Do you wear socks in your cycling shoes?

I only wear socks when the weather starts getting cold. Lately it's been dipping into the 40's with the fall weather coming.

Ok...anybody out there. Any recommendations for good quality sock that will not cost an arm and the leg you're going to wear it?? I use good old FTL. They come in a package of 20!!!But of course, half of them are "holy". More air circulation:) :) :) . I think I'm ready for an upgrade.

Induray said:
Ok...anybody out there. Any recommendations for good quality sock that will not cost an arm and the leg you're going to wear it?? I use good old FTL. They come in a package of 20!!!But of course, half of them are "holy". More air circulation:) :) :) . I think I'm ready for an upgrade.
Get cycling socks, they are thinner, "snugger", and thus much more comfortable. Last week I went on a 70 mile training ride and realized 10 miles into it that I was wearing FTL socks, by the 45 mile mark I was starting to blister. Rode the rest of the way sans socks which saved me from some severe blisters.
Good cycling socks - check out the online retailers for sales. I'm very partial to the the Air-E-ator socks or the Pearl Izumi socks.

No socks for me. I think it started with my first pair of Vittoria cycling shoes, 1984. The kind that were just leather uppers and not much padding. They were tight and socks made them even tighter, so I just went without socks. Three different shoes since then and I still prefer to ride without socks. I do put them on if it's a really cold morning. I also don't wear underwear under my cycling shorts. But then I don't wear any underwear all the time.

Hm..cycling shoes without socks??? For me it`s the same as jeans without underwear! Until now I didn`t know that`s an option too...strange:rolleyes:
So you, who aren`t using socks, get calluses every time?

edelweiB said:
I was a competitive distance runner in high school and college and I never wore socks with racing flats or spikes. On the otherhand I always wore socks in training shoes.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Faster transition when you are doing a tri.
Pete
QUOTE]

I never wore socks for XC racing, either. As far as Tris... the cwim bike transitions MIGHT be faster. I use SIDI MTB shoes. takes me 15 second to get socks and shoes on. Run like hell out of transition. Makes the bike/ run transition faster. Feet slip right into the shoes. MAkes the ride and run that more comfortable/ faster.

I just got orthotics in my shoes and I can't fit socks as well. When the shoes stretch a bit I will wear socks.