Does anyone else...

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Apusapus, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Apusapus

    Apusapus Guest

    ...find the soles of the Asics DS Trainer VIII's to be absolutely bloody lethal on cold wet (but not
    icy) roads? If the surface has even the tiniest smearing of mud, it's literally impossible to run. I
    can't recall *ever* having a pair of shoes this short of grip. Is it just me?

    Roger.

    Tags:

  2. speaking of "short of grip"...

  3. Apusapus

    Apusapus Guest

    "Miss Anne Thrope" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > speaking of "short of grip"...

    Miss Anne, your constant sniping makes me believe you fear being ousted as 'Troll of the Year' in
    '03. And I must confess your quips have been slipping a little of late. May I suggest you summon up
    one last burst of witticism as we go into the final month of the year? The judges are always
    impressed by a strong finisher, or at least that's what 'Wobbot and the boys' are always telling me.

    Roger.

  4. Mr Happy

    Mr Happy Guest

    On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:34:35 -0000, "apusapus" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >...find the soles of the Asics DS Trainer VIII's to be absolutely bloody lethal on cold wet (but
    >not icy) roads? If the surface has even the tiniest smearing of mud, it's literally impossible to
    >run. I can't recall *ever* having a pair of shoes this short of grip. Is it just me?

    Yes, nobody else is stupid enough to run in that crap.

  5. Mr Happy

    Mr Happy Guest

    On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:00:19 -0500 (EST), [email protected] (Miss Anne Thrope) wrote:

    >Being TOTY for 2002 didn't bring me nearly as much notoriety as I expected. Hell, I never even got
    >my tiara. And you're right. Not all of my posts are keepers, but you have to consider the subject
    >matter. You joggers aren't the most exciting specimens walking the earth. I can only work with the
    >tools and resources at hand, and unfortunately, my resources are some of the most mundane critters
    >that ever got spit out of a womb. Another problem is that I spread myself too thin. Between
    >trolling here, rec.sport.golf,

    C'mon now, that's got to be way too easy...

  6. Apusapus

    Apusapus Guest

    "Miss Anne Thrope" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Being TOTY for 2002 didn't bring me nearly as much notoriety as I expected.

    What? You'll be forever remembered as the *first* winner of the award. Damn well make me green with
    envy just thinking about it...

    > Hell, I never even got my tiara.

    I never promised you one, just a place in the hearts of the rec.runners.

    > And you're right. Not all of my posts are keepers,

    Huh. Which of us can claim that?

    > but you have to consider the subject matter. You joggers aren't the most exciting specimens
    > walking the earth. I can only work with the tools and resources at hand, and unfortunately, my
    > resources are some of the most mundane critters that ever got spit out of a womb.

    I can't argue with that. We runners have a marked tendency towards dull introspection. OTOH, we have
    some pretty nifty running shorts in mighty bright colours. There's an upside to everything you know.

    > Another problem is that I spread myself too thin. Between trolling here, rec.sport.golf, and the
    > montage of other newsgroups devoted to the dimwit lifesyle, I just can't hit homers as often as
    > when I was a young girl. Regards, Anne

    Ah, the time demands of a modern Miss! Just wait 'till you have to cook,

    these halcyon days of carefree trolling and smile sweetly to yourself at the memory.

    Roger

  7. Steve Common

    Steve Common Guest

    "apusapus" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >...find the soles of the Asics DS Trainer VIII's to be absolutely bloody lethal on cold wet (but
    >not icy) roads? If the surface has even the tiniest smearing of mud, it's literally impossible to
    >run. I can't recall *ever* having a pair of shoes this short of grip. Is it just me?

    No. I've noticed serious weakness on "greasy" surfaces (not to the impossible to run stage but
    anyroad). Definitely not a pair to take to a XC meet. But I love the shoes otherwise and as it
    doesn't rain too often here...