Does anyone else do this???

soonerbiker said:
Heck yes, I'm waaaay to competitive not too. It gives me something to shoot for and gives me quite a bit of incentive when I'm out on my solo rides.

If your so competitive why not race USCF or similar and compete?

Gwanoman said:
:) Good Afternoon all...

:confused: Just a quick question... When you are out on the road do you chase people down? Im a complete nightmare. :D Even if i get a glimpse of a back wheel a mile up the road off I go like a man possessed to catch the guy or girl..
I'm guilty of this too. If me and my buddies even see anyone across the lakes on a road bike, we're off chasing. There are also those occasional time too when I'll be riding at an easy pace (appox. 18mph) and there will be someone behind me sucking wheel that I don't know. I usually up the pace slowly, while constantly checking back, until I hit about 30mph and hold it for a couple of miles. I like raining on peoples parades by dropping them. Now, there have been a couple of instances where I got totally owned, but those are different stories. :rolleyes:

zaskar said:
If your so competitive why not race USCF or similar and compete?
Not everyone has the time and/or resources to race. I enjoy cycling, and I am generally competitive at everything I do, but I just don't have enough time in my life to make room for competitive racing. Besides, I'm a newbie with less than 9 months of riding under my belt. I'd have a ways to go before I could even think about racing...

I do it all the time. Mostly because I get lazy when I'm out riding alone. Chasing people down keeps things interesting and motivates me to put in som more effort.