Does a rear disc hub w camp body exist



T

Tony

Guest
Hi

Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?

Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

/Tony

--
// Tony
// th(at)myob.se
 
P

Phil, Squid-in-Training

Guest
Tony wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
>
> Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.
>
> /Tony


Look into a Hugi 240s Shimano disc hub, and you may be able to interchange
their Campy freehub body with the Shimano freehub body on that. I'm not
sure if that involves an axle switch though.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training
 
J

Jasper Janssen

Guest
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:56 +0100, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:

>Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
>
>Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.


You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

Jasper
 
T

Tony

Guest
Thanx

Will probably work, but it's a little to expensive for an experiment :)


In article <[email protected]>, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Tony wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
> >
> > Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.
> >
> > /Tony

>
> Look into a Hugi 240s Shimano disc hub, and you may be able to interchange
> their Campy freehub body with the Shimano freehub body on that. I'm not
> sure if that involves an axle switch though.


--
// Tony
// th(at)myob.se
 
T

Tony

Guest
Yep ... but I can't find some travel-agent that converts camp -> shim cog
spacing

Any one know if there exit's camp -> shimano travel converter ?

T


In article <[email protected]>, Jasper Janssen
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:56 +0100, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:
>
> >Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
> >
> >Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

>
> You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
> an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.
>
> Jasper


--
// Tony
// th(at)myob.se
 
A

A Muzi

Guest
> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:56 +0100, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:
>>Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
>>Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.


Jasper Janssen wrote:
> You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
> an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.


Yes, or a Shimano/Phil/Whatever disc hub with an American
Classic Campagnolo-spaced cassette.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
 
J

Jasper Janssen

Guest
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:33:20 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:56 +0100, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:
>>>Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
>>>Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

>
>Jasper Janssen wrote:
>> You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
>> an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

>
>Yes, or a Shimano/Phil/Whatever disc hub with an American
>Classic Campagnolo-spaced cassette.


Better yet would be a set of spacers that converts a loose-cog Shimano
cassette to Campy spacing -- only once a special purchase.

But actually, there are reports that a Shimano cassette with a Campy
system shifts acceptably to good without any tricks whatsoever.

Jasper
 
R

Ryan Cousineau

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
Jasper Janssen <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:33:20 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:56 +0100, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:
> >>>Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
> >>>Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

> >
> >Jasper Janssen wrote:
> >> You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
> >> an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

> >
> >Yes, or a Shimano/Phil/Whatever disc hub with an American
> >Classic Campagnolo-spaced cassette.

>
> Better yet would be a set of spacers that converts a loose-cog Shimano
> cassette to Campy spacing -- only once a special purchase.
>
> But actually, there are reports that a Shimano cassette with a Campy
> system shifts acceptably to good without any tricks whatsoever.
>
> Jasper


The hot setup is an old-version Campy 9 rear der combined with a
new-version Campy 9 shifter; this combo is a virtually perfect match
with a Shimano 9 cassette.

A season of racing and training on such a setup has borne this out, in
my experience.

--
Ryan Cousineau [email protected] http://www.wiredcola.com/
"I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos
 
J

Jasper Janssen

Guest
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:10:48 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

>The hot setup is an old-version Campy 9 rear der combined with a
>new-version Campy 9 shifter; this combo is a virtually perfect match
>with a Shimano 9 cassette.


Yup. The theoretical mismatch is something like .1 mm over the whole
cassette. That's way less than the inaccuracies inherent in simply
randomly differently clamped cable.

Jasper
 
D

dvt

Guest
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> The hot setup is an old-version Campy 9 rear der combined with a
> new-version Campy 9 shifter; this combo is a virtually perfect match
> with a Shimano 9 cassette.


No sir, you have it all wrong. ;^) The *really* hot setup is Campy
10-speed Ergos with all else being Shimano. That gives the ability to
run 8-speed Shimano cassettes *or* 9-speed Shimano cassettes after the
cable is rerouted. And the added advantage that all of this equipment is
still available new (as opposed to old Campy deraillers) and will
probably be available for a longer time than the 9-speed Campy stuff.

More than likely, the hot setup depends on which parts are available cheap.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu
 

Similar threads

B
Replies
4
Views
188
Cycling Equipment
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com
Q