Does carbs intake affect fat burning when exercising?

LucasKepczynski

Aug 8, 2012
Hi there! Just thinking about the following for some time: Is it true, that during exercise, taking in simple carbs does not stop lypolisis and does not contribute to body fat storage? Moreover, is it true that taking in carbs during exdercise is recommended for an encreased fat burning, because for the organism to burn fact some amount of sugar is necessary?
Thanks for your answer in advance, Lucas

carbs generally turn into fat when they are in excess in our body,
but you need them because they increase your stamina so you can train longer and at more intense mode.
But if you train longer and harder you burn more fat.

Originally Posted by LucasKepczynski .

... Is it true, that during exercise, taking in simple carbs does not stop lypolisis and does not contribute to body fat storage? Moreover, is it true that taking in carbs during exdercise is recommended for an encreased fat burning, because for the organism to burn fact some amount of sugar is necessary?
Does anyone actually know? I wasn't aware that science can actually follow any type of food through the body yet.
But... maybe there is some new machine that has been invented that does that.... I wonder if so... what it is called. Most of what we "know" about nutrition... changes with the monthly issues of womens magazines.

It is for the most part just theory. Use common sense... before you buy into ideas that are more fad and fashion than healthy. Are you posting about using gels when training? I don't think.... that taking in calories from packages of a sugar sweet product that tastes to me like fruit flavored frosting... would likely aid in weight loss. I think three or four packets of sugar in a cup of espresso would be just as helpful... and just as healthy.

Maybe if you feel you need a bump during a long ride a fruit juice, or a banana might help you some and you need to eat fruit at some point everyday anyway. So the calories from the fruit could be added to your daily diet plan anyway.

dave cutter,
it is obvious that you are completely uninformed about nutrition and how it affects athletic performance.
It is a very complicated issue and probably you will not be able to understand it but give it a try.

*****, I meant sth completely different. What you gave me, are some rudiments I've been aware of since my biology classes in primary school light years away. My question concerned some specific circumstances of IN EXERCISE sugar metabolism, which, according to data I came across some time ago, is different from 'sedentary' circumstances. What I am most interested in, is the fact: what happens to the candy, chocolate bar, whatnot, that I take WHEN exercising. Especially if the sugar intake affects anyhow the hormones which are burning my fat during the exercise. Does the sugar stop fat burning? Does the organism get energy from glucose only for some time or maybe thanks to some extra dose of suger the fat burning is even encreased..... If yes for how long. Of course I do understand that much depends on the effort and type of exercise........

>>Especially if the sugar intake affects anyhow the hormones which are burning my fat during the exercise. Does the sugar stop fat burning?

yes, sugar affects some fat burning hormones negatively, so if you take sugar mid-training you suppress the fat burning process

>>Does the organism get energy from glucose only for some time

YES

>>or maybe thanks to some extra dose of suger the fat burning is even encreased....

the other way around, fat burning decreases

Research ketosis/ketogenic diet. When you dont consume carbs and consume a lot of fats, your body begins to use fat as its main energy source. You wont have any real energy to do rigorous workouts, but youll burn fat faster. Theres far more to it than what i posted here. I recommend you look into it for yourself if youre interested in it.

When your blood sugar (carbohydrate) level is high your insulin level will rise to metabolize the carbs. Once this is done if you dont burn the energy off it will be stored as fat.