Does anybody know?

flyman2

Jan 26, 2012
Hello fellows! I have not enough ordinary question, which concerns my new bike..although I have to say it is not new. I've bought the second hand bike

The sense of my question is in that I know nothing about frame of my bike. It has been repainted by a previous owner. I exactly know it's Giant bicycle's frame but what about frame's model, year of producing or anything else are far from my knowledge. According to rudder socket of my frame, it had been produced in the end of 90's but I could be wrong. Does anybody know anything about Giant's frames?

It sure looks like an older aluminum-framed Giant. Late '90s looks about right, but exactly when, I don't know. They're so ubiquitous, it hardly matters. Ride and enjoy it.

Giant was an important mover in "compact geometry" frame design that is practically an industry standard now. They are a Taiwanese company that makes frames of their own design and brand as well as for many other brands. Many founders of new Taiwanese bike manufacturing firms are graduates of the "University of Giant." Giant bikes are quality and were always regarded as lots of bang for the buck.

I always hated the look of compact frames, but I made an exception for Giant, and now I ride one. I like it.

What the hell is a "rudder socket"? I'm voting with oldbobcat: whatever the bike is, ride it and enjoy it.