Does anyone know if there will be bike sale on black friday?

Hai Tsabar

Oct 13, 2011
I intend to buy myself Santacruz Nomad Carbon and would like to know if they intend to make any discounts of black Friday.
If any of you knows about any upcoming sale kindly advise.
Thanks,
Hai

No. But I hear good deals can be had on off brand TV's at wally world.

Possibly. But I would not count on it.

After my recent (late June) experience, you will be lucky to get 10-15% off any accessories when you buy the bike. The bike magazines claim that bike shops have a narrow margin on bike sales. Which I find hard to believe.

Originally Posted by Look 566 Rider .

Possibly. But I would not count on it.

After my recent (late June) experience, you will be lucky to get 10-15% off any accessories when you buy the bike. The bike magazines claim that bike shops have a narrow margin on bike sales. Which I find hard to believe.
Knowing a few LBS owners, I know the claim about margin on bike frames and certain components is narrow. LBS have the biggest margin on the accessories and on shop services. Campy, Shimano, and (I assume) leave little wiggle room for margin. Frames are the same, as are complete bikes.

There are great deals to be had on bike kit around the interweb though. Classic Cycling has some periodic deals on clothing (Giordana, Hincapie, and others). Price Point is another that can have some pretty good prices. You might also consider looking overseas, like in the UK. Total Cycling has some great deals, as does Slane Cycles. Qbike is a website that tracks prices on gear in which you're interested at a number of dealers, so it's a good first stop to get an idea of what prices are out there. It's dealer listings, though, are not expansive. Of course, good, great, or even insane deals can be had on eBay, but you need to be smart shopper there and watch out of scams.

For the time being, I'd avoid buying anything from Indonesian or Malaysian bike sites. That part of the world seems to be a locus right now for bike and bike kit scams.

I doubt that there will be any Black Friday sales on bikes at your LBS. However, late November is about the best time to be looking for a bike if you want a good deal. A lot of shops are trying to move their stock of last years bikes to make room for the new years bikes as well as avoiding the taxes that they have to pay on stock. This is the time that they are most willing to deal a little on price and accessories. The only downside is that the good deals usually only apply to their existing stock. I doubt that they would be willing to give you a good deal on special orders. The good news is that the awful economy had left them with a few more bikes than what they normally would have this time of year.

I got a mail advertisement and a spam from Performance Bicycle touting their Black Friday deals. Doesn't look bad. They are offering 50% off of their "doorbuster bikes" whatever those might be. They have aluminum frame road bikes with 105 components for $749.99 and Michelin Krylion tires for $29.99. I think that I might have to check out this sale.