"Doctor's orders" .. = ...death sentence?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Hanson, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Hanson

    Hanson Guest

    (1) Some Annual causes of death in the US: Adverse Drug
    Reactions ~120,000, compare to: Automobile Accidents
    39,325 Food Contamination 9,100

    (2) In 2000 there was a doctors strike in Israel. The death
    rate has fallen so sharply during the strike that the
    Israeli funeral parlors and burial associations are
    complaining.

    (3) Whenever medical doctors go on strike, a most
    interesting phenomenon occurs - death rates go down! In
    1976 in Bogota, Columbia medical doctors went on strike
    for 52 days, with only emergency care available. The
    death rate dropped by 35%. In 1976 in Los Angeles County
    a similar doctors' strike resulted in an 18% drop in
    mortality. As soon as the strike was over, the death
    rate went back to normal. A 50% decrease in mortality
    was in Israel in 1973 when there was a one month
    doctor's strike!

    (4) http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/docstrike.htm
    (5) http://www.pacifichealthcenter.com/updates/47.asp.
    Google: "doctors' strike" "death" "down". Results
    in 654 hits

    But the grand price goes to an unknown source (rep. by
    nhoop) for his incisive analysis on DEATH by DOCTORS & GUNS:

    == Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.
    = Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000.
    :: 700'000/120,000 = Go to 6 doctors and you had it.
    :: 120'000/700'000 = every 6th Doc kills someone each year
    Accidental deaths per physician... 0.171 Now compare that
    to:
    == Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
    = Number of accidental gun deaths/yr (all age groups) 1,500.
    :: 80'000'000/1'500 = Shoot 53'300 guns and you get
    :: killed. 15'00/80 million = only every hundred
    :: thousandth shot kills.
    Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

    So, statistically, 0.171/0.0000188 = 9143, which means that

    **Drs are 9,000 times+ more dangerous than gun owners**

    Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one
    doctor. Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
    We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand. As a
    public health measure, I have withheld the statistics on
    lawyers, for fear that the shock could cause people to seek
    medical aid. However, you may want to to get a gun for
    yourself...just in case you see a doctor approaching.

    Tags:

  2. "hanson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > (1) Some Annual causes of death in the US: Adverse Drug
    > Reactions ~120,000, compare to: Automobile Accidents
    > 39,325 Food Contamination 9,100
    >
    > (1) In 2000 there was a doctors strike in Israel. The
    > death rate has fallen so sharply during the strike
    > that the Israeli funeral parlors and burial
    > associations are complaining.
    >
    > (2) Whenever medical doctors go on strike, a most
    > interesting phenomenon occurs - death rates go down!
    > In 1976 in Bogota, Columbia medical doctors went on
    > strike for 52 days, with only emergency care
    > available. The death rate dropped by 35%. In 1976 in
    > Los Angeles County a similar doctors' strike resulted
    > in an 18% drop in mortality. As soon as the strike was
    > over, the death rate went back to normal. A 50%
    > decrease in mortality was in Israel in 1973 when there
    > was a one month doctor's strike!
    >
    > (1) http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/docstrike.htm
    > (2) http://www.pacifichealthcenter.com/updates/47.asp.
    > Google: "doctors' strike" "death" "down". Results in
    > 654 hits
    >
    > But the grand price goes to an unknown source (rep.
    > by nhoop) for his incisive analysis on DEATH by
    > DOCTORS & GUNS:
    >
    > == Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.
    > = Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year:
    > = 120,000.
    > :: 700'000/120,000 = Go to 6 doctors and you had it.
    > :: 120'000/700'000 = every 6th Doc kills someone each year
    > Accidental deaths per physician... 0.171 Now compare
    > that to:
    > == Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
    > = Number of accidental gun deaths/yr (all age groups)
    > = 1,500.
    > :: 80'000'000/1'500 = Shoot 53'300 guns and you get
    > :: killed. 15'00/80 million = only every hundred
    > :: thousandth shot kills.
    > Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188
    >
    > So, statistically, 0.171/0.0000188 = 9143, which
    > means that
    >
    > **Drs are 9,000 times+ more dangerous than gun owners**

    Statistically you would have to go by the number of patients
    seen by the Doctors per year!

    > Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one
    > doctor. Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
    > We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand. As a
    > public health measure, I have withheld the statistics on
    > lawyers, for fear that the shock could cause people to
    > seek medical aid. However, you may want to to get a gun
    > for yourself...just in case you see a doctor approaching.

    In Colorado, you have the problem of other Doctors on the
    Board of Review doing nothing to punish Doctors who make
    mistake after mistake:

    http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E31110%257E2-
    001751,00.html

    http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2003225,00.h-
    tml

  3. in article [email protected], hanson at
    [email protected] wrote on 3/8/04 7:32 AM:

    > (1) Some Annual causes of death in the US: Adverse Drug
    > Reactions ~120,000, compare to: Automobile Accidents
    > 39,325 Food Contamination 9,100
    >
    > (1) In 2000 there was a doctors strike in Israel. The
    > death rate has fallen so sharply during the strike
    > that the Israeli funeral parlors and burial
    > associations are complaining.

    In some cases, staying alive can be a worse fate than
    death. I am facing something like that right now. My guess
    is that that is whay so many people suffering from
    depression commit suicide.

    I am going to have an operation to relieve hydrocephalus. I
    am willing to take my chances with the surgery. Before what
    I believe to be the correct diagnosis, I was diagnosed with
    depression. At times it feels that life would be better
    after death.

    While I can sit at my computer and type away without
    worrying greatly about whether I make mistakes, as soon
    as I try physical activity or analytical thinking, I
    have problems.

    Bill

  4. Hanson

    Hanson Guest

    "Repeating Rifle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BC720B75.FA37%[email protected]...
    > in article
    > [email protected],
    > hanson at [email protected] wrote on 3/8/04 7:32 AM:
    >
    > > (1) Some Annual causes of death in the US: Adverse Drug
    > > Reactions ~120,000, compare to: Automobile Accidents
    > > 39,325 Food Contamination 9,100
    > >
    > > (1) In 2000 there was a doctors strike in Israel. The
    > > death rate has fallen so sharply during the strike
    > > that the Israeli funeral parlors and burial
    > > associations are complaining.
    >
    > In some cases, staying alive can be a worse fate than
    > death. I am facing something like that right now. My guess
    > is that that is whay so many people suffering from
    > depression commit suicide.
    >
    > I am going to have an operation to relieve hydrocephalus.
    > I am willing to take my chances with the surgery. Before
    > what I believe to be the correct diagnosis, I was
    > diagnosed with depression. At times it feels that life
    > would be better after death.
    >
    > While I can sit at my computer and type away without
    > worrying greatly about whether I make mistakes, as soon as
    > I try physical activity or analytical thinking, I have
    > problems. Bill

    Hey, Bill, that truely sucks, dude. Have my sincerest, heart
    felt, best wishes for an uneventful surgery and a speed
    recovery. I hope that everything will turn out to *your*
    satisfaction. Now, keep us posted about your situation.
    There may be posters here that are/have suffered form the
    same or similar malady and they may have good first hand
    advice for you. Take care, Bill. hanson

