Does Edward Dolan actually own and ride a recumbent?

Laurel Thomason

Guest
I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
I'm wrong.

Top posters welcome.

Hi Laurel -

I am not a top poster, nor do I spend a lot of time on this newsgroup, but I believe he does have a recumbent and enjoys riding it.

As do I - a lovely yellow Burley HepCat!!

"PreciousBbird" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:p[email protected]...

> Hi Laurel -
>
> I am not a top poster, nor do I spend a lot of time on this newsgroup,
> but I believe he does have a recumbent and enjoys riding it.
>
> As do I - a lovely yellow Burley HepCat!!

I recall Ed saying his main interests were Beethoven, his cats, and his
recumbents. In that order I would guess. Somewhere on down the list would
be keeping arbr safe from liberals, with Tom Sherman being the single
exception. Like preachers having to have a devil, Ed has to have a Tom.

"Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
> has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
> I'm wrong.
>
> Top posters welcome.

There are plenty of others here on ARBR who will post their adventures with
recumbents. There is even a hard core who will gladly answer any and all
questions relating to recumbents, even those posed by newbies which can
often be quite naive. I will only bother with those messages about
recumbents that interest me, which are few in number. Such messages will
also have to be well written as I figure anyone who can't write well will
not ever have anything interesting to say about recumbents.

Top posters are most definitely not welcome here on ARBR. It is nothing but
rudeness to the casual reader and marks you as discourteous. But even more
than that, it marks you as a mindless slob. You are basically telling the
world that you are a stupid lout deserving of a good swift kick in the ass.
And that is what Ed Dolan does best on this newsgroup.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "PreciousBbird" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>>
>> Hi Laurel -
>>
>> I am not a top poster, nor do I spend a lot of time on this newsgroup,
>> but I believe he does have a recumbent and enjoys riding it.
>>
>> As do I - a lovely yellow Burley HepCat!!
>>

> I recall Ed saying his main interests were Beethoven, his cats, and his
> recumbents. In that order I would guess. Somewhere on down the list
> would be keeping arbr safe from liberals, with Tom Sherman being the
> single exception. Like preachers having to have a devil, Ed has to have a
> Tom.

I note when ever Mr. Tom takes a brief hiatus from this group that there are
plenty of others to fill his place. Apparently, there is never any shortage
of liberal nuts and screwballs who are just literate enough to know how to
write something, even if it is nothing but the purest nonsense.

I now find myself deep in an ocean trench with bottom feeders who seem to
mainly emanate from England and Canada. I do not know what I ever did to
deserve these creatures from the deep, but I do think Mr. Tom was good
training for me. He taught me to be shallow and to just skim the surface.
The main thing is never to say anything that requires any learning. That way
the fools and idiots will know that you are coming from the same place they
are coming from - asylums of retardation.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"PreciousBbird" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:p[email protected]...

> Hi Laurel -
>
> I am not a top poster, nor do I spend a lot of time on this newsgroup,
> but I believe he does have a recumbent and enjoys riding it.
>
> As do I - a lovely yellow Burley HepCat!!

But you just top posted! Always include the post to which you are responding
at the top of your message. Your post will then always be at the bottom.
That is called bottom posting which is the ONLY correct way to do it. That
way the rest of the world will know what you are talking about without
having to read the prior message. It is just good manners to do it like
that.

If in doubt about how to do something, just copy me as I am the
personification of correctness and intelligence. I am never wrong about
anything. Here in Minnesota I am known as Mr. Perfection. Just ask Perry
Butler of Alexandria, Minnesota who posts to this group from time to time.
He will confirm my greatness. Ed Dolan the Great! That's me!

If not this newsgroup, then what newsgroup?

Burley makes good, well designed recumbents as far as I can tell. And yellow
is a damn good color too.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

I seriously doubt he does own one although he somehow claims to have 12, my
guess is he once saw one and thats about it

"Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
> has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
> I'm wrong.
>
> Top posters welcome.

Here's my post, on top where it belongs.

I love it when someone gets under one's skin, and I think we are. What do
you think?

Bill
96 Vanguard, 99 Duplex

"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I seriously doubt he does own one although he somehow claims to have 12, my
> guess is he once saw one and thats about it
>
> "Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
>> has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
>> I'm wrong.
>>
>> Top posters welcome.

"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I seriously doubt he does own one although he somehow claims to have 12, my
> guess is he once saw one and thats about it
>
> "Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
>> has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
>> I'm wrong.

At this point I could list all of my recumbent bikes, but I am not going to
as it would embarrass me and the rest of you would think I am crazy as a
Minnesota loon. I think some of them may actually be antiques by now. If you
were to come over to my house you could not walk through any room in my
house with out tripping over bikes. The truth is, I have never met a
recumbent I didn't like - most especially if the price is right.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Bill McAninch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Here's my post, on top where it belongs.
>
> I love it when someone gets under one's skin, and I think we are. What do
> you think?

Sorry Bill, but you are quite wrong about how to post.

As for anyone getting under my skin, if and when that happens I will be gone
from here. Aggravation - who needs it?

Is McAninch Irish or Scotch?

