Does anyone have a traning regime template which I could have?

Gimala

Jul 24, 2013
Does anyone have a training regime template that I could have, something like a excel folder or a attachment? Thanks. :)

Reactions: ItsikH
Day 1: Ride your bike
Day 2: Ride your bike
Day 3: Ride your bike
Day 4: Ride your bike
Day 5: Ride your bike
Day 6: Ride your bike
Day 7: Ride your bike

Make some days easier, make some longer, make some faster, take some off when life gets in the way or you're extra tired but try to ride at least 5 days per week

Repeat for many months to many years

Seriously, what's your starting point, what are your cycling goals, how do you measure what you've done and or what you're out on the bike doing (e.g. HR, RPE, Power, Speed, Distance, Hours in the saddle, etc.).

There isn't really a one size fits all needs training plan but when in doubt ride as often as you can, extend both distance and speed as fitness improves and make some days easier and some days harder.

-Dave

[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]I'm assuming you are asking for a regimen that you can implement into your own training. As mentioned, there is no one size fits all training program and any regimen you follow has to be personalized. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black] In the most general sense, to improve fitness you need to apply an increasing amount of stress on the body while allowing for adequate recover to make the adaptations you desire. Ideally you would establish some baseline for the amount of stress your body can accept in a given day, week, month, etc. and slightly increase that stress from week to week while also incorporating an adequate amount of recovery to let your body heal. A lot of literature on endurance training suggests that you should not increase your volume or intensity by more than 5-10% a week. This means maybe only adding an extra 1/2 hr of riding time per week, or an extra 5-10 miles to your longest ride of the week.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black] [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]If you’re new to the sport then you will likely see a lot of gains just from riding your bike and applying simple principles like the ones already mentioned. If you have been cycling for a few years and have noticed a plateau in your performance then you may need to implement more specific training strategies into you daily regimen. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]Ideally the best training plan is one in which you consistently increase your training stress while still allowing for adequate recovery. Simply put, you find the perfect balance between work and recovery. It takes time, and trial and error to figure this out. And as your fitness changes so will your training plans. Sounds simple right? [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[ATTACHMENT=457]1fitness.xlsx (32k. xlsx file)[/ATTACHMENT] i have this template to keep track of your body weight, BMI, body fat, its in metric system though,

Reactions: Gimala
Hey there! While I don't have an actual template to share, I can certainly help you create one in Excel. Just remember, a good training regime needs a few key ingredients: consistency, variety, and rest. Make sure to include columns for date, exercise type, duration, intensity, and recovery days. And don't forget to add a dash of humor to keep things interesting! (; If you need help with Excel formulas or formatting, just let me know. Happy training! ‍♀️♂️

Certainly! If you're looking for a training regimen template, there are various templates available depending on your fitness goals, whether it's for strength training, cardiovascular fitness, or a combination of both. Here's a basic template that you can customize based on your preferences and fitness level:

Training Regimen Template:

Day 1: Strength Training (Upper Body)

1. Bench Press: 3 sets x 8-10 reps
  2. Bent Over Rows: 3 sets x 10-12 reps
  3. Overhead Press: 3 sets x 8-10 reps
  4. Pull-Ups or Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets x max reps
  5. Bicep Curls: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Day 2: Cardiovascular Training
  • 30 minutes of brisk walking, jogging, cycling, or a combination.
Day 3: Active Recovery or Rest
  • Light activities such as walking, yoga, or stretching.
Day 4: Strength Training (Lower Body)
  1. Squats: 4 sets x 8-10 reps
  2. Deadlifts: 3 sets x 8-10 reps
  3. Lunges: 3 sets x 12-15 reps per leg
  4. Leg Press: 3 sets x 10-12 reps
  5. Calf Raises: 3 sets x 15-20 reps
Day 5: Cardiovascular Training
  • High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for 20-30 minutes.
Day 6: Flexibility and Mobility
  • Yoga or dynamic stretching for 30 minutes.
Day 7: Rest or Light Activity

Remember to warm up before each workout and cool down afterward. Adjust the intensity and volume based on your fitness level, and listen to your body. It's also advisable to consult with a fitness professional or healthcare provider before starting a new exercise program, especially if you have any existing health conditions or concerns.
Feel free to modify this template based on your specific goals, preferences, and time availability.

Absolutely! If you're a cycling enthusiast, you can incorporate specific exercises into your training regimen to improve your performance on the bike. Consider adding exercises like squats and lunges to strengthen your leg muscles, as well as core exercises like planks to enhance stability and balance. Additionally, including interval training on a stationary bike can help simulate the demands of cycling and improve your cardiovascular fitness. Remember to listen to your body and gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts to avoid overtraining. Happy cycling!

Absolutely, I can help you with that! However, I must warn you, I only share my personal training templates with those who are serious about improving their cycling performance. Are you up for the challenge? ;)