Does anybody hear about "ChamoisCream"?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by DavidZhang, Sep 6, 2004.

1. DavidZhang

DavidZhang New Member

Does anybody hear about "ChamoisCream"? Can anything instead of it that can easly buy?:)

Tags:
    haleylx4 likes this.

2. Trekker2017

Trekker2017 New Member

I use Gerber Oatmeal Diaper Rash cream. No kidding. I've tried other products and stumbled on the Diaper rash cream when I got chaffed on day. Since then, no chaffing.

3. superclimber

superclimber New Member

chamois cream is a genuine product and there are several well known brands on the market. i know the pros could'nt go without it but not sure now with the advent of synthetic chamois. its application was originally designed for the old leather chamois but progressed.
    It is invaluable on long rides over a 100 clicks and stops chaffing and hence, rash, boils, etc. but, youve still got to keep it clean and wash it, otherwise it gets very nasty.
    as far as i know the best one around was Assos of switzerland who had one like extra strength, mild, medium etc etc. personally, i just use no name lanoline cream but i'm told pure lanoline is the goodies:rolleyes:

4. WINGNUTT

WINGNUTT New Member

Assos chamois cream is the sweetness. You don't need to use much either... just put a little bit on the areas of your legs/ass that get chafed before gearing up.

5. scottshields

scottshields New Member

I found that using Desitin (also a diaper rash cream) works excellent if you do get chafed. We should all take note of what's worked for chafing on babies for years. Get over the fact that is diaper rash cream the stuff really works!

Scott

6. sorebutt

sorebutt New Member

I use whatever I find in the store, although Assos is the nicest. However, if I get a sore or chafing, or any skin problem I use www.buttpaste.com om the areas that need extra care..:) My wife works in a hospital and brought home some samples.. great stuff for those weeks that you ride everyday and a case of chafing doesn't want to go away.. The best stuff!!

7. drewjc

drewjc New Member

How many of you guys apply the cream to the arse/legs and who applies to the chamois itself?

8. Trekker2017

Trekker2017 New Member

I apply the cream to the chamois.

9. serenaslu

serenaslu New Member

I used to condition natural chamois liners by applying it to the shorts. Now with most of the synthetic ones I usually just apply a very small amount to only small areas my own anatomy. Currently using Assos cream.

10. Trekker2017

Trekker2017 New Member

I thought it might be amusing if we compared the ingredients just to see what we were paying for.

My Gerber baby ass cream contains: Active ingredients -- Zinc Oxide 40%; Petrolatum 33% -- Inactive ingredientss -- Aloe vera gel, BHT, corn starch, fragrance, glyceryl oleate, glyceryl monostearate, methyl paraben, mineral oil, oat flour, oat kernek oil, propyl paraben, propylene glycol, purified water, and vitamin E.

11. serenaslu

serenaslu New Member

Assos Chamois Creme:
    Which Hazel Extract, Almond Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Menthol, Cylomethicone, Oak Bark Extract, Deionized Water, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Decyl Oleate, Polydecene, Methylparaben, Retinyl Palminate, BHA

But hey, any butt cream that has the guts to actually label it self ASSos.....:rolleyes:

12. JSWin

JSWin Member

Yeah, i just read in here that it works well. Seems to be the best. Maybe something with glycerin it is a skin protectant.