Do you think the internet is getting a little out of control?

Cycler6n

Jan 5, 2007
I hate when I'm on the web, and all of a sudden, 300 pop ups come up, some of them are **** and start downloading it to my comp, its really annoying. Especially when I'm listening to music, and popup comes up, starts talking, somehow exits the website I'm at and brings me to theirs. Whats your say?

Cycler6n said:
I hate when I'm on the web, and all of a sudden, 300 pop ups come up, some of them are **** and start downloading it to my comp, its really annoying. Especially when I'm listening to music, and popup comes up, starts talking, somehow exits the website I'm at and brings me to theirs. Whats your say?
You only get those viruses/trojan horses on your computer after you frequent a dubious **** site, I've heard.:rolleyes:

Crankyfeet said:
You only get those viruses/trojan horses on your computer after you frequent a dubious **** site, I've heard.:rolleyes:
but I never go on **** sites, I don't have a pop up blocker, that might be it

^^^^^ or maybe you're getting malware from downloading illegal Mp3s from Bit Torrent when you should be forking out 30bucks per CD at the local Music Shop to feed the pockets of those Sony BMG executives, P Diddys, Timberlakes in order for them to buy their latest Murceilago & private luxury yacht in the Carribean to sail to their private Island Country. You dishonest robber you.

Crankyfeet said:

I didn't know that. :eek: Tell us more.

willocrew said:
^^^^^ or maybe you're getting malware from downloading illegal Mp3s from Bit Torrent when you should be forking out 30bucks per CD at the local Music Shop to feed the pockets of those Sony BMG executives, P Diddys, Timberlakes in order for them to buy their latest Murceilago & private luxury yacht in the Carribean to sail to their private Island Country. You dishonest robber you.

Noooo, i was actually in a joke website, not sure why it rederected me

Cycler6n said:
I use Linux for general browsing so I don't have the problems people who use crapware from MS have. :p

Get Firefox and an ad blocker. Turn off javascript when browsing those "special" sites.