Do you wash your bottles?

BigHitBubba said:
hey we were just talkin about your type in the "how much to pro riders earn" post. so how much do you earn? Just kidding :p, you dont have to answer that.

i use a camel back and i wash it every week.
We don't use smelly bad tempered camels here in europe. Try the Middle East.
Listen, good tip here. You know that stuff Milton fluid for sterilizing babies titty bottles swill a bit of that round after you've cleaned the camels teeth.
Oh you do have some filthy habits over there.

Virenque said:
I rinse them after every use and set them on radiator that all water flows off! It`s good to do that because if you don`t they become mouldy!
Dishwasher! everything here goes in the dishwasher, even clean stuff just to fill it up.

closesupport said:
Dishwasher! everything here goes in the dishwasher, even clean stuff just to fill it up.
My dishwasher left me years ago. What are these new fangled contraptions that you speak of. I booked Kim and Aggie during the TDF, I let them in and two minutes later they'd gone. Back to square one and the chippy, you don't have to wash the paper, and it's good to rub on the rims. Stops 'em going rusty.

The dishwasher does the trick. When they get stale from old drinks just put in a couple table spoons of baking soda with warm water, shake and let sit overnight.

closesupport said:
Dishwasher is not necessary because bottles are not as dirty as plates etc. after the meal..

I have two water bottles which wash about every 2-3 uses when I am not using my Camelbak:D

I rinse the road grime off the outside sometimes. I hate to get that junk on my fingers.
Are you sposed to wash the inside too? ...hmm... :rolleyes:

babybirdie said:
I rinse the road grime off the outside sometimes. I hate to get that junk on my fingers.
Are you sposed to wash the inside too? ...hmm... :rolleyes:
Problem easily solved. Get a hacksaw and saw off the top part of the bottle where it gets wide. Then roll up your waterproof top. Stuff it inside the bottle, and place it upside down in the cage. Call in cafes for drinks, it's much nicer. Another way of using a dirty bottle is to do what a lot of spectators did on the Alpe D'Huez during the Tour de France. What was that? They peed in the bottle and tipped the contents over Lance Armstrong as he climbed the mountain. Who said nobody likes him? They were only helping him to keep cool.

I only put water in my bottles, so I just empty them when I get home and set them upside down to dry out. I rarely wash my bottles and if I do it's just stick them in the dishwasher, or more likely use some cleaner to get the dirt off the outside of the bottle.

Because I need them every day during the season and because I have 15 of them at home!:)If I need them I get them in club..

I normally don't wash mine because they dry throughly in a few minutes in our low humidty air where I live. I only fill them with filtered water, normally anyway. Being set upside down on a wire shelf where sunlight hits them the ultraviolet light from the sun naturally sterilizes them. Why put them through a wash when only clean water was in them?

no washy washy.

disposable.
i buy sport drink or 'spring' water that comes in bottles that fit the bike.... use them a few times and toss them.

that keeps the price down and the bottles from getting that black spot growth in them.

no washy washy.

cu,
larryb

It's a bit like asking if people wash their underwear, isn't it?

I don't wear any. The ladies prefer me that way...

TD

My bottles live in the freezer most of the time, so not much can grow in there. I only put water in them too. Generally I'll rinse them off/out before filling them, but I only stick them in the dishwasher maybe every other week.

I wash my bottles when the water starts to taste funny. It gets this bacterial tang to it after a couple of weeks of not washing...

I don't wash my bottles or my chamois. However, I do wash all of the bike's bearings weekly.