Do you think lance is doping? yes or no

^^Let's keep this discussion on cycling's issues as that will be the ONLY way pro cycling will be able to deal with its issue. Besides, who ever said life was fair?

Keeping things in perspective is all well and good, but it will only serve as feeble justification of a practice that is loooonnnnnggggg overdue to be eradicated from pro (amatuer, as well) cycling...Let all those other sports deal with their issues. If they don't - so what? That should be of no concern to the UCI. Pro cycling is dying a slow death (sponsorships drying up - and the economy is not the sole factor) with the continued scandals of a drug infested, performance enhanced labor force...

doping now - not sure - that he doped at one point sure - all pro cyclist have done this... even amateur riders dope

Landis says he's coming clean but doesn't feel guilty... So what is the reason for coming clean then just to drop some names? OTOH This seems like an awful lot of unnecessary slander if it isn't true. The lawyers will have a field day either way what a mess.

No, Armstrong is not doping.

My personal opinion (still) is that he underwent a radical experimental gene therapy as a part of his cancer treatment and is probably unaware of it.

One thing that leads me to this opinion is that his percentage ratio of fast to slow twitch muscle fiber changed.

Unless the tests were inaccurate, this is physically impossible under any conditions we know.

Gene therapy, however, allows for complete re-writing of the prgrams that control cell generation and would explain how Armstrong would have had different percentage make-ups of fast and slow twitch muscle fiber before and after cancer treatmment.

I don't consider it cheating and I don't think Armstrong even knows about what happened to him, so he has no guilt or compunction associated with it.

Not Sure said:
No, Armstrong is not doping.

My personal opinion (still) is that he underwent a radical experimental gene therapy as a part of his cancer treatment and is probably unaware of it.

I don't consider it cheating and I don't think Armstrong even knows about what happened to him, so he has no guilt or compunction associated with it.

That sounds plausible ;)

Froze said:
But you forget one thing, Merckx was also doped up too which he admitted to being doped, thus the record was broken by a doper going after another dopers record...a fair fight, though I disagree with doping period.

Ah... to counter that, Moser specifically said he'd blood doped for the hour record. Merckx was just busted a few times during his career and may have been clean during the hour.

That said, if current rules (2 years first offence and then a ban) applied back then Merckx would have missed his first two Tour wins - one wonders if he'd come back as strong to win again.

See all that stuff Landis was doing? The EPO, transfusions, HGH, testosterone, etc? Armstrong was doing the same. So was Hincapie, Hamilton, and probably just about every other rider on USPS during that period. So was Ullrich and Basso and Vino and DiLuca and Valverde etc etc.

Landis wasn't doing anything that most of the other riders were doing. They were the rule. The exceptions were the few riders who weren't doing the EPO, transfusions, HGH, etc, and those riders most certainly weren't winning the Tour or Giro or Flanders against the riders who were doping.

Yes, Armstrong was doping, and judging by his odd blood profile from last year's Tours - the one with the spikes in hematocrit right after the rest days? - he still is.

Leafer said:
See all that stuff Landis was doing? The EPO, transfusions, HGH, testosterone, etc? Armstrong was doing the same. So was Hincapie, Hamilton, and probably just about every other rider on USPS during that period. So was Ullrich and Basso and Vino and DiLuca and Valverde etc etc.

Landis wasn't doing anything that most of the other riders were doing. They were the rule. The exceptions were the few riders who weren't doing the EPO, transfusions, HGH, etc, and those riders most certainly weren't winning the Tour or Giro or Flanders against the riders who were doping.

Yes, Armstrong was doping, and judging by his odd blood profile from last year's Tours - the one with the spikes in hematocrit right after the rest days? - he still is.

Ohh yawn

Do you think Lance is doping. Yes or no?.  
No!.

My stance is that when transfusions and EPO became in disfavor- the Armstrong camp quickly found other, non illegal ways to achieve similar results.

I also believe he could have used some new drug not widely known other than by the US Government. They're always testing new drugs to make their soldiers stronger/faster & being good friends with George W. Bush, sorry but nothing surprises me. Armstrong winning has benefited the USA immensely. Why wouldn't the USA allow him (the best USA cyclist at the time) to make them look good.

Is he going to prison?. No. Hes good friends with George W. Bush.

Originally Posted by Chapeau! .

Do you think Lance is doping. Yes or no?.  
No!.

My stance is that when transfusions and EPO became in disfavor- the Armstrong camp quickly found other, non illegal ways to achieve similar results.