  5. Hanson

    Hanson Guest

    "hanson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:...
    > "Repeating Rifle" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:BC720B75.FA37%[email protected]...
    > > in article
    > > [email protected]thlink.net,
    > > hanson at [email protected] wrote on 3/8/04 7:32 AM:
    > >
    > > > (1) Some Annual causes of death in the US: Adverse
    > > > Drug Reactions ~120,000, compare to: Automobile
    > > > Accidents 39,325 Food Contamination 9,100
    > > >
    > > > (1) In 2000 there was a doctors strike in Israel. The
    > > > death rate has fallen so sharply during the strike
    > > > that the Israeli funeral parlors and burial
    > > > associations are complaining.
    > >
    > > In some cases, staying alive can be a worse fate than
    > > death. I am facing something like that right now. My
    > > guess is that that is whay so many people suffering from
    > > depression commit suicide.
    > >
    > > I am going to have an operation to relieve
    > > hydrocephalus. I am willing to take my chances with the
    > > surgery. Before what I believe to be the correct
    > > diagnosis, I was diagnosed with depression. At times it
    > > feels that life would be better after death.
    > >
    > > While I can sit at my computer and type away without
    > > worrying greatly about whether I make mistakes, as soon
    > > as I try physical activity or analytical thinking, I
    > > have problems. Bill
    > >
    > Hey, Bill, that truely sucks, dude. Have my sincerest,
    > heart felt, best wishes for an uneventful surgery and a
    > speed recovery. I hope that everything will turn out to
    > *your* satisfaction. Now, keep us posted about your
    > situation. There may be posters here that are/have
    > suffered form the same or similar malady and they may have
    > good first hand advice for you. Take care, Bill. hanson

    An encore, Bill: You say: "I was diagnosed with
    depression". Yo, Bill, have they loaded you up with Anti-
    inflammatory, steroid- and Nsaids, especially the
    Prednisone type? If so (and generally anyway), go check the
    web and the use net what experiences are posted about the
    medications the quacks give you, before you swallow the
    first pill. There's more than a 50/50 chance that your
    depression maybe a result from the medications and not from
    your condition. Some of the med-leaflets casually mention
    it by saying in the tiny, fine-print: "May cause
    psychiatric side effects" -- Good luck, dude.

  6. Anon

    Anon Guest

    > Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one
    > doctor. Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
    > We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand. As a
    > public health measure, I have withheld the statistics on
    > lawyers, for fear that the shock could cause people to
    > seek medical aid. However, you may want to to get a gun
    > for yourself...just in case you see a doctor approaching.

    This is, of course, complete and utter bullshit. However, if
    you really believe it, just don't go to a doctor. Ever. I,
    for one, won't be missing you.

  7. Mark Tarka

    Mark Tarka Guest

    "hanson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > (1) Some Annual causes of death in the US: Adverse Drug
    > Reactions ~120,000, compare to: Automobile Accidents
    > 39,325 Food Contamination 9,100
    [snip....]

    Google this: iatrogenic

    And this: "morbidity and mortality"

    As I saw it, 50K to 100K people a year in the USA die as a
    result of "medical mistakes": http://www.kaisernetwork.org/-
    health_cast/uploaded_files/she052401.pdf Or was that a bit
    more: http://www.garynull.com/documents/iatrogenic/deathbym-
    edicine/DeathByMedicine.pdf

    But when a foreign dictator kills off undesirable elements
    within his country using WMD supplied by the USA ... whooo
    wheee ... it's election time and the issue is liberating
    Muslim women, uh, I mean, homeland security.

    Mark (... state function....)

  8. Uncle Al

    Uncle Al Guest

    Repeating Rifle wrote: [snip]

    > I am going to have an operation to relieve hydrocephalus.
    > I am willing to take my chances with the surgery. Before
    > what I believe to be the correct diagnosis, I was
    > diagnosed with depression. At times it feels that life
    > would be better after death.

    [snip]

    It's no biggie. They implant a little silicone shunt with a
    pressure valve that drains excess CNS into your lymph
    system. It's done routinely in hydrocephalic kids and in the
    elderly who are wearing out but still have lots of health
    insurance to plunder. If you get massive headaches they may
    have set the pressure too low.

    Get a surgeon who has done lots of procedures. Ride your
    pain meds while in the hospital, then knock it off ASAP
    after release. Fun is fun, and addiction is something else.

