Dodgy ebay?

dtmeister

Guest
Remember those nasty "NEW ROAD BIKE RACER BICYCLE MOUNTAIN" shockers
we've made fun of in the past? Was doing a search on ebay and they
always come up if you search for anything vaguely related to road bikes.

This was interesting :

http://tinyurl.com/ezlkj

All at $430, all with the same high bidder, who is new...If you look
through the bid histories on some of these examples, most tend to be by
new members, or members with very low to nil history. Smells fishy to me..

ps. Nice looking older steel Colnago in that list for someone in Sydney..

--
..dt

dtmeister wrote:
> Remember those nasty "NEW ROAD BIKE RACER BICYCLE MOUNTAIN" shockers
> we've made fun of in the past? Was doing a search on ebay and they
> always come up if you search for anything vaguely related to road bikes.
>
> This was interesting :
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ezlkj
>
> All at $430, all with the same high bidder, who is new...If you look
> through the bid histories on some of these examples, most tend to be by
> new members, or members with very low to nil history. Smells fishy to me..

1) collect the auction numbers and dob them into ebay.

or

2) Put in a winning bid and insist on collecting them in person.

SuzieB <[email protected]> wrote:

> dtmeister Wrote:
>>

>> ps. Nice looking older steel Colnago in that list for someone in
>> Sydney..
>>
>> --
>> ..dt

> Hmmm, that's a nice looking frame.

Yeah, I'd bid if I was in Sydney - looks my size too. :(

> Did you notice the Joke letters? http://tinyurl.com/prrwd
> hohoho :p

:) That'd probably wind me up if I got one. Bastards!

--
..dt

dtmeister wrote:
> Remember those nasty "NEW ROAD BIKE RACER BICYCLE MOUNTAIN" shockers
> we've made fun of in the past? Was doing a search on ebay and they
> always come up if you search for anything vaguely related to road bikes.
>
> This was interesting :
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ezlkj
>
> All at $430, all with the same high bidder, who is new...If you look
> through the bid histories on some of these examples, most tend to be by
> new members, or members with very low to nil history. Smells fishy to me..
>
> ps. Nice looking older steel Colnago in that list for someone in Sydney..
>
> --
> .dt

I have my doubts about that "Colnago". It looks a lot like a cheap
steel frame with Colnago stickers.

Bruce.

Bruce Dickson said:
dtmeister wrote:
> Remember those nasty "NEW ROAD BIKE RACER BICYCLE MOUNTAIN" shockers
> we've made fun of in the past? Was doing a search on ebay and they
> always come up if you search for anything vaguely related to road bikes.
>
> This was interesting :
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ezlkj
>
> All at $430, all with the same high bidder, who is new...If you look
> through the bid histories on some of these examples, most tend to be by
> new members, or members with very low to nil history. Smells fishy to me..
>
> ps. Nice looking older steel Colnago in that list for someone in Sydney..
>
> --
> .dt

I have my doubts about that "Colnago". It looks a lot like a cheap
steel frame with Colnago stickers.

Bruce.
I agree, they look too neat and newish for an older 8 speed like that, could be a badge engineered col(malvernstar)nago, and the Columbus sticker peaking out looks way to surreal !!

I sent the seller a question of: "Please advise: Tubeset, length of Top Tube, Length of Seat tube, length of chainstay, length of stem, width of handle bars, angle of seat stay "

No Reply yet, unlikely to know what a tubeset is anyway...