Does anyone think caffeine does anything positive to stop hair loss?

marrykonta

Oct 2, 2009
Products like Alpecin are out, but you never hear anything about them. Some studies have been done that say caffeine helps stimulate hair growth even in the presence of testosterone. Maybe adding some to your shampoo would be worth while?

Anyone care to comment?

alienator said:
It's been known to promote hair growth in alcoholics. :D
So if one is a "wino rider"" one might rub caffeine on their legs for that anti-establishment look :rolleyes:

marrykonta said:
Products like Alpecin are out, but you never hear anything about them. Some studies have been done that say caffeine helps stimulate hair growth even in the presence of testosterone. Maybe adding some to your shampoo would be worth while?

Anyone care to comment?

Based on this premise, I have been rubbing my bald scalp with coffee grounds, and all it's done is make my melon shiny.

marrykonta said:

Anyone care to comment?

It might make you go bald more lol. I've read that "for the caffeine to be effective, it must be in a special carrier to transport it to the hair follicle. The hair shampoo developed by Alpecin Cosmetics delivers the caffeine to the hair follices so that it will be effective. The amount of caffeine delivered to directly to the scalp is equivalent to about 1/2 cup of coffee."

I would like to know someone who have used it and swear it worked.

taniwha said:
Based on this premise, I have been rubbing my bald scalp with coffee grounds, and all it's done is make my melon shiny.

Are you using new coffee grounds or old coffee grounds that have already had most of the caffeine brewed out of them?

Could it make a difference? :confused:

64Paramount said:
Are you using new coffee grounds or old coffee grounds that have already had most of the caffeine brewed out of them?
Coffee ground between the thighs of nubiles.

I wonder if we forgo caffeine in this instance and use another stimulant like cheap trucker speed if that will be more effective?