    --
    Uncle Al http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/ (Toxic URL! Unsafe
    for children and most mammals) "Quis custodiet ipsos

  9. Steve Turner

    Steve Turner Guest

    Repeating Rifle <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In some cases, staying alive can be a worse fate than
    >death. I am facing something like that right now. My guess
    >is that that is whay so many people suffering from
    >depression commit suicide.
    >
    >I am going to have an operation to relieve hydrocephalus. I
    >am willing to take my chances with the surgery. Before what
    >I believe to be the correct diagnosis, I was diagnosed with
    >depression. At times it feels that life would be better
    >after death.
    >
    >While I can sit at my computer and type away without
    >worrying greatly about whether I make mistakes, as soon as
    >I try physical activity or analytical thinking, I have
    >problems.

    Bill,

    Best wishes for an uneventful procedure and a quick and
    full recovery.

    Don't even THINK about nasty alternatives ... we need
    you here too much. You're one of only a half-dozen or so
    who post interesting things (lucid and not homework) to
    these NGs.

    Keep on plugging. Get well soon. Please.

    Steve Turner

  10. Anon

    Anon Guest

    On 2004-03-08 20:03:47 -0500, [email protected] (Mark Tarka) said:

    > "hanson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<_l03c.-
    > [email protected]>...
    >> (1) Some Annual causes of death in the US: Adverse Drug
    >> Reactions ~120,000, compare to: Automobile Accidents
    >> 39,325 Food Contamination 9,100
    > [snip....]
    >
    > Google this: iatrogenic
    >
    > And this: "morbidity and mortality"
    >
    > As I saw it, 50K to 100K people a year in the USA die as a
    > result of "medical mistakes":

    Maybe the real problem is that really can decide on the
    definition of "mistake."

    Try walking a mile in *my* shoes, bud. I dare you.

  11. in article [email protected], hanson at

    > Hey, Bill, that truely sucks, dude. Have my sincerest,
    > heart felt, best wishes for an uneventful surgery and a
    > speed recovery. I hope that everything will turn out to
    > *your* satisfaction. Now, keep us posted about your
    > situation. There may be posters here that are/have
    > suffered form the same or similar malady and they may have
    > good first hand advice for you. Take care, Bill. hanson

    I appreciate your concern. From what I zsee, I think that
    hydrocephalus is underdiagnosed. In this area, I have seen
    many old people, now dead, walk around as if they are
    walking on flypaper resulting in sticking feet. Although
    that bothers me, the worst part is not being able to do the
    simplie arithmetic and logic to fill out my income tax form
    last year and this year as well. This also means that
    scientific calculation is very difficult.

    Bill

  12. Pf Riley

    Pf Riley Guest

    On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:12:44 GMT, "hanson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Repeating Rifle" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >message news:BC720B75.FA37%[email protected]...
    >>
    >> I am going to have an operation to relieve hydrocephalus.
    >> I am willing to take my chances with the surgery. Before
    >> what I believe to be the correct diagnosis, I was
    >> diagnosed with depression. At times it feels that life
    >> would be better after death.
    >>
    >> While I can sit at my computer and type away without
    >> worrying greatly about whether I make mistakes, as soon
    >> as I try physical activity or analytical thinking, I have
    >> problems. Bill
    >>
    >Hey, Bill, that truely sucks, dude. Have my sincerest,
    >heart felt, best wishes for an uneventful surgery and a
    >speed recovery. I hope that everything will turn out to
    >*your* satisfaction. Now, keep us posted about your
    >situation.

    Now, "hanson," why didn't you advise him to skip the
    operation and avoid doctors at all costs? Or would you
    rather admit you're just spewing bullshit?

