Do you wash your feet?

lumpynose

Mar 18, 2011
Indirectly related to the threads about commuting to work and how to handle cleaning up after you get to work.

Do you wash your feet when you take a shower? Someone told me that they don't wash their legs or feet saying that it's unnecessary because when you wash your upper body the soapy water flows down and cleans your legs and feet.

Please take my survey and tell us what you do:

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/?s=OLDEKL_dc0fb766

Uhm, yes. Do these people also not clean their groinal regions because the soapy water runs over them? By that logic, you should only actively wash your head, since the soap will eventually make it to many places.

The feet can sweat a lot. Lingering sweat is a great place to grow all sorts of mean, nasty, smelly things. I prefer to actually use soap and contact with a wash cloth or hand to clean my body. I like to be as fungus and bacteria free as is healthy.

Hmm, if you're taking a shower why would you skip areas to wash? It's like this, you're already taking the time to shower so why not wash everything? You mean there is some that don't wash everything? Is there fungus among us?
[SIZE=10.0pt]Why did the algae and and the fungus get married? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.0pt]They took a lichen to each other.[/SIZE]

Do you wash your feet?
What sort of website do you think you're visiting? I'm sure 99% of people visiting here, do in fact wash their feet.

I always wash my legs and feet, yes the water runs over them but they still need scrubbing no different than any other body part. Id hate to smell their feet...

katherine25 said:
I always wash my legs and feet, yes the water runs over them but they still need scrubbing no different than any other body part. Id hate to smell their feet...
Katherine, why are you bringing three year-old threads back to life? 99% of us wash our feet rather than relying upon the water to run down our legs and do a half-assed job of washing our feet.

I do wash my feet seperately and I think that every one should also wash their feet seperately. I dop not rely upon the water flowing downwards to my feet. :)

I first wash my feet then the upper body. I am used to doing that for long now. This is to make sure that I clean myself from all day sweat.

Pardon me but let me rephrase the thread's question for my own sake - do you wash your feet after a ride? That's the first thing I learned from my older brothers who were horse jockeys. To avoid getting weak veins susceptible to spasms, let your feet rest for 30 minutes after riding. And if you have no time to spare for resting (like when you are in a hurry for an appointment) you can use warm water for washing your feet and legs.

Now this reminds me again of the bulge in my leg that still appears once in a while.

I can not think of skipping the legs or feet when you shower. Maybe I can do that when in a hurry but not every time. I am more concern with choosing between cold or hot shower after the gym or long ride. Some prefers cold some hot.

Obviously such people are lazy about their personal hygiene. When you shower or take a bath, it's important to wash all the parts of your body. I wouldn't want to know of all the germs such people are carrying around, let alone be stuck next to them inside an elevator.

I always wash my feet because I work 12.5 hour shifts so by the time I get home they are awful. I get a lot of dry skin too so I try to exfoliate my feet as much as possible.

Of course dude. I rub my feet against the wet floor of my shower while the soap is sliding away from my legs. Nice and clean. Sometimes I feel queer enough to pick a pumice and rub away dead skin and stains from the bottom of my foot.

Yes, I wasn't aware that there are people who have access to clean water etc. but don't. It seems rather gross, is it another "enviromentally aware hipster" thing?

I'd also think that the majority of people would actually wash their legs and feet and not just let water run down them. I don't really see the point of taking a shower but only washing half your body. What does it take to wash your feet and legs? About 2 minutes? There really isn't any reason not to.

At first I was like 'what kind of question is that?'. But seems all are the decent people here washing their feet properly. It doesn't really matter if you're after the ride or not if you get in the show you wash all your body parts.

Actually, if you're going to really wash your feet, it should be done separately, not in the shower. But if you're taking a sit-down bath, it would also be appropriate to include washing your feet, since you can reach them much better. But the best way is to have a foot bath, or plain small tub with warm water, and plenty of fresh soap. Let your feet soak until the water is luke-warm, and then use a special brush (available at dollar stores) to scrub your heels, between your toes. Really take the time to do it right. It will help prevent athlete's foot, too.

While you're at it, don't forget to clean your shoes. Some can be thrown into the washer with jeans or other heavy duty clothing. However you clean them, it will kill any germs and help keep your feet from smelling so bad, too.