Dodgy ebay?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by dtmeister, Apr 11, 2006.

  1. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

    Remember those nasty "NEW ROAD BIKE RACER BICYCLE MOUNTAIN" shockers
    we've made fun of in the past? Was doing a search on ebay and they
    always come up if you search for anything vaguely related to road bikes.

    This was interesting :

    http://tinyurl.com/ezlkj

    All at $430, all with the same high bidder, who is new...If you look
    through the bid histories on some of these examples, most tend to be by
    new members, or members with very low to nil history. Smells fishy to me..

    ps. Nice looking older steel Colnago in that list for someone in Sydney..

    --
    ..dt

    Tags:

  2. dtmeister wrote:
    > Remember those nasty "NEW ROAD BIKE RACER BICYCLE MOUNTAIN" shockers
    > we've made fun of in the past? Was doing a search on ebay and they
    > always come up if you search for anything vaguely related to road bikes.
    >
    > This was interesting :
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ezlkj
    >
    > All at $430, all with the same high bidder, who is new...If you look
    > through the bid histories on some of these examples, most tend to be by
    > new members, or members with very low to nil history. Smells fishy to me..

    1) collect the auction numbers and dob them into ebay.

    or

    2) Put in a winning bid and insist on collecting them in person.

  3. SuzieB

    SuzieB New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2005
    Hmmm, that's a nice looking frame.

    Did you notice the Joke letters? http://tinyurl.com/prrwd
    hohoho :p

  4. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

    SuzieB <[email protected]> wrote:

    > dtmeister Wrote:
    >>

    >> ps. Nice looking older steel Colnago in that list for someone in
    >> Sydney..
    >>
    >> --
    >> ..dt

    > Hmmm, that's a nice looking frame.

    Yeah, I'd bid if I was in Sydney - looks my size too. :(

    > Did you notice the Joke letters? http://tinyurl.com/prrwd
    > hohoho :p

    :) That'd probably wind me up if I got one. Bastards!

    --
    ..dt

  5. dtmeister wrote:
    > Remember those nasty "NEW ROAD BIKE RACER BICYCLE MOUNTAIN" shockers
    > we've made fun of in the past? Was doing a search on ebay and they
    > always come up if you search for anything vaguely related to road bikes.
    >
    > This was interesting :
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ezlkj
    >
    > All at $430, all with the same high bidder, who is new...If you look
    > through the bid histories on some of these examples, most tend to be by
    > new members, or members with very low to nil history. Smells fishy to me..
    >
    > ps. Nice looking older steel Colnago in that list for someone in Sydney..
    >
    > --
    > .dt

    I have my doubts about that "Colnago". It looks a lot like a cheap
    steel frame with Colnago stickers.

    Bruce.

  6. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    I agree, they look too neat and newish for an older 8 speed like that, could be a badge engineered col(malvernstar)nago, and the Columbus sticker peaking out looks way to surreal !!

    I sent the seller a question of: "Please advise: Tubeset, length of Top Tube, Length of Seat tube, length of chainstay, length of stem, width of handle bars, angle of seat stay "

    No Reply yet, unlikely to know what a tubeset is anyway...