    PF

  13. Hanson

    Hanson Guest

    "PF Riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >hanson" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"Repeating Rifle" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >message news:BC720B75.FA37%[email protected]...
    > >> I am going to have an operation to relieve
    > >> hydrocephalus. I am willing to take my chances with the
    > >> surgery. Before what I believe to be the correct
    > >> diagnosis, I was diagnosed with depression. At times it
    > >> feels that life would be better after death.
    > >>
    > >> While I can sit at my computer and type away without
    > >> worrying greatly about whether I make mistakes, as soon
    > >> as I try physical activity or analytical thinking, I
    > >> have problems. Bill
    > >>
    > >Hey, Bill, that truely sucks, dude. Have my sincerest,
    > >heart felt, best wishes for an uneventful surgery and a
    > >speed recovery. I hope that everything will turn out to
    > >*your* satisfaction. Now, keep us posted about your
    > >situation.
    >
    > Now, "hanson," why didn't you advise him to skip the
    > operation and avoid doctors at all costs? Or would you
    > rather admit you're just spewing bullshit? PF

    ahahahaha...What exactly cranks you and why should I, Reily?
    You seem to have not hydro-, but big time ethanolocephalus.
    Go to bed........ahahahaha.....ahahaha......ahahahanson

  14. Pf Riley

    Pf Riley Guest

    On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 06:32:28 GMT, "hanson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"PF Riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >>hanson" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hey, Bill, that truely sucks, dude. Have my sincerest,
    >> >heart felt, best wishes for an uneventful surgery and a
    >> >speed recovery. I hope that everything will turn out to
    >> >*your* satisfaction. Now, keep us posted about your
    >> >situation.
    >>
    >> Now, "hanson," why didn't you advise him to skip the
    >> operation and avoid doctors at all costs? Or would you
    >> rather admit you're just spewing bullshit? PF
    >>
    >ahahahaha...What exactly cranks you and why should I,
    >Reily? You seem to have not hydro-, but big time
    >ethanolocephalus. Go to
    >bed........ahahahaha.....ahahaha......ahahahanson

    Uh, idiot, because at the beginning of this thread you
    claimed that doctors kill people, declared that we must "ban
    doctors," and suggested shooting doctors who come near you.
    Then you do an about face and give your best wishes to
    someone about to undergo surgery.

    You're a moron. As they say, "Everyone hates lawyers until
    they need one." Same goes for doctors, too, for you at
    least, I guess.

    PF

  15. Hanson

    Hanson Guest

    "PF Riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message \
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 06:32:28 GMT, "hanson"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"PF Riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...

    > >> Now, "hanson," why didn't you advise him to skip the
    > >> operation and avoid doctors at all costs? Or would you
    > >> rather admit you're just spewing bullshit? PF
    > >>
    > >ahahahaha...What exactly cranks you and why should I,
    > >Reily? You seem to have not hydro-, but big time
    > >ethanolocephalus. Go to
    > >bed........ahahahaha.....ahahaha......ahahahanson
    >
    > Uh, idiot, because at the beginning of this thread you
    > claimed that doctors kill people, declared that we must
    > "ban doctors," and suggested shooting doctors who come
    > near you. Then you do an about face and give your best
    > wishes to someone about to undergo surgery. You're a
    > moron. As they say, "Everyone hates lawyers until they
    > need one." Same goes for doctors, too, for you at least, I
    > guess. PF

    ......ahahaha.........so, you had your fill again, Riley,
    and I riled you up again. Yeah, it is known that when
    people get gassed, like you are, they do become
    hypersensitive, like you are. So, my dear daily binger
    Riley, I can't help it if you read things into a post that
    you do not quite understand & much less comprehend. But
    perhaps a reduction in your daily EtOH consumption will
    lessen the impact and consequences of your
    ethanolocephalitic condition. *** The EtOH-Lord may bless
    you and shine upon you, Riley*** Go to bed now, patient
    Riley........ahahahaha.....ahahaha...... hanson, Samaritan,
    administering to spirituosely impaired souls.

  16. On Strike

    On Strike Guest

    >> (1) In 2000 there was a doctors strike in Israel. The
    >> death rate has fallen so sharply during the strike
    >> that the Israeli funeral parlors and burial
    >> associations are complaining.
    >>
    >> (2) Whenever medical doctors go on strike, a most
    >> interesting phenomenon occurs - death rates go down!

