Does anyone know of cycling shorts without a centre crotch seam?

samhoods

Jun 27, 2005
Does anyone else have the same problem. After cycling for about 20 miles, the unmentionable bits get really sore. I reckon the problem is that every pair of shorts I have are cut with a centre crotch seam. The chamois inside is in one piece, but obviously the guys?? who design these things haven't realised that the outer centre seam will find the line of least resistance. Has anyone out there found a pair without a centre crotch seam?

samhoods said:
Does anyone else have the same problem. After cycling for about 20 miles, the unmentionable bits get really sore. I reckon the problem is that every pair of shorts I have are cut with a centre crotch seam. The chamois inside is in one piece, but obviously the guys?? who design these things haven't realised that the outer centre seam will find the line of least resistance. Has anyone out there found a pair without a centre crotch seam?

I got some at Halfords yonks ago and they are still going strong. Very cumfy. I am sure they have no centre seam. Who knows if they still sell them though ... ??