Do you think lance is doping? yes or no

meehs said:
I'm not sure what you're getting at here or it's relevence to this discussion but I would argue that not only LA but most of the top riders have an intimate understanding of their physiology and athletic capabilities!!! At the top level, that's what it's all about.

What I'm getting at is that Millar may not have a good understanding of the differences that the drugs make. Top athletes have coaches and advisers because they don't have great technical knowledge. Their job is to ride quickly and win races, not to understand exercise physiology. Some of them do have a great understanding, but a lot of what even top level pros say is junk.

Yeah, Lance is doping. He's on the same drug I'm on: endorphins! beats EPO! :D

(And after seeing that naked pic of him on his bike from Vanity Fair in 1999, it sure makes me wish I could BE his Trek bike! Ride on, Lance!)

I think he is. "When in Rome.." goes the old saying.

I think cyclists probably pump more stuff than pro wrestlers.

He is still an awesome athlete, but eating your Wheaties doesn't cut it in this pharmaceutical sports arena we live in today, but we can all dream about how it used to be.......

Oh and I think Beastt is LA.

Meek One said:
I think he is. "When in Rome.." goes the old saying.

I think cyclists probably pump more stuff than pro wrestlers.

He is still an awesome athlete, but eating your Wheaties doesn't cut it in this pharmaceutical sports arena we live in today, but we can all dream about how it used to be.......

Oh and I think Beastt is LA.
I agree with all! With that about Beastt too hehehe:D

I didnt see Beastt for awhile now, so what about Bruyneel (too busy in Spain these days:confused: )?:D

Virenque said:
I didnt see Beastt for awhile now, so what about Bruyneel (too busy in Spain these days:confused: )?:D
Could be Bruyneel, or maybe he was giving his blood for a transfusion for Tyler Hamilton. I hope he is okay.

Absolutely. Furthermore, I believe Lance has been aggressively doping since 1990. Just ask his Junior National teammates Greg Strock and Erich Kaiter--both who were doped as well as Lance---and ALL got dread deseases in the next 6-10 years. Coincidence? Not when you consider the Dr. Ferrari relationship and all his peers who have confessed---all reluctantly over time.

Oh yeah, Greg LeMond thinks Armstrong is drugged too---and with the best stuff too. Not yet & maybe never FDA approved anemia cocktails.

That adds up to 15 years of using sythetic hormones, stimulants, pain killers, anemia narcotics, renial failure Interlikins, pain killers (cortisone) and hard to understand products such as "corticoids" whose perverse use is required to "turn off" the adrenal glands when the athlete has alread been manually "topped off" via IV slow drag feeds. Or blood pressure reducer vasodilators and blood thinners too. (and a 1997 bout with chemotherapy)

In addition to using illegal (but virtually undeticable) dope I believe he uses blood transfusions, as needed. Also saline feeds for both hydration and to adjust hematocrit levels to the desired 57% for training or to 49.999% for the rare blood sample.

And while I believe Armstrong is hardly alone in his performance doping, I do believe he has extreme advantages post cancer--namely access to Clinical Phase 1, 3, & 4 Trials drugs---that his competitors do not. Both Bristol Meyers Squib--his sponsor and the entire Cancer Big Pharma industry is 100% behind Lance for his marketing value.

Lance is being used as a salesmen to pitch dope to everyone. And hey, if some of it works---great!!

But their is no reason to pretend. Business is business. Lying and deception are necessary in this case due to the laws and rules which are NOT being followed for obvious reasons and the enormous money at stake.

And so it goes.

Ask Tyler if homologous blood transfusions are all that he uses. Not hardly!!

Better yet, ask his teammates Alex Zulle (1998 Festina leader) and 1998 World Champ, Oscar Camizend if EPO, HGH, Intelukins, Insulin and IV feeds are routine?

As the French say and write; Tous Dope---They are all doped.

Oh yeah, I think that all 1,800 NFL football players are doped too! Can't do the sport without it. Different protocols, but still doping.

I Have no problem with him being on the Charge As Far As Im concenred it is part of Pro Cycling He is awesome even without the charge.

This Years Olympics were drug tested to the max so every one came off the charge.

