Does anyone own an Ergomo?

Originally posted by peterwright
I suggest that you take on board Larry's comment with regards your approach to the posting of opinions other than your own. I for one certainly find it to be over the top and can assure you it does not encourage me to post my thoughts or opinions freely.

you're free to post whatever opinion or comments you like (within the rules of the forum)

With regards my own posting on this thread (or any other) I do not make claim to be an expert in the field (unlike you) nor do I mention my business in my posts. My background is therefore of no bearing. 99.9 % of people reading my post would simply take it as it is intended i.e a simple opinion from an interested party.

your business is mentioned in your post by default, as you have a link to your site. presumably, as you had to include this information when you joined the forum, you had the option of leaving it out. you didn't and thus, the prime objective of having the link is for people to click it. similarly, i have a link to my site so that people can visit it etc. had i wished to remain to anonymous i wouldn't have included it.

With regards my "rushed" response. I had done a fair amount of research on Ergomo and other power devices before ordering the Ergomo. Whether I had 2 rides or 200 rides would not help me ascertain the accuracy of the machine and my comments are unlikely to change - they were simply my initial opinions.

the only real research on the Ergomo is directly supported/supplied by the manufacturer and/or US importer, there's no independent research available. that's not to say that this data is incorrect or misleading, just where it's from, (RCs write up is from data supplied by the importer). I'm not suggesting that the data is manipulated (etc) just merely referencing where it's from.

That's not really the point here in my opinion, the issue that bothers me (and obviously Larry too) is your approach to others on the forum that have less knowledge than yourself.

i have no issues with anyone, whether they have less or more knowledge than me.

my point is simply that you are in a cycle/coaching/science business which lends kudos/weight to your point of view.

ric

Originally posted by ricstern
you're free to post whatever opinion or comments you like (within the rules of the forum)

your business is mentioned in your post by default, as you have a link to your site. presumably, as you had to include this information when you joined the forum, you had the option of leaving it out. you didn't and thus, the prime objective of having the link is for people to click it. similarly, i have a link to my site so that people can visit it etc. had i wished to remain to anonymous i wouldn't have included it.

the only real research on the Ergomo is directly supported/supplied by the manufacturer and/or US importer, there's no independent research available. that's not to say that this data is incorrect or misleading, just where it's from, (RCs write up is from data supplied by the importer). I'm not suggesting that the data is manipulated (etc) just merely referencing where it's from.

i have no issues with anyone, whether they have less or more knowledge than me.

my point is simply that you are in a cycle/coaching/science business which lends kudos/weight to your point of view.
ric
FYI I have now removed all reference to my business from the forum.

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING MY HEAD HURT. IF YOU ROAD AS MUCH AS YOU TYPE YOU'D BOTH BE RIDING THE TOUR THIS YEAR. RIC. ON A SCALE OF 1-10 WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF A POWER METER TO TRAINING FOR BICYCLE RACING?

Originally posted by bear72
YOU GUYS ARE MAKING MY HEAD HURT. IF YOU ROAD AS MUCH AS YOU TYPE YOU'D BOTH BE RIDING THE TOUR THIS YEAR. RIC. ON A SCALE OF 1-10 WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF A POWER METER TO TRAINING FOR BICYCLE RACING?

LOL! Actually, i couldn't train as much as i type. i've tried it :-(

I'd rate it quite high, but less important than a coach

ric