I also believe he could have used some new drug not widely known other than by the US Government. They're always testing new drugs to make their soldiers stronger/faster & being good friends with George W. Bush, sorry but nothing surprises me. Armstrong winning has benefited the USA immensely. Why wouldn't the USA allow him (the best USA cyclist at the time) to make them look good.

Is he going to prison?. No. Hes good friends with George W. Bush.

Yes, it was George Bush's fault, everything wrong with the world, and the USA is George Bush's fault; and it was George Bush's fault that we, or more exactly our sports, whether it be cycling, football, basketball, boxing etc, so to insure success George Bush gave them top secret drugs. In fact all weather, ie the hurricane coming and striking New Orleans is George Bush's fault. The twin towers being attacked was George Bush's fault. Even the oil well that blew had George Bush's name all over it. Yes, everything bad that happens can some how be traced back to George Bush. And on the flip side everything good that happens is a result of Barack Hussein Obama, or more widely known to his friends is written as [FONT= 'times new roman']b ə ˈ r ɑː k h uː ˈ s eɪ n oʊ ˈ b ɑː m ə[/FONT]

Originally Posted by Froze .

Yes, it was George Bush's fault, everything wrong with the world, and the USA is George Bush's fault; and it was George Bush's fault that we, or more exactly our sports, whether it be cycling, football, basketball, boxing etc, so to insure success George Bush gave them top secret drugs. In fact all weather, ie the hurricane coming and striking New Orleans is George Bush's fault. The twin towers being attacked was George Bush's fault. Even the oil well that blew had George Bush's name all over it. Yes, everything bad that happens can some how be traced back to George Bush. And on the flip side everything good that happens is a result of Barack Hussein Obama, or more widely known to his friends is written as [FONT= 'times new roman']b ə ˈ r ɑː k h uː ˈ s eɪ n oʊ ˈ b ɑː m ə[/FONT]
Just got done watching a great documentary on the assassination of John F. Kennedy (JFK II), which establishes beyond a reasonable doubt George Bush Snr's guilt as a supervisor in the conspiracy to assassinate him.

By golly, that family certainly has its share of skeletons in the closet.

Originally Posted by Chapeau! .

Just got done watching a great documentary on the assassination of John F. Kennedy (JFK II), which establishes beyond a reasonable doubt George Bush Snr's guilt as a supervisor in the conspiracy to assassinate him.

By golly, that family certainly has its share of skeletons in the closet.
and i read a new article some time ago that the bush family had martin luther king killed; and whats really weird about this...they linked the bush hatred towards black people all the way back to a great great grandfather of george bush who convinced booth to shoot lincoln...i kid you not.

Originally Posted by Froze .

and i read a new article some time ago that the bush family had martin luther king killed; and whats really weird about this...they linked the bush hatred towards black people all the way back to a great great grandfather of george bush who convinced booth to shoot lincoln...i kid you not.
I just read an article myself which links the Bush family to Pontious Pilate.

Bush's family can be traced back to the book of Exodus in the Old Testement.

Whether or not there was a burning bush is debatable but it could likely be a Weigela of Mass Distraction...

Originally Posted by davereo .

I just read an article myself which links the Bush family to Pontious Pilate.
I knew the Bush family had to have been involved in the death Jesus, it just makes sense.

God, there a piece of work.

If there wasn't such a thing as oil or any other resources, what a much nicer place this would be.

Guess the $ is king.

If he has doped it has never been proven so as far as I am concerned no he hasn't doped! Our society is setup where if a person is accused of doing something we automatically assume that they did! The logic in that is crazy being as we should all be the complete opposite.

I subscribe to the theory that where there's smoke there's fire. Lance rode in an era where you had to dope to be competitive. Lance dominated, yet he was clean! Honest! It's only a coincidence that so many of his former teammates were caught doping, and that his 'best personal friend' was Dr Michele Ferrari, doping doctor supreme. I don't buy it. The French knew he was doping, but he proved he was smarter than them by always staying one step ahead.

Originally Posted by blazingpedals .

I subscribe to the theory that where there's smoke there's fire. Lance rode in an era where you had to dope to be competitive. Lance dominated, yet he was clean! Honest! It's only a coincidence that so many of his former teammates were caught doping, and that his 'best personal friend' was Dr Michele Ferrari, doping doctor supreme. I don't buy it. The French knew he was doping, but he proved he was smarter than them by always staying one step ahead.
I guess Lance won the brain race.