David Rebillon who is on asweome one day form did not go
Why did lance not go
I find it hard to belive that he has doen what he has doen without the help of something

Furthermore this year in New Zealand Stephen Swart I man I knwo peronelly and repsect. Went on TV in NZ and said that when he rode as a domeitique at Motorola He and armstorng along with Casteli(RIP) , hampsten, andreu , yates and others charged up by self medicating EPO. Anyone hwo wants the tape is welcome to it. IN NZ we are not paid for interveis on TV none of the netowrks do it. Stephen had nothing to gain form it so why woudl he do it he consider slacne his firienmd but wnats to come claen about what he has done. I repsect stephen imenesly for it. I actully dfeel sorry for the riders in all of this Dave Milalr what a ledgedn he had the guts to admit he was on it . PRo cyclign demand result sback to back something we as rec cyclist cant comprehend. THe orngiser sar eth eones to hang, Yes you Jean Luc LEblanc you and all the other hireciy have allowed this to happen for year syouve kjnwon about *** since the lieks of simpson died young.

Just think if tests came back positive....there would be a suspension. In the heat of the moment, others would be named. More banned or suspended. Those in turn name names. Guess what the whole Tour is suspended and big money goes bye-bye. Never going to happen. Only after their time like Carl Lewis will people admit to it.

A buddy of mine was in the NFL and couldn't believe how much stuff guys would take......he of course said he was clean though at 340 lbs and benching 600 :rolleyes:

Great post!

American media---generally cannot (advertising business is the primary objective) discuss doping other than to minimize it and pretend it is an "isolated to a very few cheaters" problem.

They even shouted down the classy Greg LeMond.

Any doping opinions may be expressed in Op-Ed pieces in a few newspapers---and they are often met with extreme criticism and threats by the advertisers or agents of any athlete mentioned.

eg: Nike athletes, Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones, or Barry Bonds are all rumored to use synthetic hormones---but no published proof---yet. Innocent until proven guilty, so to speak. Still the rumors won't go away.

Watch for Sna Franciso based BALCO Federal Grand Jury transcripts---if they are ever released. WOW! It took an IRS agent to bust sports dopers.

So much for USADA or the IOC or NFL, or MLB or any federation.

His drug is training.

He just trains the **** out of himself and pushes himself. If he did drugs he would have been caught, he must have done hundreds of tests.

Patrick88 said:
His drug is training.

He just trains the **** out of himself and pushes himself. If he did drugs he would have been caught, he must have done hundreds of tests.

I don't know whether LA dopes or not, but that logic is terrible.

Flyer said:
Great post!

American media---generally cannot (advertising business is the primary objective) discuss doping other than to minimize it and pretend it is an "isolated to a very few cheaters" problem.

They even shouted down the classy Greg LeMond.

Any doping opinions may be expressed in Op-Ed pieces in a few newspapers---and they are often met with extreme criticism and threats by the advertisers or agents of any athlete mentioned.

eg: Nike athletes, Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones, or Barry Bonds are all rumored to use synthetic hormones---but no published proof---yet. Innocent until proven guilty, so to speak. Still the rumors won't go away.

Watch for Sna Franciso based BALCO Federal Grand Jury transcripts---if they are ever released. WOW! It took an IRS agent to bust sports dopers.

So much for USADA or the IOC or NFL, or MLB or any federation.

Definitely some interesting observations there. I've never made the connection that many of the athletes accused of doping are sponsored by Nike. I suppose it's probably coincidence but who knows?

Roadie_scum said:
I don't know whether LA dopes or not, but that logic is terrible.

None of us really know for sure but I have to agree with you. It's not even logic really.

I think that LA is doping unless of course he is not doping and therefore I firmly believe he is not doping except of course if he is then most likely I will believe that he is doping unless he isn't.

So I stand firmly stand with no doubt in my mind on the side of he may or may not dope and that is my firm position.

The above is subject to change without notice.

Virenque said:
Haha, so what did you vote?:D

I didn't vote in this pole at all simply because my answer is that I'm completely undecided (which in my opinion should've been included as an option in this pole). I can see very compelling points on both sides of the argument. I really don't understand how anyone can take a firm position on either side of this argument when the fact of the matter is that only Armstrong and (maybe) a few other people really know for certain. But the poll does read "do you think Lance is doping", so if some folks are able to form an absolute opinion based on what amounts to zero factual evidence, so be it. I'd like to believe he's not doping but I'm just not quite naive enough (although close maybe) to just blindly believe that he's clean. Especially with all of the riders that have either admitted to or have been busted doping lately!