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<ARxkd.26195$5K2.18239@attbi_s03>...
> I seriously doubt he does own one although he somehow claims to have 12, my
> guess is he once saw one and thats about it
>
> "Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
> > has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
> > I'm wrong.
> >
> > Top posters welcome.

Perhaps he could post a link to a picture of himself with his
recumbents, otherwise we'll have to assume that he just hangs out here
to keep his mind off of something else.

"Mark Crane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> I seriously doubt he does own one although he somehow claims to have 12,
>> my
>> guess is he once saw one and thats about it
>>
>> "Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
>> > has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
>> > I'm wrong.
>> >
>> > Top posters welcome.

> Perhaps he could post a link to a picture of himself with his
> recumbents, otherwise we'll have to assume that he just hangs out here
> to keep his mind off of something else.

I have posted a few messages to this newsgroup about recumbents. If you read
them carefully you will see that I am a world class expert on the subject
which could only have come from the experience of owning and riding them. I
am strictly into quality posts, not quantity posts like so many others here.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

I have no problem with it, how do you like that Duplex?

"Bill McAninch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Here's my post, on top where it belongs.
>
> I love it when someone gets under one's skin, and I think we are. What do
> you think?
>
> Bill
> 96 Vanguard, 99 Duplex
>

> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >I seriously doubt he does own one although he somehow claims to have 12,

my
> > guess is he once saw one and thats about it
> >
> > "Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
> >> has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
> >> I'm wrong.
> >>
> >> Top posters welcome.

I have no problem with it, how do you like that Duplex?

(Top and bottom posted for maximum annoyance)

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >I seriously doubt he does own one although he somehow claims to have 12,

my
> > guess is he once saw one and thats about it
> >
> > "Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
> >> has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
> >> I'm wrong.

> At this point I could list all of my recumbent bikes, but I am not going

> as it would embarrass me and the rest of you would think I am crazy as a
> Minnesota loon.

Calling off models from web pages don't count, and we already think you are
a loon

> I think some of them may actually be antiques by now. If you
> were to come over to my house you could not walk through any room in my
> house with out tripping over bikes. The truth is, I have never met a
> recumbent I didn't like - most especially if the price is right.

Sure Ed sure

"Mark Crane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > I seriously doubt he does own one although he somehow claims to have 12,

my
> > guess is he once saw one and thats about it
> >
> > "Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
> > > has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
> > > I'm wrong.
> > >
> > > Top posters welcome.

> Perhaps he could post a link to a picture of himself with his
> recumbents, otherwise we'll have to assume that he just hangs out here
> to keep his mind off of something else.

Then he'd just pull a picture from the web and say it's him and his bike

I believe he has 14, not all are bents....but most. He has a favorite ride
for around the lake, but I cannot remember which one...a Kette Weisel delta
maybe (not sure).

>I have no problem with it, how do you like that Duplex?
>
> "Bill McAninch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Here's my post, on top where it belongs.
>>
>> I love it when someone gets under one's skin, and I think we are. What
>> do
>> you think?
>>
>> Bill
>> 96 Vanguard, 99 Duplex
>>

>> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >I seriously doubt he does own one although he somehow claims to have 12,

> my
>> > guess is he once saw one and thats about it
>> >
>> > "Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

> I have no problem with it, how do you like that Duplex?
>
> (Top and bottom posted for maximum annoyance)

Damnation and Hell-fire!

I ought to be made the moderator of this group so I could square you all
away. Only I would know how to do it. I would be a regular Adolf ******
about it. You would either do things the right way or you would be sent off
to the gas chambers. But before the gas chambers, it would be my prerogative
and delight to beat you senseless with a horse whip.

All this freedom to do your own thing is a lot of ****. Either do things my
way or be gone.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

>I believe he has 14, not all are bents....but most. He has a favorite ride
>for around the lake, but I cannot remember which one...a Kette Weisel delta
>maybe (not sure).
>
> "Laurel Thomason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I've been scrolling through old messages and I don't think he actually
>> has a bike, based on the content of his posts. Please correct me if
>> I'm wrong.
>>
>> Top posters welcome.

Joshua's post gave me pause as I do not know how many bikes I have. Please
excuse me for a few moments while I go count them.

Yep, more than I thought. Here is the count:

Uprights = 11

Upright Trike = 1

Recumbents = 10

Recumbent Trikes = 3

Junker Uprights = 3

Junker Frames = 10

Now will you believe me when I tell you that I am crazy as a Minnesota loon?

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:48:13 -0600 "Edward Dolan"
used 42 lines of text to write in newsgroup:
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

>Yep, more than I thought. Here is the count:
>
>Uprights = 11
>
>Upright Trike = 1
>
>Recumbents = 10
>
>Recumbent Trikes = 3
>
>Junker Uprights = 3
>
>Junker Frames = 10

My God man! You're a regular Sanford & Son. How many cats did you
say you had?

>Now will you believe me when I tell you that I am crazy as a Minnesota loon?

Never doubted ya Ed! ;~)

--
-Graham

"What I have mostly against middle aged white liberals like you is that you do not know how to hate the proper
people." -Ed Dolan