Do You Use Muscle Rubs?

Some muscle rubs bring blood to the skin (some through irritation) making the skin (and as a result muscle) feel warm even though there is no change in blood flow through or temp in the muscle.

I have used insulating/water repleant substances when racing in the wet and cold. When doing a stage race in ireland where it rained non stop for 8 days, a coating of vasaline over the legs was much warmer and comfortable than any of the cycling clothes we had available.

Originally posted by bengibbs
Do you use muscle rubs?

• No
  • Yes

Why? If yes what do you use?

Yes i use muscle rubs. I use the products from 'Sportsbalm'. I use the warming-up balsem, the refresh fluid and the muscle recover oil and i am pleased with it. The warming up really does give a warm feeling and protects against rain and cold although i do not know if it really heats the muscles are just the skin, the refresh fluid has a nice cold feeling but on the long run i dont think it beats the muscle fatigue (just the feeling) also the muscle recover gives a very relaxing feel but is this because i give it a good rubbing(massage) or does it come from the essential oils?