Does Anyone Keep Cycling In The Winter?

I find it way harder to cycle in the winter. The conditions are way worse here, and with all the cold I usually get tired pretty fast.It doesn't mean I stop riding completely, but I ride way less than in other seasons.

Sure, it depends on the weather, but it's really gratifying to be riding in winter, it feels great!

Well, not the best season, but I like to feel the cold and to warm up while riding, makes me feel invincible. :)

I've only had a bike again for the summer, but after seeing how many people in portland just constantly ride their bike in the rain like it's nothing, I'm sure I'll have no problem during the winter months. Heavy rain I'll avoid though.

The first question is why would stop to ride a bike in winter? In fact, riding a bike in winter is even more enjoyable. I also know that many people love to ride in winter. Personally, I prefer to ride a bike in winter because you don't get sweaty at that time and that is why it is a perfect time for the long rides.

I've only had a bike again for the summer, but after seeing how many people in portland just constantly ride their bike in the rain like it's nothing, I'm sure I'll have no problem during the winter months. Heavy rain I'll avoid though.
I think riding in the rain would be even more enjoyable. I know that the roads get little sweaty but I think you l will enjoy it. If you have not still experienced the rain ride, you should go for it at least one time. I bet you will enjoy it. Just give it a try.

well I tend to ride more in the winter than in the summer. Mind you that may be because the "winter" months are dry and with temps of about 20C during the day. Summer here is tropical storms, 35-40C and often higher and humidity high enough for dehydration sitting on my ass in a hammock.

But then I live in NE Thailand.

I used to live in England when I was young and regularly rode in the winter there, with the right clothing, but i tended to avoid the snow.

The only thing that puts us off cycling in winter is ice; when you can hit the deck, hard, before you even know your front wheel has gone from under you, it simply doesn't make sense to head out.

Otherwise, layer-up, pop on some overshoes and good gloves, lift the buff up to cover your neck and lower face, and go for it! :)