Does Catlike ship to the US?

Travis44

Jul 28, 2007
I'm thinking about getting a new helmet, and I think it would be cool to have that Catlike Whisper that's on the heads of Team Euskatel. Does anyone know how much it costs, if it meets US safety standards, and if they ship to the US?

Based on last year's information they do not meet US regulations, but I asked a guy on an organized ride last year how he got his and he bought it while visiting Canada.

I'm not sure about shipping to the US.

Travis44 said:
I'm thinking about getting a new helmet, and I think it would be cool to have that Catlike Whisper that's on the heads of Team Euskatel. Does anyone know how much it costs, if it meets US safety standards, and if they ship to the US?
try this site www.prendas.co.uk
email them- i am sure they will give you all information

Travis44 said:

Since helmets are not required, do they need to meet any 'US' standard to be sold in the US? I'll bet you could find a euro online place that sells them.

Like here

http://www.cyclesetsports.com/boutique_en_46.html

Travis44 said:

FWIW, US safety standards aren't necessarily the measure of anything. For example, CEN standards for motorcycle helmets are much better, according to the research done, than US and SNELL standards.

It's likely that Catlike doesn't export to the US for two reasons:
  1. Even though monitoring certification compliance is done by the manufacturer, it's still expensive.
  2. It's even more expensive dealing with the litigious American society. THM Carbones, makers of Clavicula cranks and Scapula forks, do not export to the US because of the potential for high legal expenses in the US.

Does this mean that if Euskatel were to race in the Tour of California (I haven't followed the race the past couple of years to know if they have) that they would have to race with a different helmet?

Of course, I guess the racing organizer's guidelines could be different than the country's guidelines.