Dodgy Race Tactics

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
Does anyone here have any really dodgy race tactics which I may be able to implement during the showdown between Abby and myself tomorrow?

How can I knock him off the bike without too high a risk of injury for myself?

Dutchy? Hippy? Anyone???

Cheers,
LotteBum (the mindgames between Abby and myself started at 1535 hours AEST yesterday and shall continue)

I find crashing recklessly REALLY puts them off their game :rolleyes:

PileHigher tried this manouvre from behind and apparently it didnt work!

pick the biggest person in the bunch (the one who will give you the best shelter) and stick on that wheel. DONT be in the back third of the field on the slower corners

and last but not least, spike his waterbottle night before race :D

Let the games begin

Dutchy wrote:

I find crashing recklessly REALLY puts them off their game :rolleyes:

Like I said, I want to hurt HIM, not me.

pick the biggest person in the bunch (the one who will give you the best shelter) and stick on that wheel.

That'd be Abby.

DONT be in the back third of the field on the slower corners

Now, I don't even anticipate that I will still be with the bunch after the first corner... so that's just not going to help.

and last but not least, spike his waterbottle night before race :D

Passionpop!

LotteBum

LotteBum wrote:

> Dutchy wrote:
>
> I find crashing recklessly REALLY puts them off their game :rolleyes:
>
> Like I said, I want to hurt HIM, not me.
>
> pick the biggest person in the bunch (the one who will give you the
> best shelter) and stick on that wheel.
>
> That'd be Abby.
>
> DONT be in the back third of the field on the slower corners
>
> Now, I don't even anticipate that I will still be with the bunch after
> the first corner... so that's just not going to help.
>
> and last but not least, spike his waterbottle night before race :D
>
> Passionpop!
>
> LotteBum

In light of Paulie's comments yesterday... I reckon AB will be a
more-than-willing leadout man...

.... Abby? ...

hehehe

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
LotteBum wrote:

> Dutchy wrote:
>
> I find crashing recklessly REALLY puts them off their game :rolleyes:
>
> Like I said, I want to hurt HIM, not me.
>
> pick the biggest person in the bunch (the one who will give you the
> best shelter) and stick on that wheel.
>
> That'd be Abby.
>
> DONT be in the back third of the field on the slower corners
>
> Now, I don't even anticipate that I will still be with the bunch after
> the first corner... so that's just not going to help.
>
> and last but not least, spike his waterbottle night before race :D
>
> Passionpop!
>
> LotteBum

In light of Paulie's comments yesterday... I reckon AB will be a
more-than-willing leadout man...

.... Abby? ...

hehehe

Tam
smack their wheel as you go past and say "gee that doesnt sound good....". then attack when they look back.

LotteBum said:
Does anyone here have any really dodgy race tactics which I may be able to implement during the showdown between Abby and myself tomorrow?

How can I knock him off the bike without too high a risk of injury for myself?

Dutchy? Hippy? Anyone???

Cheers,
LotteBum (the mindgames between Abby and myself started at 1535 hours AEST yesterday and shall continue)

But isn't he reading this?

Anyway here's a few:
Wait until just before the start and then look at his bike and say something like:
"hey you better take off that light/pump/toolbag/doohickey! You're not allowed to race with that!"

"hey abby, your number is on the wrong side/upside down/wrong colour, quick fix it up!"

as you are rolling off:
"did you know you're back wheel is rubbing on your chainstay?" or "your back brake is rubbing"

3 laps to go:
"go go go! this is the last lap!"

Ad (dastardly racer) am

Adam85 wrote:

But isn't he reading this?

Ssssh!! This is part of my game!

"hey you better take off that light/pump/toolbag/doohickey! You're not allowed to race with that!"

I don't think he carries a pump. His commute is only 10km. Even if he punctured outside his work, he could walk home almost as quick as he rides. *snigger*

"hey abby, your number is on the wrong side/upside down/wrong colour, quick fix it up!"

But it wouldn't be - he'd get his wife to do it! And you, of all people, should know that Wifey IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

as you are rolling off:
"did you know you're back wheel is rubbing on your chainstay?" or "your back brake is rubbing"

Taking notes.

3 laps to go:
"go go go! this is the last lap!"

Taking notes.

Thanks for that.

LotteBum

LotteBum wrote:

> Adam85 wrote:
>
> But isn't he reading this?
>
> Ssssh!! This is part of my game!
>
> "hey you better take off that light/pump/toolbag/doohickey! You're not
> allowed to race with that!"
>
> I don't think he carries a pump. His commute is only 10km. Even if
> he punctured outside his work, he could walk home almost as quick as he
> rides. *snigger*

hehehe but he does carry a pump, it's for self-defence. Like Lotte's
shotty!

