Dodge Tour de Georgia preview questions.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Chumpion, Apr 18, 2003.

  1. Hey,

    1) Will Rabo/Nav/USPS Euros spank Saturn like PDM/Panasonic/7-11 did the US amateurs in first
    Tour de Trump?

    2) Who will be the first moron to attack in a feed zone?

    3) Is it true a '69 Dodge Charger is the lead vehicle?

    4) Who will be the highest placed rider in the Athens Crit on Saturday that had dropped out
    of the TdG?

    5) Is anyone planning on coming out to the races?

    6) Can I see it all on OLN?

    Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

    Tags:

  2. Pista-1

    Pista-1 Guest

    1. Don't underestimate Saturn.
    2.davidsommerville.com
    3.No. The General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard will be the pace car.
    4.I think the U.S.Crit-dog Pros at Twilight will spank anyone that drops out of TdG.
    5.Local yokels.
    6.Please post the OLN coverage dates.

    Can't Wait!!!!!!

    ronde chumpion wrote:

    > Hey,
    >
    > 1) Will Rabo/Nav/USPS Euros spank Saturn like PDM/Panasonic/7-11 did the US amateurs in first
    > Tour de Trump?
    >
    > 2) Who will be the first moron to attack in a feed zone?
    >
    > 3) Is it true a '69 Dodge Charger is the lead vehicle?
    >
    > 4) Who will be the highest placed rider in the Athens Crit on Saturday that had dropped out of
    > the TdG?
    >
    > 5) Is anyone planning on coming out to the races?
    >
    > 6) Can I see it all on OLN?
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

  3. John Lieswyn

    John Lieswyn Guest

    1. I've done DuPont and raced in Europe, and been on the receiving end of this year's Saturn team
    domination. They are the team to beat, and I think it will take all three of those teams riding
    together to even have a chance. My prediction, and I hope I'm wrong.

    John Lieswyn

    "pista-1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 1. Don't underestimate Saturn.
    > 2.davidsommerville.com
    > 3.No. The General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard will be the pace car.
    > 4.I think the U.S.Crit-dog Pros at Twilight will spank anyone that drops out of TdG.
    > 5.Local yokels.
    > 6.Please post the OLN coverage dates.
    >
    > Can't Wait!!!!!!
    >

    > ronde chumpion wrote:
    >
    > > Hey,
    > >
    > > 1) Will Rabo/Nav/USPS Euros spank Saturn like PDM/Panasonic/7-11 did the US amateurs in first
    > > Tour de Trump?
    > >
    > > 2) Who will be the first moron to attack in a feed zone?
    > >
    > > 3) Is it true a '69 Dodge Charger is the lead vehicle?
    > >
    > > 4) Who will be the highest placed rider in the Athens Crit on Saturday that had dropped out of
    > > the TdG?
    > >
    > > 5) Is anyone planning on coming out to the races?
    > >
    > > 6) Can I see it all on OLN?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

  4. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 05:21:32 GMT, "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >1. I've done DuPont and raced in Europe, and been on the receiving end of this year's Saturn team
    > domination. They are the team to beat, and I think it will take all three of those teams riding
    > together to even have a chance. My prediction, and I hope I'm wrong. John Lieswyn

    It would be nice to see some other teams open up an extra large can of whup-ass on Saturn. If they
    continue to dominate the races as they are, interest is going to wane pretty quickly. I think back
    to McLaren's utter domination of F1 racing back in the 80-90's. The outcome of the races became so
    unpredictable that TV viewership of F1 plummeted (not that there's huge TV coverage here of cycling,
    but you get my drift).

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  5. "Ronde Chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 05:21:32 GMT, "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >1. I've done DuPont and raced in Europe, and been on the receiving end of this year's Saturn team
    > > domination. They are the team to beat, and I
    think
    > >it will take all three of those teams riding together to even have a
    chance.
    > >My prediction, and I hope I'm wrong. John Lieswyn
    >
    > It would be nice to see some other teams open up an extra large can of whup-ass on Saturn.

    Did you read what JL wrote?

    The other racers have been saying the same thing.

    As for ronde_chumpion's initital question:

    >1) Will Rabo/Nav/USPS Euros spank Saturn like PDM/Panasonic/7-11 did the US amateurs in first Tour
    > de Trump?

    Anyone who has been paying attention has noticed that the Euro teams are coming over here and not
    doing much for the last 3 or 4 years. We've caught up. They can't send B teams here and expect to
    get results.

    > If they continue to dominate the races as they are, interest is going to wane pretty quickly.

    Does anyone but the die-hard fans know the difference?

    I don't think so.