    [...]
    > What I would like to see is a breakdown of the mortality
    > causes before, during, and after the doctors' strikes.

    Indeed, although I don't like to see medical incompetence
    covered up or protected, hanson's original statistics and
    stories leave out a few details.

    When docs are on strike, elective - which aren't always safe
    - surgeries on sick and healthy patients are delayed or
    moved to another venue so they die from the liposuction on
    somebody else's turf.

    When there are emergencies, ambulances are directed to
    alternative facilities so patients die at somebody
    else's ER.

    Although I can't think of an actual recent example, I've
    read about some places making plans to move high risk
    patients to other hospitals in the event of a strike. Move
    your ICU to another hospital and they become somebody else's
    statistic.

    When all you're left with are scraped knees and telling
    people to go someplace else or come back when the strike is
    over, your stats improve.

    Without knowing how the original stats were assembled, I
    don't know which, if any, of the above apply.

    And to Repeating Rifle, Good luck with whatever treatment
    you choose. I hope you get better soon.

    --
    Sent by xanadoof from yahoo part from com This is a spam
    protected message. Please answer with reference header.

  17. Mark Folsom

    Mark Folsom Guest

    "hanson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > (1) Some Annual causes of death in the US: Adverse Drug
    > Reactions ~120,000, compare to: Automobile Accidents
    > 39,325 Food Contamination 9,100

    Heart disease 709,894 Cancer 551,833 Cerebrovascular 166,028
    Pulmonary 123,550

    Maybe going to a doctor still has some redeeming value.

    Mark Folsom

  18. What I would like to see is a breakdown of the mortality
    causes before, during, and after the doctors' strikes. I
    have no doubt that some doctors are truly dangerous to their
    patients. On the other hand, it is not clear to me if what
    is being shown is the risks of treatment showing up earlier
    than they would without intervention.

    In my case, and I am not seeking sympathy, I could avoid
    iatrogenic risk by not seeking treatment. That woujld make
    doctors look better but I would be more miserable.

    Put it another way. If you could live forever, but you would
    have to spend all your time while not eating, sleeping, or
    the like driving through city rush hour traaffic, what would
    you choose?

    Bill

  19. Hanson

    Hanson Guest

    "On Strike" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]
    229.biochem.brandeis.edu... [hanson]
    > >> (1) In 2000 there was a doctors strike in Israel. The
    > >> death rate has fallen so sharply during the strike
    > >> that the Israeli funeral parlors and burial
    > >> associations are complaining.
    > >>
    > >> (2) Whenever medical doctors go on strike, a most
    > >> interesting phenomenon occurs - death rates go
    > >> down!
    > >
    > [...]

    [some poster]
    > > What I would like to see is a breakdown of the mortality
    > > , causes before during, and after the doctors' strikes.

    [On strike]
    > Indeed, although I don't like to see medical incompetence
    > covered up or protected, hanson's original statistics and
    > stories leave out a few details.

    [hanson] "a few" ?.........A lot of very pertinent data was
    left out. I didn't even put the data together myself. This
    was all old reposted stuff. I started this post to make a
    point and not to have a clinical safety discussion over the
    current state of the art of medicine.

    The point is: THAT THIS IS HOW MEDICINE IS PERCEIVED BY THE
    PUBLIC THESE DAYS: --> Very high cost, yet no assurance of
    getting guaranteed care, much less one's health back. Hell,
    Drs. can't even cure the common cold. All we "potential
    patients" see are the Drs. BMW's in the parking lot and
    every 2nd day a promo on TV about the miracles of medicine
    separating twins born with deformities, or reports of
    phantastic recoveries from battle field wounds, yet when we
    run to the doctors with an allergy they are doing good old
    guess work, ....lost .....sheesh.. I must have struck a
    nerve somewhere. I gotta do more of
    this....ahahahahah.........ahahahaha.......ahahahanson

    [On strike]