

I think you are low on you intake by about 500 calories and you may need a day off now and then.Healthy weight loss takes time.

I think you need to take it a bit easy and take in some more calories. 2 pounds a week doesn't seem healthy at all. You shouldn't be worried at all. I hope you gain some pounds and be healthy at the same time :D

I agree. If you want to change your eating habits, you should always keep in mind that it is (or is meant to be) a change for life. So it is not necessary to lose all weight within a week. It is better to balance out everything slowly. if you don't, you will look (and feel) very unhealthy in a while.

I bumped myself up to 2200-2400 a day and I'm losing 1lb a week. I feel MUCH better. 2lb a week was easy when I was extremely over weight, but not easy to do at all now that I'm getting closer to my ideal weight.

There are many things that can go wrong with your body when you do not eat enough food. This list is just the beginning. If you are trying to lose weight, talk to your doctor about an eating plan that will get you to your target weight goal without putting yourself in danger.

courier quotes

1-2 lbs./week is within the range considered safe by doctors.
It does kind of sound like you're riding a lot and may need to schedule some days off.
Or do something else for a little while, like running (which burns calories like absolutely NOTHING else), skating, tennis, whatever.
You may just be suffering from bike burn-out.

Diminishing returns bro, you've already made great progress, but it's bound to slow as you approach your target weight. Just keep up with what your doing and take it slow.

My question is: why 160 lbs? How tall are you? I'm assuming you're a guy (most chicks aren't into the scary clown thing)