Does Crit Pro do NFL?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by k.papai, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    Does the Critter also lay waste to the NFL newsgroups and cry wolf
    about steroids?

    Or in major league baseball groups and cry wolf about crank and 'roids?
    Are there equivalent chuffers out there as our beloved Crit Poo?

    -Ken

    Tags:

  2. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    k.papai wrote:
    > Does the Critter also lay waste to the NFL newsgroups and cry wolf
    > about steroids?
    >
    > Or in major league baseball groups and cry wolf about crank and 'roids?
    > Are there equivalent chuffers out there as our beloved Crit Poo?

    I think fans of the NBA and NFL are generally just glad if the players
    stay out of jail. There's a long list of domestic violence, DUI and
    concealed weapons offenses in those leagues. Not to mention the
    ocassional attempted murder charge (Ray Lewis), conspiracy to sell
    cocaine conviction (Jamal Lewis) or whatever it is that Ron Artest will
    get charged with.

    More background on the NFL crime problem here: http://tinyurl.com/5lle8
    Similar treatment for the NBA: http://tinyurl.com/6ujzs

    So I expect that if you went into an NFL or NBA newsgroup and complained
    about performance enhancing drugs, it would cause a minimal stir.
    They've got bigger things to worry about. MLB might be different. The
    combination of Barry Bonds closing in on Hank Aaron's HR record plus his
    steroid history could raise the interest level.

  3. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    Tim Lines wrote:
    > k.papai wrote:
    > > Does the Critter also lay waste to the NFL newsgroups and cry wolf
    > > about steroids?
    > >
    > > Or in major league baseball groups and cry wolf about crank and

    'roids?
    > > Are there equivalent chuffers out there as our beloved Crit Poo?

    > I think fans of the NBA and NFL are generally just glad if the

    players
    > stay out of jail. There's a long list of domestic violence, DUI and
    > concealed weapons offenses in those leagues. Not to mention the
    > ocassional attempted murder charge (Ray Lewis), conspiracy to sell
    > cocaine conviction (Jamal Lewis) or whatever it is that Ron Artest

    will
    > get charged with.
    >
    > More background on the NFL crime problem here:

    http://tinyurl.com/5lle8
    > Similar treatment for the NBA: http://tinyurl.com/6ujzs
    >
    > So I expect that if you went into an NFL or NBA newsgroup and

    complained
    > about performance enhancing drugs, it would cause a minimal stir.
    > They've got bigger things to worry about. MLB might be different.

    The
    > combination of Barry Bonds closing in on Hank Aaron's HR record plus

    his
    > steroid history could raise the interest level.

    Hey Tim
    Here in baseball crazy NE Barry Bonds ranks right up there with slugs.
    I listen to a fair amount of sports radio. Hank Aaron is really
    respected as an old school player who worked his ass off over a long
    time to set the record. That's what Boston loves.
    http://bostondirtdogs.com/
    Bonds could be a Yankee and wouldn't be any more unpopular.
    I sincerely hope something happens to get the SOB from breaking the
    record.
    Emmit Smith breaking Peytons record was cool since they both were as
    good as it gets, both as players and people.
    Just my $.02
    Piss on Bonds
    Bill C