> "hey abby, your number is on the wrong side/upside down/wrong colour,
> quick fix it up!"
>
> But it wouldn't be - he'd get his wife to do it! And you, of all
> people, should know that Wifey IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Nah he got me to do it.

> as you are rolling off:
> "did you know you're back wheel is rubbing on your chainstay?" or "your
> back brake is rubbing"
>
> Taking notes.

So what's new? He'll just be happy if nothing's audibly creaking or
groaning.

> 3 laps to go:
> "go go go! this is the last lap!"
>
> Taking notes.

Hehehehe that only works for hippy.

Tam

PS thanks for the blog comment, you drunken scrubber

LotteBum said:
But it wouldn't be - he'd get his wife to do it! And you, of all people, should know that Wifey IS ALWAYS RIGHT.
LotteBum

Don't count on it. I was wondering why there was someone else with number 6 in one of my races :) I do my own now! Good luck tomorrow guys.

Adam

">>pick the biggest person in the bunch (the one who will give you the
>>best shelter) and stick on that wheel.

That'd be Abby. "

<snip>

You are such a b#tch!!!

My other half is already makingnoises about sleeping in Saturday
morning. So that means I have no need to race ethically, as my kids
won't be there to witness any of my actions...

We might rename the 8am race "Cat Rollerball"...

I'll be watching one of the kids' "Wacky Racers" videos for inspiration
tonight.

Abby

"So what's new? He'll just be happy if nothing's audibly creaking or
groaning. "

<snip>

I've just discovered that my bike is operating under a "Conservation of
Squeaks" law...

I fixed my pedal squeak, then a brake squeal started.

So I fixed that, then a seat post/saddle rail squeak started.

So I fixed that the other night, then the rear brake started again...

I might fill my bath with lube and just drop the whole @#$% bike in
it!!

Abby (who longs for the sounds of silence...)

Absent Husband wrote:
<snip>
> I might fill my bath with lube and just drop the whole @#$% bike in
> it!!

<snip>

Dude, I don't want to know what you and the Mrs get up to.

Tam

Absent Husband wrote:
> "So what's new? He'll just be happy if nothing's audibly creaking or
> groaning. "
>
> <snip>
>
> I've just discovered that my bike is operating under a "Conservation of
> Squeaks" law...
>
> I fixed my pedal squeak, then a brake squeal started.
>
> So I fixed that, then a seat post/saddle rail squeak started.
>
> So I fixed that the other night, then the rear brake started again...
>
> I might fill my bath with lube and just drop the whole @#$% bike in
> it!!
>
> Abby (who longs for the sounds of silence...)

Squeaks are like energy - the can't be created or destroyed, they just
change from one form to another :)

--
Nick

Absent Husband said:
">>pick the biggest person in the bunch (the one who will give you the
>>best shelter) and stick on that wheel.

That'd be Abby. "

<snip>

You are such a b#tch!!!

My other half is already makingnoises about sleeping in Saturday
morning. So that means I have no need to race ethically, as my kids
won't be there to witness any of my actions...

We might rename the 8am race "Cat Rollerball"...

I'll be watching one of the kids' "Wacky Racers" videos for inspiration
tonight.

Abby

What is "race ethically"? Seems like a contradiction to me...

Seriously though, Bleve's advice is best - try to gap your opponent off the back of the bunch. The other one is to miscount laps...

Causing an accident at speed is probably the worst possible advice!

Ritch

Tamyka Bell said:
LotteBum wrote:
> 3 laps to go:
> "go go go! this is the last lap!"

Hehehehe that only works for hippy.

No it doesn´t. I manage to screw lap counting up all by myself!

Actually, races are fine because they have my fave race invention - the lap board (assuming they use it properly!).

Gutters were made for this kind of thing.. just move him into one.. ;)

Hey Carl, I actually know what you are talking about for once haha.. I´ve been using "gapping" when battling the "Ma and Pa bunches" doing their shopping in NL.. ;)

When you see he is suffering, ride past and make like you not even working.. that´s a fun psych-out I liked to use..

Ride near him and keep calling out "up up up!!!" to get him to chase the phantom attacker..

Offer to buy him a Snickers if he loses (well I´d lose for a Snickers haha :p)

hippy
- now in Germany

hippy said:
Offer to buy him a Snickers if he loses (well I´d lose for a Snickers haha :p)

you didn't hear of all snickers, and mars, being pulled of the shelves?

aeek said:
you didn't hear of all snickers, and mars, being pulled of the shelves?

I ate two Snickers during today´s soggy2sunburn ride.. so, um, no I didn´t hear about that.

hippy
- struggling with ze german keyboards