Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sur

* * Chas <[email protected]> wrote:

> That's a pretty good story.
>
> Back in the mid 70's I was doing graduate work in Clinical Psych. The
> Scientologists on campus where a particularly aggressive lot. They
> tried to corner people and had a comeback for anything you could say.
> I developed a little clinical spiel something to the effect that
> "every Scientologist I ever met was a borderline or full blown
> paranoid schizophrenic" with a brief elaboration (which wasn't far
> from reality). That was usually enough to shut them up for a few
> seconds to beat a quick retreat!

I usually just ate their literature. That usually stunned them
long enough for me to walk out of conversational distance.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"Cogito eggo sum: I think, therefore I am a waffle."

> "Linda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> [Q] "I was wondering if you could tell me where the phrase "pie in the
> sky" came from?"

On a local basis, its a cafe at the top of reasonable climb about 1.5hrs
north of Sydney - nice river and mountain views, on an old highway that's
been bypassed by a freeway which leaves it as a pretty good cycling road,
even if you have to share it with motorcyclists who also like the sweeping
corners.

Great fruit pies and coffee - and also some with meat, for those that
indulge - you put the pies with the views, and there you go.

The cafe features significantly in a pretty good Oz movie called "Lantana" -
review at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259393/

Worth the ride out there if you ever get the chance.

best, Andrew

* * Chas wrote:>
> Back in the mid 70's I was doing graduate work in Clinical Psych. The
> Scientologists on campus where a particularly aggressive lot. They
> tried to corner people and had a comeback for anything you could say.
> I developed a little clinical spiel something to the effect that
> "every Scientologist I ever met was a borderline or full blown
> paranoid schizophrenic" with a brief elaboration (which wasn't far
> from reality). That was usually enough to shut them up for a few
> seconds to beat a quick retreat!
>
> Chas.

My daughter has her Masters in Psych. Going for a Ph.d. She has a
diagnosis for everyone. Including me. Guess what I am?

Who? What? Excuse me, the voices in my head are confusing me. ;-)

It's all good,
Mags

there is one I'm proposing - Chronically normal.That would be all of
"them."

HoPpeR© trading at 1492¥ wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2005 12:55:45 -0700,

"Maggie" <[email protected]>

> uttered something that went like this:

What did I utter, and why did I utter it to so many groups. I must
have been having a bad day. ;-)

Maggie

"Maggie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> * * Chas wrote:>
> > Back in the mid 70's I was doing graduate work in Clinical Psych.

The
> > Scientologists on campus where a particularly aggressive lot. They
> > tried to corner people and had a comeback for anything you could

say.
> > I developed a little clinical spiel something to the effect that
> > "every Scientologist I ever met was a borderline or full blown
> > paranoid schizophrenic" with a brief elaboration (which wasn't far
> > from reality). That was usually enough to shut them up for a few
> > seconds to beat a quick retreat!
> >
> > Chas.

> My daughter has her Masters in Psych. Going for a Ph.d. She has a
> diagnosis for everyone. Including me. Guess what I am?

It's called 1st year medical school syndrome. The student 1st thinks
they have every affliction that they read about, later they interpret
symptoms in others.

Chas.