Does Colour Matching Matter?

Color matching matters to me but not when it comes to the bike and my cycling gears. I put first the safety and functionality before aesthetics.

Quote by Volnix:
"It sure was... :D"

See!

Green is a dangerous color! And...to top it off you were using shitmaNO!

That combination is more dangerous then going into a Roma caravan park to buy heroin at 2 AM!

Campag with green on Movistar and Eurocar bikes.

Bianchi and Celeste green... Celeste = death color in Italian, right?

Quote by mpre53:
"We're not allowed to call them gypsies any more?

They called them gypsies, tramps and thieves. They'ld hear it from the people of the town.

Quote by Swami:
"Celeste = death color in Italian, right?"

The blue-green shade gets a pass. The Pope said so.

So...is your Mullet-mobile or the Miata green?

mpre53 said:
Roma? We're not allowed to call them gypsies any more? :huh:
We are... We are more racist then the Irish but still dont appear racist. :D try doing that in Jerm.any. :D

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Volnix:
"It sure was... :D"

See!

Green is a dangerous color! And...to top it off you were using shitmaNO!

That combination is more dangerous then going into a Roma caravan park to buy heroin at 2 AM!
The Roma here don't live in Caravans... It's either on the field on Datsun pick up trucks or on marble houses with f@ckin columns that outshine the Colosseum... Yep they do sell drugs. The bus station is next to "the hood" and the "patients" hassle the passengers for money some times.

But now they are mixed with the refugees, illegals etc... It's a trip public transportation here lately... Gypsies...Les Tsiganes... :D

How about a blacked out Tarmac with Veloce with hoods in Zombie Green? :D also dangerous? :)

Blacked out Tarmac...good, but go with oh-so-pro white tape, saddle and hoods. No sense in taking a risk...

CAMPYBOB said:
Blacked out Tarmac...good, but go with oh-so-pro white tape, saddle and hoods. No sense in taking a risk...

White... Kinky... For a girls bike. :p :D

Blacked out Tarmac is a good idea where gypsies are concerned if we're going along the lines of camouflage...go too slowly past them and they'll try to ****** the wheels of your bike from under you, little sh@ts!

And I wish I wasn't being serious :(

Well I don't know anything about the color green, The Color Purple maybe! :lol:

But I plan to do more riding in the mountains in the next few months so I order 2 of these orange jerseys last night, shipped today. So my colors will be changing.

I just like to be visible while riding in the mountains. ;)

Well I ordered Big Man jerseys, 3XL.

Funny, a forum member here seems to think I am a female posting here in disguise as a male rider. If I am female, I must be one big ass fugly woman ha ha! :lol: :D

091510E.jpg

0Orange_zpsnabnhwa2.jpg

Its not often I'm glad I've been colourblind since birth, but not having to worry about colour co-ordinating my clothes with my bike is one area of life that I'm glad to have missed out on. Obviously some people occasionally joke about the fact that I'm wearing a glaring green shirt with a pink tie, but as I say to them, 'It looks fine to me'. I do occasionally put on my hi-vis jacket instead of my similarly styled coat when I'm going out for an evening with the family. They usually find it hilairious to watch my gradually dawning comprehension as I slowly realise that people are staring at me because I'm wearing a bright orange jacket in a restaurant.

CAMPYBOB said:
A manly man crushes on the bike with absolutely no regard to sock height, color coordination or type of haircut...as long as it isn't both dyed AND perm'd.

But...we roadies do have rules.

Refresh your memory by cruising Velominati: http://www.velominati.com/

Rules 8, 14, 18, 21, 22, 27, 35, 36, 39 and 53 apply to those not manly enough and in search of guidance through life.

And in case you didn't know, green is the color of death, decay and sickness. Despite Europcar's transgressions, we do not own green bikes and we do nor dress in green.
I didn't know about the rules!
Sweet share.