does any body know wellgo..?

Wellgo have been around for a very long time, and like many other large asian manufacturers (pretty sure they are asian) they make a lot of product for other people. I had some wellgo pedals on my MTB many years ago, they kept going dispite the appearance of them degrading after a decade.

They were replaced when my gf started riding my old MTB to work. Changed to low level shimano pedals. She couldn't figure out the engagement of the oooold wellgo's, but never looked back with the replacement shimanos.

Hard to compare a 10+ yo design to something newer, but wellgo's have never been top notch, but rather entry or value. I'd recommend getting a cheaper set of shimanos. Similar cost and weight most likely, but the shimanos will perform just that bit better.

Wellgo's clipless pedals are pretty much just entry level pedals, but are a decent pedal for a beginner to intermediate rider. The place where wellgo really excels is in the platform pedal department, mainly bmx and some mountain pedals. Wellgo manufactures probably 90% (rough estimate. don't have an exact number) of the platform pedals available for bmx bikes that are sold under all different brand names.

ToffoIsMe said:
Wellgo's clipless pedals are pretty much just entry level pedals, but are a decent pedal for a beginner to intermediate rider. The place where wellgo really excels is in the platform pedal department, mainly bmx and some mountain pedals. Wellgo manufactures probably 90% (rough estimate. don't have an exact number) of the platform pedals available for bmx bikes that are sold under all different brand names.
i was wondering cuz i bought a pair of wellgo road clipless pedals

I had Wellgo on my mountain bike for about 5 years. They made it over the alps and a few tough tours. In the end they rusted because of poor maintainance (I never cleaned or oiled them).

Generally OK considering the low price.

I bought two pairs of Wellgo 95B, and one of the four petals failed under load.

I presume this was due to the fact I did not lubricate it properly.

Can anybody provide guidance regarding:

1) Recommended lubrication frequency,

2) Recommended lubricant,

3) Method to lubricate (i.e. how do I apply the lube? Do I need to tear everything apart, clean and rebuild, or just attempt to jam lube into the "crease" where the rubber seal is, and under the dust cap?)

A pic of said pedals is on Wellgo's site: http://www.wellgo.com.tw/p-image/WPD-95B.jpg

I'd like to avoid another bearing failure!

I have been wondering about pedal maintenance for years and never really found any solid guidelines on maintenance intervals from the manufacturers. Bicycling Magazine recommends lubrication of MTB Pedals every six months and Road Bike Pedals every year. You will need to disassemble the pedals to properly re-lube them. You need to clean out the old lubricant before you re-lube them. Be sure not to break or lose any of the little seals or dust caps as they are difficult to come by. The only lubericant that I have ever used on pedals is white lithium grease and I have never had a problem with them.