Does anybody else find this annoying?

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Charles Gifford" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:J5X3c.14634$%[email protected]
> hlink.net...
> >

> > Kay may be at the San Diego Cook-In in June. Come on
> > down and enjoy a margarita and a cigar with her!
> >
> > Charlie
> >

> I would if I were not moving to Japan! Even then I
> might if it were held during one of my vacation periods
> but unfortunately, June is prime school time over
> there. But if you ever have one in August, December, or
> end of March...let me know! But please say hello to
> everyone for me!
>
> rona

I had forgotten about your move! I'd be happy to say hello
for you! The annual Sandy Eggo Cook-Ins are always in June.
We did have an aberration last year and had an additional
one in October. Used to be a regular circuit, Sandy Eggo in
June, San Francisco in July, L.A. in August, and Humboldt in
September. That left May for Seattle, eh Alan.

Charlie

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:28:18 -0600, "Rona
> Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I would if I were not moving to Japan!

> What takes you to Japan?

I believe she's going by plane. "-)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:28:18 -0600, "Rona
> Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I would if I were not moving to Japan!

> What takes you to Japan?

I believe she's going by plane. "-)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
and a grave is the depth of the hole."

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:45:08 -0000, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> [...]

That's over-simplifying it.

Think of "gathering", with several rows of uniform
stitching... which creates neat rows of wavelike ups
and downs.

Smocking is decorative stitching on top of that. Basic
smocking stitich is just something the unites rows in an
X pattern.

Every other stitch is someone with way too much time on
their hands... showing off. LOL!

sf <bin dar, dun dat>

That's over-simplifying it.

Think of "gathering", with several rows of uniform
stitching... which creates neat rows of wavelike ups
and downs.

Smocking is decorative stitching on top of that. Basic
smocking stitich is just something the unites rows in an
X pattern.

Every other stitch is someone with way too much time on
their hands... showing off. LOL!

sf <bin dar, dun dat>

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:55:28 GMT, Julia Altshuler
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I have a cousin who knits.

Apparently there is an explosion of knitting these days....
it's like needlepoint in the '70s.

> Neither of our mothers would have had anything to do with
> that stupid girly stuff.
>

> This might be related to food. Our mothers didn't care to
> cook either. I don't mind the traditional housewife
> element in it. I just enjoy creating the tastes and
> textures.

Can you say "rebel"? My mother didn't do that stuff either,
didn't cook a varity of things, didn't sew unless it was
mandatory and certainly didn't do any type of needlework for
fun or relaxation.

I was the opposite. I thought my daughter was following the
usual drill, but she asked me to teach her how to knit last
month. As a result, we've had some good mother/daughter
"bonding experiences "based around knitting.

<[email protected]> wrote:

> I have a cousin who knits.

Apparently there is an explosion of knitting these days....
it's like needlepoint in the '70s.

> Neither of our mothers would have had anything to do with
> that stupid girly stuff.
>

> This might be related to food. Our mothers didn't care to
> cook either. I don't mind the traditional housewife
> element in it. I just enjoy creating the tastes and
> textures.

Can you say "rebel"? My mother didn't do that stuff either,
didn't cook a varity of things, didn't sew unless it was
mandatory and certainly didn't do any type of needlework for
fun or relaxation.

I was the opposite. I thought my daughter was following the
usual drill, but she asked me to teach her how to knit last
month. As a result, we've had some good mother/daughter
"bonding experiences "based around knitting.

In article <[email protected]>, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> Ohhhh... okay. I don't know anything about little girl's
> skirts but the pirate shirt did it. Yes, I know what
> pleats are. What's the point of smocking anyway? Style?
>
> Michael

Smocked frocks are a way to demonstrate a willingness to
spend a lot of money on something that will be outgrown
in a trice.

http://www.themissingpiece.com/ggn/learnedpics/smocking.gif
http://www.smockeddreams.com/rompers/images/Summers_Day_Smo-
cking.jpg http://www.sewwhatsnewlascruces.com/images/heirlo-
om%20smocking%20lg.jpg
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
and a grave is the depth of the hole."

In article <[email protected]>, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> Ohhhh... okay. I don't know anything about little girl's
> skirts but the pirate shirt did it. Yes, I know what
> pleats are. What's the point of smocking anyway? Style?
>
> Michael

Smocked frocks are a way to demonstrate a willingness to
spend a lot of money on something that will be outgrown
in a trice.

http://www.themissingpiece.com/ggn/learnedpics/smocking.gif
http://www.smockeddreams.com/rompers/images/Summers_Day_Smo-
cking.jpg http://www.sewwhatsnewlascruces.com/images/heirlo-
om%20smocking%20lg.jpg
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
and a grave is the depth of the hole."

"sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:45:08 -0000, Dog3
: <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:
:
: > >>> : I have to ask. What is smocking? Sounds obscene
: > >>> : ;)
: > >>> :
: > >>> : Michael
: > >>> : --
: > >>> :=======
: > >>>
: > >>> It's a type of stitching that gathers or puckers
: > >>> the
material.
: > >>>
:
: That's over-simplifying it.
:
: Think of "gathering", with several rows of uniform
: stitching... which creates neat rows of wavelike ups
: and downs.
:
: Smocking is decorative stitching on top of that. Basic
: smocking stitich is just something the unites rows in an X
: pattern.
:
: Every other stitch is someone with way too much time on
: their hands... showing off. LOL!
:
: sf <bin dar, dun dat>
========

The reply wasn't meant to teach Michael how to actually
smock a garment. It was *simply* to give him a reference
point as to what smocking was. It was worded in layman's
terms without going into deep detail. I suppose had I sat on
the question for the last 3 days I too, could have phrased
it differently.
--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

[...]

What do you have from Ron Popeil? I have his food dehydrater
from 20 years ago. Does Penzeys have a web page?

take care Liz

Hey! Look what "Rick & Cyndi"