Does a rear disc hub w camp body exist

Tony

Guest
Hi

Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?

Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

/Tony

--
// Tony
// th(at)myob.se

Tony wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
>
> Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.
>
> /Tony

Look into a Hugi 240s Shimano disc hub, and you may be able to interchange
their Campy freehub body with the Shimano freehub body on that. I'm not
sure if that involves an axle switch though.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:56 +0100, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:

>Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
>
>Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

Jasper

Thanx

Will probably work, but it's a little to expensive for an experiment :)

In article <0lMgf.10213$mm5.4036@dukeread03>, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Tony wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
> >
> > Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.
> >
> > /Tony

> Look into a Hugi 240s Shimano disc hub, and you may be able to interchange
> their Campy freehub body with the Shimano freehub body on that. I'm not
> sure if that involves an axle switch though.

--
// Tony
// th(at)myob.se

Yep ... but I can't find some travel-agent that converts camp -> shim cog
spacing

Any one know if there exit's camp -> shimano travel converter ?

--
// Tony
// th(at)myob.se

Jasper Janssen wrote:
> You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
> an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

Yes, or a Shimano/Phil/Whatever disc hub with an American
Classic Campagnolo-spaced cassette.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:33:20 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:06:56 +0100, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:
>>>Does a rear disc-hub with campy body exits ?
>>>Mavic has a wheelset with that, little to expensive.

>Jasper Janssen wrote:
>> You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
>> an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

>Yes, or a Shimano/Phil/Whatever disc hub with an American
>Classic Campagnolo-spaced cassette.

Better yet would be a set of spacers that converts a loose-cog Shimano
cassette to Campy spacing -- only once a special purchase.

But actually, there are reports that a Shimano cassette with a Campy
system shifts acceptably to good without any tricks whatsoever.

Jasper

In article <[email protected]>,
Jasper Janssen <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Jasper Janssen wrote:
> >> You might do better to use a Shimano 9/10 cassette on a Shimano hub with
> >> an otherwise Campy system. Allegedly, that is a good combination.

> >Yes, or a Shimano/Phil/Whatever disc hub with an American
> >Classic Campagnolo-spaced cassette.

> Better yet would be a set of spacers that converts a loose-cog Shimano
> cassette to Campy spacing -- only once a special purchase.
>
> But actually, there are reports that a Shimano cassette with a Campy
> system shifts acceptably to good without any tricks whatsoever.
>
> Jasper

The hot setup is an old-version Campy 9 rear der combined with a
new-version Campy 9 shifter; this combo is a virtually perfect match
with a Shimano 9 cassette.

A season of racing and training on such a setup has borne this out, in
my experience.

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:10:48 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

>The hot setup is an old-version Campy 9 rear der combined with a
>new-version Campy 9 shifter; this combo is a virtually perfect match
>with a Shimano 9 cassette.

Yup. The theoretical mismatch is something like .1 mm over the whole
cassette. That's way less than the inaccuracies inherent in simply
randomly differently clamped cable.

Jasper

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> The hot setup is an old-version Campy 9 rear der combined with a
> new-version Campy 9 shifter; this combo is a virtually perfect match
> with a Shimano 9 cassette.

No sir, you have it all wrong. ;^) The *really* hot setup is Campy
10-speed Ergos with all else being Shimano. That gives the ability to
run 8-speed Shimano cassettes *or* 9-speed Shimano cassettes after the
cable is rerouted. And the added advantage that all of this equipment is
still available new (as opposed to old Campy deraillers) and will
probably be available for a longer time than the 9-speed Campy stuff.

More than likely, the hot setup depends on which parts are available cheap.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu