Does anyone know where I can get a clamp on cable stop?

Me

Guest
Hi, I'm looking for a clamp on cable stop to allow me to run Vbrakes on my older Ti mtb. I saw a
thread on this a couple day ago however all the shops mentioned were in the USA.

It clamps to the top tube giving me an additional cable stop.

http://www.thethirdhand.com/index.cgi?d=single&c=Cable/Casing&sc=Clips/Stops
&tc=Casing%20Stops&item_id=TK-105AS8&id=29895296103

Does anyone know where I can get one of these Tektro ones like in the link- or something similar
in the UK?

Cheers

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I'm looking for a clamp on cable stop to allow me to run Vbrakes on my older Ti mtb. I saw a
> thread on this a couple day ago however all the
shops
> mentioned were in the USA.
>
> It clamps to the top tube giving me an additional cable stop.

http://www.thethirdhand.com/index.cgi?d=single&c=Cable/Casing&sc=Clips/Stops
> &tc=Casing%20Stops&item_id=TK-105AS8&id=29895296103
>

> Does anyone know where I can get one of these Tektro ones like in the
link-
> or something similar in the UK?

You can get them from Ison Distribution I think - order through Billys on 01223-568368. Its called a
backstop but they are not cheap - about £20 IIRC - and you will need to know your top tube diameter
for the right size. Otherwise you can always order them from Sheldon Brown who does a lot of
international mail order.

Alternatively you can always run a complete outer from the lever to the brake to avoid needing
a backstop.

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to
adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George
Bernard Shaw

cheers Tony,

Yeah I've seen the backstops before, but was hoping to avoid this as I would need two of em and £40
is a bit too steep. But at least I know that I can get these over here.

One of the reasons the Tektros jumped out at me was their low price (around £3 each). I can have a
buddy send them from the usa but I was hoping to get em a bit sooner than that, but I suppose I may
have to in the end.

currently, I'm running a long cable from the front to the rear, but its less than decent. I know I'm
loosing loads of power using this option.

If anyone knows where I can get a cheaper version of the Backstop or even the tektro copy here in
the UK I would be very happy to have you reply to the board...

Me <[email protected]> wrote:

> currently, I'm running a long cable from the front to the rear, but its less than decent. I know
> I'm loosing loads of power using this option.

I doubt it. A full cable run on the bike will not lose that much plus the rear brake is not that
important compared to the front. There will be more than enough power there and its much less likely
to get gunged up like open cable runs do..

Tony