Does a rear disc hub w camp body exist

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tony, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Hi

    Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?

    Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

    /Tony

    --
    // Tony
    // th(at)myob.se

    Tags:

  2. Tony wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
    >
    > Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.
    >
    > /Tony

    Look into a Hugi 240s Shimano disc hub, and you may be able to interchange
    their Campy freehub body with the Shimano freehub body on that. I'm not
    sure if that involves an axle switch though.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  3. On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:56 +0100, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:

    >Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
    >
    >Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

    You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
    an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

    Jasper

  4. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Thanx

    Will probably work, but it's a little to expensive for an experiment :)

    In article <[email protected]>, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Tony wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
    > >
    > > Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.
    > >
    > > /Tony

    > Look into a Hugi 240s Shimano disc hub, and you may be able to interchange
    > their Campy freehub body with the Shimano freehub body on that. I'm not
    > sure if that involves an axle switch though.

    --
    // Tony
    // th(at)myob.se

  5. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Yep ... but I can't find some travel-agent that converts camp -> shim cog
    spacing

    Any one know if there exit's camp -> shimano travel converter ?

    --
    // Tony
    // th(at)myob.se

  6. Robb Romans

    Robb Romans Guest

  7. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Jasper Janssen wrote:
    > You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
    > an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

    Yes, or a Shimano/Phil/Whatever disc hub with an American
    Classic Campagnolo-spaced cassette.

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

  8. On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:33:20 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:56 +0100, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:
    >>>Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
    >>>Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

    >Jasper Janssen wrote:
    >> You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
    >> an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

    >Yes, or a Shimano/Phil/Whatever disc hub with an American
    >Classic Campagnolo-spaced cassette.

    Better yet would be a set of spacers that converts a loose-cog Shimano
    cassette to Campy spacing -- only once a special purchase.

    But actually, there are reports that a Shimano cassette with a Campy
    system shifts acceptably to good without any tricks whatsoever.

    Jasper

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    Jasper Janssen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >Jasper Janssen wrote:
    > >> You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
    > >> an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

    > >Yes, or a Shimano/Phil/Whatever disc hub with an American
    > >Classic Campagnolo-spaced cassette.

    > Better yet would be a set of spacers that converts a loose-cog Shimano
    > cassette to Campy spacing -- only once a special purchase.
    >
    > But actually, there are reports that a Shimano cassette with a Campy
    > system shifts acceptably to good without any tricks whatsoever.
    >
    > Jasper

    The hot setup is an old-version Campy 9 rear der combined with a
    new-version Campy 9 shifter; this combo is a virtually perfect match
    with a Shimano 9 cassette.

    A season of racing and training on such a setup has borne this out, in
    my experience.

  10. On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:10:48 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The hot setup is an old-version Campy 9 rear der combined with a
    >new-version Campy 9 shifter; this combo is a virtually perfect match
    >with a Shimano 9 cassette.

    Yup. The theoretical mismatch is something like .1 mm over the whole
    cassette. That's way less than the inaccuracies inherent in simply
    randomly differently clamped cable.

    Jasper

  11. dvt

    dvt Guest

    Ryan Cousineau wrote:
    > The hot setup is an old-version Campy 9 rear der combined with a
    > new-version Campy 9 shifter; this combo is a virtually perfect match
    > with a Shimano 9 cassette.

    No sir, you have it all wrong. ;^) The *really* hot setup is Campy
    10-speed Ergos with all else being Shimano. That gives the ability to
    run 8-speed Shimano cassettes *or* 9-speed Shimano cassettes after the
    cable is rerouted. And the added advantage that all of this equipment is
    still available new (as opposed to old Campy deraillers) and will
    probably be available for a longer time than the 9-speed Campy stuff.

    More than likely, the hot setup depends on which parts are available cheap.

    --
    Dave
    dvt at psu dot edu