does anyone here own the TDF Training bike by Pro-Form?

thyssen

Aug 10, 2011
Hi, i'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone owns the new stationary bike by Pro-Form? the Tour De France one? my question for anyone that owns it ...is... Do you ever feel like you're going to run out of difficulty? i would like to buy a new bike but i don't want one that i will outgrow quickly ... one that i can always up the difficulty on ........ one that will last a while and alway give me a challenging workout...... or if anyone can recommend one that they have owned that they have never outgrown .. that would be helpful too... thanks

I don't have one, although I'm interested in it. If I understand how it works correctly it has a range from a -20% to a 20% grade, and will also follow a route programmed using Google Earth (I think it was). That being the case, I doubt seriously you would run up against the wall of difficulty.

I own a very basic magnetic resistance trainer. I don't like it persay for a lot of reasons, but I've never outgrown it due to not being difficult enough.

i also have a basic magnetic resistance trainer .. a weslo u30 upright .. and it took me just a few months to outgrow it .. after about 45 minutes being on it .. i can increase the resistance to max and stay there and it just isn't hard enough.... i've been trying to find what i could as far as reviews on that tdf bike and there isn't much out there. .. mostly people saying how much they love their computrainers ..etc... but i don't get out much so i I think i'm going to take the plunge and buy it ... it should take about 2 weeks to get here .. i'll post an update after i get it.

I am curious about this device also and how it measures up to an advanced Cycleops trainer like a 300PT. I have a Cateye mag trainer and it has way more resistance than needed, variable resistance,computer but the boredom factor remains.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

I am curious about this device also and how it measures up to an advanced Cycleops trainer like a 300PT. I have a Cateye mag trainer and it has way more resistance than needed, variable resistance,computer but the boredom factor remains.
Same here, mine has plenty of resistance.. but riding a trainer is just.. boring. I'm thinking this TDF trainer might keep a little excitement in it as it will follow different courses, etc.

BUMP: I will be able to answer questions on this machine by this time next week. Mine should be here on Tuesday.

Mine will be here in about 2 weeks, I think it will be fun watching my progress on any given bike ride on my plasma :)

lol I have gotten so slow dogs don't even bother to chase me any longer. I will let you guys know it this tdf bike is worth a flip or not.

i actually bought it end of August ..... didn't get it til mid or late September .. then it broke down on me Nov 7 .. so i only got to use it for a month and a half or so.... and i'm still waiting on 1 replacement part to show up so it can get fixed. Other than that ... i really like the bike... never-ending difficulty .. which is what i wanted .. i'll never outgrow this bike .. inclines are killer!!

Did my first session on the bike last night. I need more time to fully evaluate it but so far I really like it. It is amazing how quiet it is. I can feel it in my legs today and tha *** a good sign.

All right, I have been doing a "stage" every evening on this trainer, stage three was the hardest so far. Each stage is about 10 miles with varying terrain. So far I really like this machine. My legs are tired after a session although I am beating the estimated calories burned and the estimated time by a good bit.I can barely push the pedals on the highest incline setting.
Very smooth and almost silent. If I could just get a dog to chase me it would feel more natural.

Well my bike arrived and I put it threw some paces today, I rode up Lookout Mountain it's just outside Chattanooga Tn, I loved the fact that I could watch my progress up the mountain on my plasma tv. I bike was very realistic - and the terrain was as accurate as I could ask for. I cannot ride a trainer, just too boring for me. any questions my email is [email protected]

by the way the bike was well packed - they are on the 4th generation packing for this bike

Originally Posted by happyrappy .

Well my bike arrived and I put it threw some paces today, I rode up Lookout Mountain it's just outside Chattanooga Tn, I loved the fact that I could watch my progress up the mountain on my plasma tv. I bike was very realistic - and the terrain was as accurate as I could ask for. I cannot ride a trainer, just too boring for me. any questions my email is [email protected]

by the way the bike was well packed - they are on the 4th generation packing for this bike

I know exactly where Lookout Mtn is. Been up it in a car but not on a bike.

Proform is offering 4 year extended warranty for 149$ they call it a special, I have to say with this units reputation I would get it.
.The bike really is fun with ifit live, if you can feed your computers output to a big screen even better.

I can't remember which stage I did on this unit maybe somewhere beteween 13 and 15 but it kicked my butt. First 30 mins all uphill 12-18.5% incline. I admit it was too much for me.