Do you wear a helmet?

I like my head to stay in one piece.

Re the poll option "I keep it with me in case i see a cop." it makes me laugh and angry at the same time. I see SO many people do this (usually they hang the helmet by the straps, on the handlebar), and I just don't get it.

ussually the only time i dont use one is if im riding around the block to see if my tires are ok or something like that.

Sometimes I will take it off on a real long climb, but even then that is rare.

I've been down twice on motorcycles, both times landed on my head! YES, I wear my helmet.

Wearing my helmet saved my life once. I am hoping it will do so again and again. Always, always, ALWAYS wear one!

TD

95% I do. To & from work & rides out.
Only time I don't is testing something I just did to my bike for 2 mins (usually dont even have the cleated shoes just my thongs (flip flops).
I love going up to my folks place out bush with my MTB, I don't wear it out there.

Reminds me of someone I used to go out with... He ALWAYS wore his motorcycle helmet when going out, ALWAYS.

One day he was working on his favorite little motorbike and took it for a spin down the road just in front of his house. Been riding for maybe 15 years, this guy. Bit it hard, by himself, in a familiar curve about 200 meters from his own home, no one knows why or how.

Last I heard, after about 10 years, his wife got tired of changing his diapers and playing with the feeding tube. His mama's been taking care of him ever since then.

What's the moral of the story?

Originally posted by Marx SS
95% I do. To & from work & rides out.
Only time I don't is testing something I just did to my bike for 2 mins (usually dont even have the cleated shoes just my thongs (flip flops).
I love going up to my folks place out bush with my MTB, I don't wear it out there.

Originally posted by less'go
Reminds me of someone I used to go out with... He ALWAYS wore his motorcycle helmet when going out, ALWAYS.

One day he was working on his favorite little motorbike and took it for a spin down the road just in front of his house. Been riding for maybe 15 years, this guy. Bit it hard, by himself, in a familiar curve about 200 meters from his own home, no one knows why or how.

Last I heard, after about 10 years, his wife got tired of changing his diapers and playing with the feeding tube. His mama's been taking care of him ever since then.

What's the moral of the story?

Murphy would have guessed that one. Too bad. At least Gerry Quarry got quite a few rounds of heavyweight boxing in before he suffered a similar fate. Diapers are not all that becoming on a grown man. Keep care of your heads, we only have one.

I wear my helmet all the time. If my mind is totally on something else, I might make it out the door and begin to get on my bike. Then something tells me, this doesn't feel right. I always go back in and put it on.

I've worn a helmet for decades. It has saved my brain twice. It's a small price to pay wearing it several thousand times to cover the 2 times I really needed it. It's too bad it has to be that way, but that's the way it is. The habit would be hard to break now. It would give me the willies.

Yes, gentleman, Murphy's law still holds good.

The only time, in my entire life, that I ever snuck onto public transportation, there happened to be an agent, and I got a ticket.

I always think about that kind of stuff, maybe even a little superstitiously (sp?), when I don't wear the helmet. I just wish I could convince my husband to do the same thing.

Kind of off the subject, but do you ever see those people who let their kids ride in the car with no seat belt, because they're "not going very far"? Pardon my French, but WTF is that about?

Most of the time I've worn my helmet. Let's put it this way- the last time I fell I would have cracked my head in half instead of my helmet! And just 2 days before that last fall I doffed my helmet-scary thought! Sometimes I think about how long I'd be off work from a bike injury- how long would my brain be off if it was injured?Lesson learned-ALWAYS wear the helmet! Linda

I always wear my helmet. I think it looks cool and feels great.

The other day, I was running away from my gf (playfully) and I hoped on my bike and pedalled away. I wasn't wearing my helmet. Wow, major difference. I didn't feel safe. My balance felt off and everything.

I love my helmet(s)!

Here in España helmets are obligatory when riding out of town : logical as survivable acidents tend to occur in town not on the main roads , ho hum ..............

I almost always wear my helmet. I confess that when I go on a casual ride on the bike path with the wife or friends, I'll go helmet-less.

My wife and I always have ours on. As the sales man said, "The ground is harder than your head."

It would be madness to endanger one of the greatest minds of our time and my head needs protected also.