does anybody hand wash their cycling outfit?

swampy1970 said:
Not really.... When I first read that post about the 'blood of virgins', I first thought of nubile ladies during that time of the month staining shorts... as it were.

:drool
Sicko!
:D

Maybe I'm a litte WEIRD:D in my cycling clothing washing habits....
At the end of a ride I take off all my cycling clothing(now standing naked in the laundry) and hand wash the gear in the tub in cold water only(no soap etc). Basically a quick rinse.
I then put it in the washing machine and spin dry(-ish) it.
I then throw it out on the deck to be hung up later when I'm showered and have clothes on(I'm not totally into showing myself naked to the neighbours!).
Next day my gear is good to go again :)

Bigbananabike said:
Maybe I'm a litte WEIRD:D in my cycling clothing washing habits....
At the end of a ride I take off all my cycling clothing(now standing naked in the laundry) and hand wash the gear in the tub in cold water only(no soap etc). Basically a quick rinse.
I then put it in the washing machine and spin dry(-ish) it.
I then throw it out on the deck to be hung up later when I'm showered and have clothes on(I'm not totally into showing myself naked to the neighbours!).
Next day my gear is good to go again :)

That's not so weird. Assos actually says that you don't have to wash their bibs with soap everytime. You can rinse 'em, as you do, for a couple o' days worth of rides, then wash 'em with detergent.

My laundry plan is ride until I'm outta bibs (I've 5 pair of bibs), then put everything in laundry bags (And I have 12 or so laundry bags), including gloves, and pitch it all in the front loader. Switch the machine to hand wash/cold, add some Win detergent, and let 'er fly. If I'm in a rush, I may pitch a set of bibs into the dryer. A little bit o' heat can put some life back in the lycra, just don't cook your shorts. There are heat settings other than "high." Mostly, though, if any of the kit goes in the dryer, I set the dryer on air dry, i.e. no heat.

I've had no damage done to the clothes by my routine.

I wash the stuff on the delicate cycle of the new washer. Works pretty well. I sweat up a storm riding and my stuff is a bit dicey after a long ride.

By "hand wash", does taking it out into the river and beating it on a rock count?